38 Minutes with Axios: This is the President of the United States of America

20 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

All voters should watch this with an open mind

omg.....

”we only have so many cases because we test so much”

”the only stats that matter are deaths relative to your cases...which we are good at”

President Donald Trump again extended well-wishes to accused sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell, apparently expressing sympathy for Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime companion.

“Her friend, or boyfriend, was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She’s now in jail,” Trump told Axios’ Jonathan Swan in an interview that aired on HBO 

“Yeah, I wish her well,” he said. “I’d wish you well. I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty.”

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

President Donald Trump again extended well-wishes to accused sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell, apparently expressing sympathy for Jeffrey Epstein’s longtime companion.

“Her friend, or boyfriend, was either killed or committed suicide in jail. She’s now in jail,” Trump told Axios’ Jonathan Swan in an interview that aired on HBO 

“Yeah, I wish her well,” he said. “I’d wish you well. I’d wish a lot of people well. Good luck. Let them prove somebody was guilty.”

He wouldn't wish the subject at the end of the interview, well, though. Instead he was bothered that subject never attended Trump's inauguration.

• Like (+1) 1

I clicked off at 5:46 because I couldn't tolerate the agitation of the interviewer with the interruptions.

I think interruptions are important and wouldn't like an interviewer who let Trump filibuster, but the continual agitation along with the interruption feels hopelessly aggressive.

You could tell from the first couple minutes that this guy, Jonathan Swan, thought he had a killer idea: Trump believes in the power of positive thinking and that's not the right approach for governing during the pandemic. But when that idea didn't take off as Swan— in his own positive thinking — may have visualized, he panicked and it showed.

Maybe it will be fun to watch the rest and see if Trump is able to reduce Swan to a fluttering pile of feathers. So I may get back to this.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

At least you tried

no he did not.  That entire post was a copy and paste off a blog.

b-men says very few things that actually come from his brain

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Maybe it will be fun to watch the rest and see if Trump is able to reduce Swan to a fluttering pile of feathers. So I may get back to this.

spoiler: the above didn’t happen.  Trump fumbled questions badly about death numbers and is getting roasted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Crayola64 said:

no he did not.  That entire post was a copy and paste off a blog.

b-men says very few things that actually come from his brain

Ha damn you are right.. I thought for sure he at least watched the first 6 minutes.

B-Man's next original thought will be his first.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Ha damn you are right.. I thought for sure he at least watched the first 6 minutes.

B-Man's next original thought will be his first.

From his post:

You simpletons can't figure anything out, can you. 

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don't think you understood what you quoted here.  Unless you were trying to defend Trump, which I highly doubt.

Trump Did an Interview With Axios, Here Are the Two Moments People Are Freaking Out Over

Donald Trump did an interview with Axios’ Jonathan Swan, which published last night. Why he did the interview is anyone’s guess. It’s political malpractice to put Trump in front of someone the campaign knows is going to be a hostile interviewer. Would Joe Biden do such an interview? Of course he wouldn’t, and he’s smart not to do so. Republicans, even Trump, continue to allow themselves to play by different rules when it comes to the media and I simply don’t understand why.

But regardless, the interview happened and their were two notable moments which are now trending.

One has to do with the coronavirus, in which Swan brought up Germany as a comparison to our numbers. Why he didn’t use Spain, Italy, the UK, The Netherlands, or Europe as a whole is obvious. Doing so would show the U.S. response and its results are not unique but are fairly expected given our governmental system (we have constitutional freedoms) and diversity. Instead, he chose Germany and South Korea to play gotcha with because they’ve done uniquely well.

Trump is actually right at the end when he says deaths are going down in Florida. Swan chose to sarcastically suggest they aren’t. Deaths had dropped on July 24th-27th when this interview took place on July 28th.  He’s also right when he says deaths have precipitously dropped across the country even though case load has skyrocketed, with some of that being due to more testing. But the media, and many on the right for that matter, thought this was a major flub by Trump. You be the judge.

The next moment that got people’s juices flowing was the discussion of John Lewis. Though Trump would eventually say something positive about the now deceased Congressman, it took about a minute for him to do so. That upset a lot of people.

{snip}

People will have different opinions on that, and that’s fine. I do think it’s a bit silly to jump to some of the hyperbole being used given what we actually know about how the bread is buttered in Washington. These people hate each other, and Lewis hated Trump with every fiber of his being. I wouldn’t expect Trump to shower praise on him in death, though I would expect him to avoid directly insulting him, which he’s so far done.

So there you go. The two moments people are freaking out over from an interview that will be forgotten about by tomorrow.

• Haha (+1) 1

Well the cool thing about this Republic is that we all get to choose who our President will be every four years.  So you don’t like him (I’m being kind here).  That’s very apparent. Get at it and get your man elected. Good luck to both sides come November. 

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Your condemning the president for wanting to uphold how the justice system works shows more about your hatred of him getting the better of you, than anything correlating to whatever point you folks are trying to make.  

And if I can ask from a non-partisan perspective...  Where’s Biden’s interviews?  Trump went into the Lion’s teeth.  Biden won’t conduct interviews with allies, let alone conservative outlets.  This shows more good for Trump than bad unfortunately.   No matter how it’s skewed by a media that (like you) is consumed by hatred and no longer recognizes their own prejudices.  When you choose to see things in an open-minded view, with neutrality (instead of waiting to tear apart a person you hate - like you and the interviewer for that matter), you’ll form a much more truthful opinion of the person.  Unfortunately, that’s just not the case here.  I’m not a Trump fan by any means, but If I weigh his interview against the forced reactions of those that hate him, Trump wins decidedly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, dubs said:

Put this in one of the dozens of other Donald Trump threads.  Stop clogging up the board with every emotion that you think deserves everyone's attention.  

Get a clue, Trumplet: you're not in charge.   If you don't like this thread, then don't participate in it.  

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, DFT said:

Your condemning the president for wanting to uphold how the justice system works shows more about your hatred of him getting the better of you, than anything correlating to whatever point you folks are trying to make.  

And if I can ask from a non-partisan perspective...  Where’s Biden’s interviews?  Trump went into the Lion’s teeth.  Biden won’t conduct interviews with allies, let alone conservative outlets.  This shows more good for Trump than bad unfortunately.   No matter how it’s skewed by a media that (like you) is consumed by hatred and no longer recognizes their own prejudices.  When you choose to see things in an open-minded view, with neutrality (instead of waiting to tear apart a person you hate - like you and the interviewer for that matter), you’ll form a much more truthful opinion of the person.  Unfortunately, that’s just not the case here.  I’m not a Trump fan by any means, but If I weigh his interview against the forced reactions of those that hate him, Trump wins decidedly.

Huh? A child rapist and you are like, so what? Buzz off 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Get a clue, Trumplet: you're not in charge.   If you don't like this thread, then don't participate in it.  

just offering some friendly advice that would benefit the entire PPP community. 

but go ahead, continue to act on every impulse and emotion that pops into your pea sized brain. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why do you want Maxwell to die?  Worried about what she will reveal?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, if only he would have wished harm on her, it would have been more humorous

to see you feign sympathy and fear for her

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ever watch Law and Order SVU?  Police and Legal officials have a habit of telling evil people that they want to turn state/ Federal evidence “good luck”.  Does that make Dick Wold or Mariska  Hargitay evil?  This happens every day in the real life of criminal prosecutors.  And while I think what she’s accused of is the worst kind of evil, she’s still not exempt from due process.  Much like those who have committed atrocities in Portland under the guise of equality, or the gangs who enact heartbreaking  murders in Chicago, or Baltimore.  

1 minute ago, DFT said:

Ever watch Law and Order SVU?  Police and Legal officials have a habit of telling evil people that they want to turn state/ Federal evidence “good luck”.  Does that make Dick Wold or Mariska  Hargitay evil?  This happens every day in the real life of criminal prosecutors.  And while I think what she’s accused of is the worst kind of evil, she’s still not exempt from due process.  Much like those who have committed atrocities in Portland under the guise of equality, or the gangs who enact heartbreaking  murders in Chicago, or Baltimore.  

Eat sh it. She is disgusting scum. 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Trump sure is being nice to her.... 

Do you think that your hatred for Trump is blinding you to the fact that her transcripts have not implicated Trump in anything whatsoever?  Being serious here.  Because if you have this much hate for Trump wishing her well, where’s your outrage to former President Clinton?

Edited by DFT
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Oh, if only he would have wished harm on her, it would have been more humorous

to see you feign sympathy and fear for her

Yeah, if he had said that, they'd have been saying "why, what does he have to fear?"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DFT said:

Do you think that your hatred for Trump is blinding you to the fact that her transcripts have not indicated Trump in anything whatsoever?  Being serious here.  Because if you have this much hate for Trump wishing her well, where’s your outrage to former President Clinton?

Trump and Clinton both used Jeffery’s services, right?