14 Positives on Marlins

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Not surprising at all, the same is going to happen to NFL teams. If the players and staff do not take this seriously... all it takes is one guy to infect a bunch of teammates and staff. Testing only helps identify/contain the virus, it doesn’t prevent it from spreading.  For some team it will turn into a S show, and they will be fielding third and fourth  string talent. 

Fingers crossed ? for the season. 

Go Bills!!!

So really your saying this shouldn't affect the marlins at all?

• Haha (+1) 1

Everytime I see or hear about something Covid related I find myself wondering... What bothers people more, the word "Moist" or Pres. DT saying  "Chy-nah"

On a more serious note, I would not be surprised if this gets baseball canceled. Maybe they switch to the bubble too. Somebody should call Pauley Shore and get him to do some PR for playing in the Biodome.

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You're right. It's just a made up thing. Nothing actually happens. It's all part of a world-wide conspiracy.

I have nothing to be concerned about with schools reopening either. My asthmatic wife will be fine as well. As will by diabetic father and my mother who is coming off cancer treatment. My kids as well they will be fine. Kids don't sick except the ones that do. Everything will be great and this will disappear. Bunch of hullabaloo over nothing I tells ya.

Sorry to hear about your Mom and relatives. Not sure how you interpreted what I said into me thinking COVID is a hoax. But 14 players test positive and someone upthread inferred these athletes and support staff will have permanent lung scarring. Shouldn't we wait to see if any are hospitalized (or get headaches, rapid heart beat, etc.) before sounding the alarm on sports?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

How do you explain California? They have been having huge spikes in cases too. They have been shut down and masked up for months now.

recently started to shut down again. They opened like most other states

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Because people don't do what they are told.

The CDC came out and said Florida's spikes are likely due to vacationers from the East Coast bringing it with them, not their COVID-19 policies.

Seems to me like the spread is getting bad regardless of what people are doing. Masks probably help a little bit, but not as much as people think. Social distancing helps some, but people still touch things everywhere they go and every surface is a potential transmission. And now there is talk of the disease potentially being airborne.

I just don't think it's very possible to remove the risk of infection. People are going to get it, even those who have been following every precaution.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mickey said:

...and your point is what? We know not everyone who gets this dies, or has life threatening issues or permanent medical problems. We know it is highly transmissible and that it can kill, hence the truck morgues and rising death toll. I don't know that there is any disagreement over that, we all know the numbers, about 150k dead and growing and millions who have recovered, some fully, some not. Therefore, ergo, what?

The point (again) is let's see how these 14 players fare with the virus. Will they recover from the symptoms quickly? Will they feel no symptoms at all? Will they require hospitalization? Again, 14 positive cases is just that...positive cases. At some point, the phrase "positive case" has been modified to mean "death sentence, morgues, tractor trailer coolers for dead bodies, lung scarring, fetus death". 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

The CDC came out and said Florida's spikes are likely due to vacationers from the East Coast bringing it with them, not their COVID-19 policies.

Seems to me like the spread is getting bad regardless of what people are doing. Masks probably help a little bit, but not as much as people think. Social distancing helps some, but people still touch things everywhere they go and every surface is a potential transmission. And now there is talk of the disease potentially being airborne.

I just don't think it's very possible to remove the risk of infection. People are going to get it, even those who have been following every precaution.

Its not possible if you don't take precautions and do whats required

People who have been following every precaution can still get it because those that aren't can still spread it and the precautions are mostly to help you from spreading, not to prevent you from getting it. In places where they have taken it seriously and the majority of the people are following the recommendations/Orders, the spread has slowed down (Just look north where an entire country has less cases them some states have had deaths in a day.

And their policies aren't working to well if they are reopening and allowing vacationers to come from other areas 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

How do you explain California? They have been having huge spikes in cases too. They have been shut down and masked up for months now.

Actually large numbers of people in California have been ignoring basic protocols/ failing to do the right thing, much like in the other sunbelt/southern states, those people are responsible for the spike, sadly we are seeing a bunch of self indulgent first worlders that can’t be bothered to be bothered... There is a large amount of willful ignorance thwarting what progress could have been made to keep this virus under some semblance of control. So we are reaping what we have sowed, in a manor of speaking. There is an all to high a percentage of stupid in our country...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Don Otreply said:

Actually large numbers of people in California have been ignoring basic protocols/ failing to do the right thing, much like in the other sunbelt/southern states, those people are responsible for the spike, sadly we are seeing a bunch of self indulgent first worlders that can’t be bothered to be bothered... There is a large amount of willful ignorance thwarting what progress could have been made to keep this virus under some semblance of control. So we are reaping what we have sowed, in a manor of speaking. There is an all to high a percentage of stupid in our country...

well, I needed a haircut...

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

This is satire, right?

This dude is a joke.  He predicted like 100 deaths at the beginning of this.  He been so wrong but he’s like a lot of people and can’t just say it so he just double downs. He couldn’t get a job at a real sports station so he panders to a certain demographic.  He’s a moron but some people eat it.

and I don’t know how you do this without a bubble. There is no way football players aren’t going to get it and pass it along if there is no bubble.  As usual, the nba is doing it the right way. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The point (again) is let's see how these 14 players fare with the virus. Will they recover from the symptoms quickly? Will they feel no symptoms at all? Will they require hospitalization? Again, 14 positive cases is just that...positive cases. At some point, the phrase "positive case" has been modified to mean "death sentence, morgues, tractor trailer coolers for dead bodies, lung scarring, fetus death". 

The vast majority of Americans think it's a death sentence.  The reality is there are serious underlying conditions that will affect the outcome dramatically.. Elderly of course, obesity, diabetes and having cancer and/or getting chemo.  If anyone falls into that category, they need to be very very careful.   There's also an ethnicity component but I won't go into that here.

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

I know a bunch of people that left New York to go be in Florida because it was open season down there at the beginning of it.  

it’s time to sell Florida to another country. Best and worst state in the country. 

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

well, I needed a haircut...

It’s “Flowbee” time... ?

another quality Ronco product 

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

People arent wearing masks. And then those that do, a ton wear them below their noses, rendering them completely useless.

It's really that simple. But you can't say the recommended actions dont work when so few are actually following them.

Dont turn it around on the experts. The issue is with the people.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s absolutely embarrassing that our country are still having these issues when most of the rest of the world is almost getting back to normal.  

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Jeff Pasan (MLB Insider): The players played yesterday after testing positive. The entire Phillies team was exposed.

What?! The players played yesterday after testing positive. 

Players want to play and they will hide things.  This is a huge mess. And it sucks because i did as well with no sports as I ever thought was possible.  But no football might be my breaking point. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Jeff Pasan (MLB Insider): The players played yesterday after testing positive. The entire Phillies team was exposed.

What?! The players played yesterday after testing positive. 

No freaking way that happened. I can see the non positive players played