Russia Was Not a Democratic Hoax

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Yeah, that’s why you’re supposed to vet the info before making it public. 

So then who's colluding with whom?  And DJ got nothing from Veselnitskaya (since it was a setup) whereas Steele took a lot of bogus Russian disinformation and used it to get a sitting President removed.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So then who's colluding with whom?  And DJ got nothing from Veselnitskaya (since it was a setup) whereas Steele took a lot of bogus Russian disinformation and used it to get a sitting President removed.

What are you talking about? Do you think that the Steele Dossier was the trigger or basis for the Russia investigation? Because it wasn’t. It was largely discredited and dismissed by investigators. 

However, there were dozens of actual contacts between the Russians and the Trump campaign, which was very willing to accept their help. 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

What are you talking about? Do you think that the Steele Dossier was the trigger or basis for the Russia investigation? Because it wasn’t. It was largely discredited and dismissed by investigators. 

However, there were dozens of actual contacts between the Russians and the Trump campaign, which was very willing to accept their help. 

It played a central role. 

Edited by Doc

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

It played a central role. 

It absolutely did not. The Senate Intelligence report and the Mueller Report are both public. You can go check them for yourself but you’re not going to find a ton about the Steele Dossier because it wasn’t a central part of the investigations. 

The media blew up to be way bigger than it was. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It absolutely did not. The Senate Intelligence report and the Mueller Report are both public. You can go check them for yourself but you’re not going to find a ton about the Steele Dossier because it wasn’t a central part of the investigations. 

It was the basis for several things but was ultimately found to be bogus so they tried to bury it. 

And meetings with Russians doesn't equal "collusion."  Meanwhile it's been proven that nothing Russia did influenced anyone, much less actually changed votes on voting machines, and neither side gained anything from the other (except for Russia seeing the Dems tear the US apart over it).  So what "collusion" could actually have taken place?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was the basis for several things but was ultimately found to be bogus so they tried to bury it. 

They looked into it, found most of it to not be credible and moved on to the other heaps of evidence.

I get that it’s fun to just read the news that confirms your priors but when we’re talking about investigations that have public reports, why wouldn’t you just read those instead of insisting on being wrong?

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

They looked into it, found most of it to not be credible and moved on to the other heaps of evidence.

I get that it’s fun to just read the news that confirms your priors but when we’re talking about investigations that have public reports, why wouldn’t you just read those instead of insisting on being wrong?

Like you guys were and have been wrong on Russian collusion, because it confirms your priors?  Read the addition to my previous post.  This was one of the worst collusions in history, akin to J6 being one of the worst insurrections in history.  But if it plays to your beliefs, who cares, right?

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like you guys were and have been wrong on Russian collusion, because it confirms your priors?  Read the addition to my previous post.  This was one of the worst collusions in history, akin to J6 being one of the worst insurrections in history.  But if it plays to your beliefs, who cares, right?

The Trump campaign actively sought assistance from Russia to win the election. They met to try to get oppo info, they shared polling data, they tried to set up a secret back channel so they could communicate with the Russians without anyone finding out. 

But all that’s fine because he’s your guy, right? And you’d be totally fine if other candidates did it too, right?

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The Trump campaign actively sought assistance from Russia to win the election. They met to try to get oppo info, they shared polling data, they tried to set up a secret back channel so they could communicate with the Russians without anyone finding out. 

But all that’s fine because he’s your guy, right? And you’d be totally fine if other candidates did it too, right?

Oppo info like...a pee tape?  Other salacious details about Slick's (+/- Hilly's) sexual deviancy?  Baseless claims?  So basically...the Steele Dossier? 

Again they got no info by "colluding" with Russia, much less info that helped them win/defraud the election, much much less did Trump do anything for Putin and vice versa.  No, what did Hilly in was her general unlikability, frail appearance at times and her illegal server that Comey announced was still under investigation a week before the election.  If a few millions spent on Facebook ads was enough to overcome the $1B she spent on her campaign...

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

For anyone interested in actually learning the truth instead of spewing nonsense, you can check the reports yourself and see both that the Steele Dossier was not the center of the investigations and that the Trump campaign was attempting to work with the Russians to win the election.

Senate Intelligence Report on Russia

Mueller Report on Russia

7 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

For anyone interested in actually learning the truth instead of spewing nonsense, you can check the reports yourself and see both that the Steele Dossier was not the center of the investigations and that the Trump campaign was attempting to work with the Russians to win the election.

Senate Intelligence Report on Russia

Mueller Report on Russia

Sure man. It was just the central piece that the FBI used to start the entire thing.

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Sure man. It was just the central piece that the FBI used to start the entire thing.

C’mon man. That’s been debunked time and time again. I don’t know where you get your news but it must be terrible. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

C’mon man. That’s been debunked time and time again. I don’t know where you get your news but it must be terrible. 

Well I certainly don't get it from outlets that have long been proven liars and propagandists as you do.

So there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Well I certainly don't get it from outlets that have long been proven liars and propagandists as you do.

So there's that.

Heres an idea: read the reports. Or just the executive summaries. Or just the introduction. Or just the freaking table of contents. 

Willful ignorance is wild. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Heres an idea: read the reports. Or just the executive summaries. Or just the introduction. Or just the freaking table of contents. 

Willful ignorance is wild. 

I've read it all. Far, far more than you have I can assure you.

The FBI can claim whatever they want about when they began Crossfire hurricane. The fact remains the entire thing was dead in the water by August 2016. The FBI OGC said they did not have sufficient evidence to get FISA warrants.

Enter the Steele Dossier, they got their warrants and it was off to the races.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanNC said:

I've read it all. Far, far more than you have I can assure you.

The FBI can claim whatever they want about when they began Crossfire hurricane. The fact remains the entire thing was dead in the water by August 2016. The FBI OGC said they did not have sufficient evidence to get FISA warrants.

Enter the Steele Dossier, they got their warrants and it was off to the races.

The investigation was already well under way before the Steele Dossier. Only some of the Carter Page warrants were deemed improper, others were fine. And in any case, Page was a minor part of the overall investigation. 

So I guess the truth is whatever you say it is, facts be damned. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, BillsFanNC said:

So there's that.

the funny part is the Mueller report itself stated. just that.  same with the sussman trial.

But I guess if MSNBC didnt have a talking head explain it..  it never happened.

On 1/26/2023 at 11:56 PM, ChiGoose said:

Sure, there are lefties who made ridiculous claims like Trump was taking orders from Putin or that everything in the Steele Dossier was true. People like to jump at the juicy gossip without actually verifying it first. 

@BillStime and @Tiberius, are you going to stand for this?  ChiGoose is talking specifically about you.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ask him if Paul Manafort was a Russian asset

He was. He was handing polling data to the Russians who could then use it to target their IRA operations. 

But I guess that all the MAGA people here would be totally fine if Hillary had given polling data to the Chinese so that they could better help her. I mean, Trump’s campaign did it, so it must be fine. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

He was. He was handing polling data to the Russians who could then use it to target their IRA operations. 

But I guess that all the MAGA people here would be totally fine if Hillary had given polling data to the Chinese so that they could better help her. I mean, Trump’s campaign did it, so it must be fine. 

It was just kind of interesting how under Trump our alliance system was called into questions and the relationships with our fellow democracies was frayed. 

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Ask him if Paul Manafort was a Russian asset

He might have been.  Got booted from Trump's campaign but none of the data he gave them made a lick of difference.

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It was just kind of interesting how under Trump our alliance system was called into questions and the relationships with our fellow democracies was frayed. 

Mostly because the told them to pay their fair share WRT NATO.  And they did.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

He might have been.  Got booted from Trump's campaign but none of the data he gave them made a lick of difference.

Mostly because the told them to pay their fair share WRT NATO.  And they did.

Then why was Trump pushing to get Putin back into the G-7? Just seems like he is doing what Putin wants. Putin wants NATO weakened, Trump tried, the money was an excuse, and nothing but. Trump is still saying he trusts Putin over our government. 

Putin, the mass murdering terrorist, is trustworthy to Trump. 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Then why was Trump pushing to get Putin back into the G-7? Just seems like he is doing what Putin wants. Putin wants NATO weakened, Trump tried, the money was an excuse, and nothing but. Trump is still saying he trusts Putin over our government. 

Putin, the mass murdering terrorist, is trustworthy to Trump. 

The money wasn't an excuse.  He knew they'd cave if he threatened to pull out and they did.  

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He's a traitor 

Tibs, it is a waste of time. These simps are programmed to instantly reject the fact that Russia has been GROOMING Trump for the past 40+ years and Putin used him like a useful idiot.

Donald guts the anti-Russia stance on Ukraine in the GQPs 2016 platform - who benefits?

Donald constantly denies Russian hacking (as does the cult here despite the plethora of evidence) -  who benefits?

Donald did everything to destroy our relationships with our allies and with the EU -  who benefits?

Donald tried to destroy the credibility of NATO -  who benefits?

Donald pulled back our troops in Germany -  who benefits?

Donald applauded Putin's victory in Syria after handing it to him on a platter - who benefits?

Donald tried to add Putin to the G7 -  who benefits?

Donald told Putin he could have Crimea -  who benefits?

Donald shared classified information with Russian operatives in 2017 - who benefits?

Donald continued to buy and increase oil imports from Putin - who benefits?

Donald incited a non-stop culture war on American soil - who benefits?

image.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He's a traitor

Right.  Because he's done so much for Russia (well, maybe he did, by getting elected and having Dems tear the country apart over it because they couldn't deal with Hilly losing).  And Russia's done so much for him (just look at his tax returns!).

Edited by Doc

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Or if she had engaged and conspired with a rogue foreign national to spread disinformation about Trump and his campaign in an attempt to influence the outcome of the election.  🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3