So with Cut Day happening on Saturday Any Suprises?

MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We would certainly have to include a decent draft pick, cant see them taking that trade as I would think they could a lot more somewhere else.  I mean just straight up for a draft pick I think Ertz would fetch a 2nd, possibly more.  My guess is that we would need to throw in at least a 4th, if not a 3rd for that to be remotely interesting to the Eagles.  And even then, I think someone could make a better offer than us if Ertz could truly be had (which I don't think he is going to be traded this year).  

Here is a question:  DISCLAIMER:  I love Brown, so dont get me wrong, not trying to trade him.

What if Eagles offered us Ertz for John Brown and a 3rd round pick?  Would you do it?  

I’m keeping Brown. I would go Beasley and a #2 though, unless they think Knox is ready to explode this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

With some of the cuts already happening, I think two surprises I am going to list.

Trent Murphy - Sticks on the team, with the reports that AJ is struggling I think he end up sticking.  I really think they wanted to move on from him but I think that he sticks at this point.

Robert Foster - Gone I think they will trade him this week, there will be coaches that look at a 6 game stretch in 2 years and say we can get that out of him, missing time again with another injury.  

Nsekhe traded.  I dont think they are cutting him and I dont think they would move him for late picks, but a mid round pick or a under-performing youngster (ala Hughes trade) and he could be moved.  

Those are my three surprise guesses must admit it is hard doing this without actually seeing practices this year and no Preseason Games to look at either.

I think they desperately hold onto Nsekhe. He is the only real backup to Dawkins on the roster and can play RT effectively. They are going to likely go with Ford at RG and Williams at RT. So Winters, Bates and Ty will be the primary backups along the O-line and then Mongo will be added (not sure who the 9th player will be before Mongo gets back.)

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MJS said:

If a team trades for Foster that is another magical move by Beane.

I just don't see a team willing to trade for him, honestly. He did nothing last year and has been on the roster bubble his entire career.

Based upon his reputation for crafty dealings, I'll bet Beane could get 'future considerations' from the Alabama Booster Club for Foster.  ?

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Might be another that doesnt make the team for that reason along with the Money issue too.  I dont think they lose anything going on from Kroft to be honest

Kroft is guaranteed this year, right?

And is Sweeney a PUP candidate?  Might be a nice way to stash him for the year and to use him as a Kroft replacement next year. 

I think we’re going to see one of Duke/Foster traded.  And it wouldn’t shock me if they keep Foster and go light at RB if Jones’s injury is going to linger into the season.  So I guess Foster not being cut is my shock.  

26 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We would certainly have to include a decent draft pick, cant see them taking that trade as I would think they could a lot more somewhere else.  I mean just straight up for a draft pick I think Ertz would fetch a 2nd, possibly more.  My guess is that we would need to throw in at least a 4th, if not a 3rd for that to be remotely interesting to the Eagles.  And even then, I think someone could make a better offer than us if Ertz could truly be had (which I don't think he is going to be traded this year).  

Here is a question:  DISCLAIMER:  I love Brown, so dont get me wrong, not trying to trade him.

What if Eagles offered us Ertz for John Brown and a 3rd round pick?  Would you do it?  

no I don’t think so. I have really yet to see Daboll really feature the TE so until that happens TE is just another position to me. I think Brown means more to this offense then Ertz would. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't see Jake Fromm anywhere on this team, not even the practice squad.  

This one is interesting.  Hard to judge based on absence of televised practice.  But interesting nonetheless.  You might be right.  Why keep a 5th round QB who looks like he probably tops out as career backup based on first NFL camp when he’s, shall we say, perhaps a bit of a divisive figure in the locker room?

24 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have a harder time parting with the 3rd than John Brown (given our current WR room).

John Brown and a 5th, considering Ertz is due another big contract soon? Sure thing.

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Super interesting.  I thought about moving on from Brown now that Diggs is here and Davis apparently had a stellar camp.  But I don’t think they’re going to do anything along those lines this year.  

Now, the idea of putting your best 11 on the field and having 4 of those 11 be WRs?  That might be something to talk about. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

See I really don't think Sweeney will. And I think they will be able to sneak him on the PS without a problem.

Agree.  Exactly what has Sweeney put on tape that will persuade another team to poach him?

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

With some of the cuts already happening, I think two surprises I am going to list.

Trent Murphy - Sticks on the team, with the reports that AJ is struggling I think he end up sticking.  I really think they wanted to move on from him but I think that he sticks at this point.

Is this true? I try to pay close attention and haven't seen anything about AJ struggling.

25 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Is this true? I try to pay close attention and haven't seen anything about AJ struggling.

I second this. Haven't seen any reports saying AJ is struggling.

36 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This one is interesting.  Hard to judge based on absence of televised practice.  But interesting nonetheless.  You might be right.  Why keep a 5th round QB who looks like he probably tops out as career backup based on first NFL camp when he’s, shall we say, perhaps a bit of a divisive figure in the locker room?

Career backups have a place in this league. And who knows if he's actually divisive in the locker room at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Kroft is guaranteed this year, right?

And is Sweeney a PUP candidate?  Might be a nice way to stash him for the year and to use him as a Kroft replacement next year. 

I think we’re going to see one of Duke/Foster traded.  And it wouldn’t shock me if they keep Foster and go light at RB if Jones’s injury is going to linger into the season.  So I guess Foster not being cut is my shock.  

Why would they keep Foster? In his primary role as a receiver he has been Frankly, invisible,  and we are up to our ears in STs guys. Availability is not a strong suit for him. Measured by performance he’s a one legged man in an azs kicking contest. After his peak in those eight games as a rookie it’s been all down hill. 

27 minutes ago, RochesterLifer said:

Matt Parrino iirc said something about this, using that verbiage, I believe it boiled down to him having a non-eventful practice vs actually “struggling”’ much ado about nothing in all reality.

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Why would they keep Foster? In his primary role as a receiver he has been Frankly, invisible,  and we are up to our ears in STs guys. Availability is not a strong suit for him. Measured by performance he’s a one legged man in an azs kicking contest. After his peak in those eight games as a rookie it’s been all down hill. 

ST if Jones isn’t ready.  

Just now, SectionC3 said:

ST if Jones isn’t ready.  

We have an awful lot of ST guys even without him, can’t see him being kept for that alone...

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think DiMarco is in trouble now with the lingering health issue. 

After that the one that will shock some fans is Tommy Sweeney will be cut. 

I don't think Sweeney is going anywhere now the Kroft has made his annual appointment with Dr. Scholl.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sweeney is currently hurt too. He is on PUP. 

Good Grief! Do they dare call Lee Smith or has he signed elsewhere? I don't even know if he's still on the team or not?

Edited by billsbackto81