Chris Hogan sign with the Jets

Virgil

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not sure he makes their roster. He's 32 and coming off his worst year in a rather unremarkable career. 

Look at their current other (not Perriman) starter.  He could very well make the team and be their 2nd (if Mims missing much time) or 3rd receiver.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Gase signed him for his intel into Buffalo's 2015 offense. 

FIFY ?

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm a Hogan fan.  A great addition for the Jets, because he will bring some stability and leadership to a situation that seems almost like chaos.  

He will be more important in the locker room than on the field.  He isn't a guy who can help carry the team with big-time plays - he's only a role player in an offensive scheme, but he will teach the team something about commitment and excellence. 

I was a Hogan fan when he was in Buffalo-- loved his motor. But, I remember there being reports-- mostly anecdotal-- that he was not well liked in the locker room. Not in terms of leadership, or team issues-- purely a personality thing. I wish I could remember the sources, but it was too long ago.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

FIFY ?

I was a Hogan fan when he was in Buffalo-- loved his motor. But, I remember there being reports-- mostly anecdotal-- that he was not well liked in the locker room. Not in terms of leadership, or team issues-- purely a personality thing. I wish I could remember the sources, but it was too long ago.

That's interesting.  I hadn't heard that.  Not every high motor guy is likable.  

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he was. I remember people applauding him moving on. I remember people bring irate he was kept over DaRick...  it goes on. There were a few people that though he was decent and would do much better in NE. Sure he went to NE and Eventually got a ring as a role player that had an occasional good game. 

I don’t think anyone thought he was elite, but there were sure those that hated him. 

What kind of photos we talking here? 

Family photos - Hogan, wife, and kids on the beach. That was the first shoot. The next one was a year or so later and I can't remember the setting.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Never understood why he was so polarizing.

decent depth wr, great athlete, nice story. 

It probably has a lot to do with this (though he was with Carolina last year).  Going to NE didn’t help:

7 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Wow he’s played for the entire AFC East now. Wonder who else has done that in their career (non-kicker).

Edited by BarleyNY

12 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Hogan developed into a good complimentary WR but I think injuries and age have taken a toll on him.  Not playing with the greatest QB ever probably doesn’t help your production either.

Probably not a bad signing for a street FA in August, but then again - there’s a reason he was a street FA in August

Agreed!  Signing right before camp really gets started was mostly work by his Agent.