Bears trade TE Adam Shaheen to Miami

39 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Damn. Imagine being forced to move to the 'Rona epicenter right now.

As a healthy young man I'm pretty sure he probably is just fine with the move especially if he gets time on the field.

Not to mention, he isn't being forced. He doesn't have to go.

Edited by Beast

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Shaheen played at a small school in Ohio, Ashland university. Pretty sure he’s the only Ashland alum in the nfl. Tough transition from that level of competition to the league. 

Pos Player   AP1 PB St CarAV Ht Wt Yrs   NFL Draft (tm/rnd/yr)  
DT Jamie Meder   0 0 1 8 6-2 308 5 2014-2019    
LB Ryan Myers   0 0 0 1 6-2 245 2 2005-2006    
B Ray Novotny   0 0 1 0 5-10 165 3 1930-1932    
LB Bill Overmyer   0 0 0 2 6-3 220 1 1972-1972 Philadelphia Eagles / 14th / 352nd pick / 1972  
DT Jeris Pendleton   0 0 0 0 6-2 328 3 2012-2014 Jacksonville Jaguars / 7th / 228th pick / 2012  
K Tim Seder   0 0 0 3 5-9 180 3 2000-2002    
TE Adam Shaheen   0 0 1 2 6-6 257 3 2017-2019 Chicago Bears / 2nd / 45th pick / 2017  
DB Walt Williams   0 0 2 21 6-1 185 7 1977-1983 Detroit Lions / 2nd / 42nd pick / 1977  
DT-DE Mike Wright   0 0 0 18 6-4 295 7 2005-2011  

Well, TE is our weakest position group, but they are happy with the unit now.  I have very high hopes for Knox, and maybe Sweeney could turn out to be something.  Kroft and Smith are a waste, but Kroft’s restructure makes it virtually impossible to get rid of him this year.  This would have been a good trade.

what is interesting is to see what will happen over the next two weeks in trades among the league.

13 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, TE is our weakest position group, but they are happy with the unit now.  I have very high hopes for Knox, and maybe Sweeney could turn out to be something.  Kroft and Smith are a waste, but Kroft’s restructure makes it virtually impossible to get rid of him this year.  This would have been a good trade.

what is interesting is to see what will happen over the next two weeks in trades among the league.

I'm kind of surprised by this take with two promising rookies and Kroft set for a potential bounceback year. I really don't have anything else to add here. It's just interesting to see such a different perspective. 

Hey fallen, no problem we can agree to disagree.  Knox and Sweeney are very promising, even though Knox had the most drops in the NFL this year.  It was explained and I’ll take him at his word.  Both of these guys I expect to be better, but a proven commodity next year like the two I mentioned in Philly.  I have no confidence in Kroft having this bounce back year, and Smith was not very good at all.  

I still say we should have put some of this $ into Hooper before Cleveland scooped him up.  If the $ was the same, which team does anyone think he would want to play.  The chocolate mess of Cleveland or us who went to the playoffs two of the last three years and ascending.  I bet a whole $ Kroft and Smith are gone in 2021.  Whether we draft one or we pick one up in free agency, I’m not surprised at all.  I believe Sweeney and Knox will improve significantly this year, it is still our weakest position group.  It’s nowhere on defense, not the WR’s, RB’s, O Lineman, and I believe in J. Allen.

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and you are right that Kroft will have a great year.

• Like (+1) 1

Shaheen's been in the league for 3 years.  He's had trouble staying healthy, missing 21 games.  When he has played, he's averaged 1 catch for 9 yards a game.  What's not to love?

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Shaheen's been in the league for 3 years.  He's had trouble staying healthy, missing 21 games.  When he has played, he's averaged 1 catch for 9 yards a game.  What's not to love?

The bears are also a complete joke top to bottom, so there's that.

• Like (+1) 1