Milwaukee Bucks say they will forfeit playoff game tonight, then NBA postpones all games...

eball

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

That wasn’t the question!!! Was 7 shots to the back the punishment deserved for the exact situation that you described?!? It’s a yes or no question...

yes. Putting the entire situation into context yes.  He was tasered, fought with the cops and then reached into his car. Almost the exact scenario in the video and those cops almost died. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The NBA leads again. They’ve taken the hard road to demand change. They’ve used their enormous platform to fix OBVIOUS problems in this country. If you think that sitting silently while an unarmed man is shot in the back 7 times is the best option you and I aren’t going to agree on much. This is a peaceful stand against injustice by some of the most powerful people in this country. That’s how change happens.

Would this change include standing up for the freedom of the people in Hong Kong against China, or is that none of their business?

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So is 7 shots to the back the punishment deserved for the exact situation that you describe? 

If he would have just surrendered and answered some questions he would be good right now. Once someone attempts to reenter their vehicle all niceness goes away. This isn't a video game or funday kind of a situation. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

yes. Putting the entire situation into context yes.  He was tasered, fought with the cops and then reached into his car. Almost the exact scenario in the video and those cops almost died. 

What was the correct punishment for DylannRoof? Burger King? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Would this change include standing up for the freedom of the people in Hong Kong against China, or is that none of their business?

Standing up for something important is better than burying your head in the sand on everything!! Everyone is going to relate to causes closer to home than things that they don’t experience daily. The Bucks started this today. There is a well-documented story of Sterling Brown on the Bucks in a scary situation with police. We all relate to more first hand experiences. Give me the guy that stands up for A RIDICULOUS INJUSTICE all day before the people that ignore it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What was the correct punishment for DylannRoof? Burger King? 

Roof got the death penalty didn’t he?  He also surrendered to police.  What should the cops have done? Gambler with him not having a gun in the back of the car?  If you tasered a guy, fought with him and then watched him reach in the car would you just stand there? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, aristocrat said:

Roof got the death penalty didn’t he?  He also surrendered to police.  What should the cops have done? Gambler with him not having a gun in the back of the car?  If you tasered a guy, fought with him and then watched him reach in the car would you just stand there? 

You'd apprently shoot him 7 times in the back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Standing up for something important is better than burying your head in the sand on everything!! Everyone is going to relate to causes closer to home than things that they don’t experience daily. The Bucks started this today. There is a well-documented story of Sterling Brown on the Bucks in a scary situation with police. We all relate to more first hand experiences. Give me the guy that stands up for A RIDICULOUS INJUSTICE all day before the people that ignore it. 

I wonder what exactly they'll be doing to change these injustices, besides stop playing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m sure Blake would have preferred Burger King and a trial to 7 shots in the back and he didn’t even kill anyone.

Well then he shouldn't have committed a crime, violated his restraining order and resisted arrest. Pretty simple. When I was a child, I didn't get dessert when acted up.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

At the end of the day all this guy had to do is not sexually assault a woman. No cops called. Boom

It's amazing how simple that is.

• Like (+1) 2