14 Positives on Marlins

1 hour ago, SmokinES3 said:

We made it one series... Certain political factions will have this shutdown ASAP. Fun while it lasted...

I'm sorry, are you saying that the only reason someone would shut them down after an outbreak would be for partisan reasons?

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, SmokinES3 said:

We made it one series... Certain political factions will have this shutdown ASAP.  Fun while it lasted...

The ones in the right side of this?! With these numbers, politics aside, you gotta shut it down. 

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

People arent wearing masks. And then those that do, a ton wear them below their noses, rendering them completely useless.

It's really that simple. But you can't say the recommended actions dont work when so few are actually following them.

Dont turn it around on the experts. The issue is with the people.

This country is absolutely losing its mind.  Seriously, the best country in the world is becoming the dumbest.  Idiots are mad at Dr. Fauci because morons can’t do what they are suppose to do.  It’s like getting mad at a video game controller because you suck at the game. 

it pains me how dumb America is becoming. 

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm sorry, are you saying that the only reason someone would shut them down after an outbreak would be for partisan reasons?

People are losing their minds.  The whole reason for the shutdown was so won’t have this now.  And guess what? It worked in pretty much every country.  But because a bunch of babies had temper tantrums, we might lose out on the best Bills team since the SB years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Process said:

A complete ****-show. 

NBA and NHL will be fun, they are doing it right 

58 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

The NFL better do a bubble and start the season in October at this point.

Agree the bubble concept, think is the only chance you have of making it work.

Having said that can't imagine the players agreeing to a bubble and even if they did getting it to actually work for that amount of time.  In the case of the NBA, they first went to Orlando 2 to 3 weeks ago.  By Sept 11th 3 days after the 1st week of NFL games, they will be down to only 4 teams left, overall about 3 to 4 weeks more time than the NFL training camp.  That's about the same number of people on one NFL roster.

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

No freaking way that happened. I can see the non positive players played

This would not surprise me in the slightest, people will do the wrong thing even when they know better when money comes into play. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

People are losing their minds.  The whole reason for the shutdown was so won’t have this now.  And guess what? It worked in pretty much every country.  But because a bunch of babies had temper tantrums, we might lose out on the best Bills team since the SB years.  

It's more than just temper tantrums, it's because we did kind of a half a****** attempt at it overall excluding a few areas.  Admittedly because they didn't want to upset certain people.

• Like (+1) 2

Baseball will shut down. There is no way around it. Does anyone really think we are going to have a football season. It sucks but until this virus is under control how can sports be played without players, coaches, getting infected.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who's losing their mind? If we miss out on the NFL season, it's no one's fault but ourselves. As a society we didn't take responsibility for our actions and do what was required to end the outbreak. We're the only country treating it as an inevitable part of everyday life. Most other countries are already past it. 

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Really? The medical community or the medical community that got told to rewrite all the guidelines a couple weeks ago or just the medical community on the channel you watch.

The American Academy of Pediatrics? Are you serious? And of course they rewrite guidelines. You evolve as you learn, just like when Fauci changed course and started saying we needed to wear masks. Also, who watches the news? Its 2020. All cable news is garbage--whether its Rachel Maddow or Tucker Carlson.  

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 1

They're playing 60 games in 62 days.  Canceling games because one team has too many positive results can't be the solution.  Marlins should have to forfeit their games until they're ready to play.  

If they continue to cancel games like this, these guys will be playing triple-headers to make them up.  THAT's not gonna happen.

This does not look good.

Asia is now experiencing their second wave and many countries have begun shutting down.  I think another, much broader, U.S. shutdown is inevitable.

I fear that the baseball season will be scrapped and the NFL won't play a single game.

57 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its sort of the like the school reopening debate. The medical community generally, if not universally, supports the reopening posture. Yet, somehow, the teachers unions have framed the debate as reopening being against the advice of medical consensus, when that is not at all true.  

interesting take -- I interpret science professionals saying something different than this ... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Who's losing their mind? If we miss out on the NFL season, it's no one's fault but ourselves. As a society we didn't take responsibility for our actions and do what was required to end the outbreak. We're the only country treating it as an inevitable part of everyday life. Most other countries are already past it. 

I meant in who they are blaming for it.  They are blaming the medical experts instead of putting the blame on themselves.  And a lot of people who did the right things are getting screwed by those who didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s absolutely embarrassing that our country are still having these issues when most of the rest of the world is almost getting back to normal.  

Players want to play and they will hide things.  This is a huge mess. And it sucks because i did as well with no sports as I ever thought was possible.  But no football might be my breaking point. 

Sadly the levels of people’s willful ignorance is so high that America will be fighting this virus for at least another year before it is under some sort of control.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, there is an all to high a percentage of stupid in our country. 

its sad as hell ...

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Please search for news about Australia. The idea that anyone is “past” this is funny. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MJS said:

The CDC came out and said Florida's spikes are likely due to vacationers from the East Coast bringing it with them, not their COVID-19 policies.

Seems to me like the spread is getting bad regardless of what people are doing. Masks probably help a little bit, but not as much as people think. Social distancing helps some, but people still touch things everywhere they go and every surface is a potential transmission. And now there is talk of the disease potentially being airborne.

I just don't think it's very possible to remove the risk of infection. People are going to get it, even those who have been following every precaution.

I live in Fl and Gov. Desantis is acting like Trump in this. Deny , deflect. And the kicker is he's blaming others from the NE.

These days the CDC is a Trump mouthpiece spewing lies. Other countries are at a point where they can play baseball (S. Korea) because they took this seriously from the beginning, while our leadership said "it's just a flu, we're fine".

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Have you looked at Europe recently?...

• Thank you (+1) 1