Bills work out a few players today

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Interesting....i can definitely see them wanting to bring in another OL body, curious on the DBs...maybe cause of Norman's injury?  

Can never have too many DBs.  I’m sure there will be at least 2 on the PS.  Most of these guys were bringing in are possible practice squad guys imo

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

OL Brian Allen, CB Charles Oliver, DB Kobe Williams

Brian Allen was the first known nfl player to test positive for Covid if anyone cares 

McBean adding to his OL collecting hobby?

10 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds like Cam Lewis has been playing well in Norman’s absence.  He’s got a year on the PS too, so he knows the system.

I like Cam and he has some inside/outside flex too. He is similar to 7th round pick Dane Jackson in that regard. My worry is if Norman misses a lot of time you have your two primary backups for the outside spots without an NFL snap in anger between them.... that feels a bit risky.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Cam and he has some inside/outside flex too. He is similar to 7th round pick Dane Jackson in that regard. My worry is if Norman misses a lot of time you have your two primary backups for the outside spots without an NFL snap in anger between them.... that feels a bit risky.

I think that’s where the trade will come in. The Bills will flip a depth OL, DL, or WR for a depth corner with some experience. Maybe someone like Daryl Worley in Dallas? He was drafted by Carolina and Dallas just added 2 CBs in the draft. Sidney Jones is another name that may make some sense.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s where the trade will come in. The Bills will flip a depth OL, DL, or WR for a depth corner with some experience. Maybe someone like Daryl Worley in Dallas? He was drafted by Carolina and Dallas just added 2 CBs in the draft. Sidney Jones is another name that may make some sense.

Ah Sidney Jones. I loved that kid at Washington. He had the injury and then just has never seemed to get back to himself in the NFL. If I could get him for flipping Philly a guy who isn't making my team or a 7th round pick I'd definitely do that.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Ah Sidney Jones. I loved that kid at Washington. He had the injury and then just has never seemed to get back to himself in the NFL. If I could get him for flipping Philly a guy who isn't making my team or a 7th round pick I'd definitely do that.

I was pretty high on him too. Supposedly he’s on the bubble. Philly forever needs wide receivers despite always adding them. Maybe something like Duke for Jones? Just thinking out loud 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was pretty high on him too. Supposedly he’s on the bubble. Philly forever needs wide receivers despite always adding them. Maybe something like Duke for Jones? Just thinking out loud 

They seem to like speed guys though..... Foster for Jones could make more sense? He has teams value too

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They seem to like speed guys though..... Foster for Jones could make more sense? He has teams value too

That works too. The only reason that I threw Duke out there is because Jeffrey is constantly hurt. There are some options there though toward the back of the Bills WR depth chart. They have some NFL players that won’t make the team. The same with the OL and DL. 

Brian Kelly is an interesting prospect.  Having switched from WR to CB in college, he's as raw as a third year player can be, but he is big and has high level athleticism.  Seattle is CB rich so he was a victim of the numbers game.  You don't want him to come in and start, but if you've got room on your roster to stash him, it might pay dividends down the road.

One more plus - he should be immune to COVID-19.  LOL

Edited by TigerJ

I am curious about Trey Adams. I remember after the draft people were talking about his size and talent but his injury history, speed, and attitude may be a drawback.

Any idea how he is looking in the OL camp competition?

1 minute ago, Wizard said:

I am curious about Trey Adams. I remember after the draft people were talking about his size and talent but his injury history, speed, and attitude may be a drawback.

Any idea how he is looking in the OL camp competition?

The only thing I've seen of him is one of the reporters saying they finally noticed him one day but not in the good way.