Seahawks trade for Jamal Adams

25 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I take it that means you were able to decipher Bell's post. Good for you, man. All I read was "May I mommy dog face to the banana patch."

Damn, I'm old.

You're required to tell that story here once every 20 years you know....

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Homers won't like this, but I think money trouble is on the way with Tre. This isn't the first time he's kind of hinted in that direction -- in this case, he's okay with what Adams did and supports Adams putting himself first and "getting his." He's also already thinking about state taxes.

I don't think it'll be trouble -- but it will have a LOT of zeroes involved!       This front office knows what they're ***** and what Tre is worth to this team.  

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And admit to a bunch of new people that he passed-up a chance with a model...for an evening with Fabio?

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This is probably what Jets, Dolphins and Pats fans were saying about the Bills pre McBeane.... Douglas is well regarded. Once Gase is gone I’d bet he will get the Jets headed in the right direction. 

Doubtful.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I'd never tell that story with the crowd that gathers here today. This board was radically different back then.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

And admit that he passed-up a chance with a model...for an evening with Fabio?

Now. Now. I didn't pass up the model so much as I accepted my place in the given situation. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a trade that should show Bills fans that the Bills have more than enough money to sign their guys-maybe not all of them, but they will be able to sign the guys they really want to keep. Seattle is paying Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, etc and will have to pay Adams very soon-and we are worried about if the Bills will be able to sign Milano and Dawkins! Yes Tre is going to cost a lot of money, but if you look at what the other teams around the league do, his contract won’t be a problem 

Edited by Ya Digg?

2 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

This is a trade that should show Bills fans that the Bills have more than enough money to sign their guys-maybe not all of them, but they will be able to sign the guys they really want to keep. Seattle is paying Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner, etc and will have to pay Adams very soon-and we are worried about if the Bills will be able to sign Milano and Dawkins! Yes Tre is going to cost a lot of money, but if you look at what the other teams around the league do, his contract won’t be a problem 

I’m not worried about signing Milano

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is probably what Jets, Dolphins and Pats fans were saying about the Bills pre McBeane.... Douglas is well regarded. Once Gase is gone I’d bet he will get the Jets headed in the right direction. 

I could agree, but it’ll depend on who comes in after Gase. And how far/if  they consider tearing things down some and shedding some of those contracts 

53 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think it’s the exact opposite. The first round prospects are mostly known by sophomore year. It’s the later round prospects from smaller schools without a ton of tape that will be lotto tickets. 

Every year there are projected 1st round prospects that drop and later round prospects that rise. I don't think I'm being controversial when I say that a whole season of scouting being thrown out devalues the picks in that draft.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'd never tell that story with the crowd that gathers here today. This board was radically different back then.

Now. Now. I didn't pass up the model so much as I accepted my place in the given situation. :lol:

Yes....sadly.   You'd probably be banned for offending someone.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Naw, he’s going to be the highest paid CB in the league by a significant margin. He will be okay once that happens.

He’s definitely going to be the highest paid CB in the league, but whether he signs this contract with the Bills is questionable. The only way out of this situation is to start negotiating the year we are legally able to. If he ends his final season without an extension, he’s gone. And he’ll still be the highest paid CB in the league. And maybe in a state with no income tax. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kind of wish Tre didnt have twitter sometimes.  Especially bad this offseason.

I hope it’s been the pandemic or his reaction to police brutality, but it just seems like something has changed in him this offseason. Or, maybe we really never knew him. 

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Lol yes.

The Jets and Dolphins had at least some success from 2000-2017. The Bills were consistently mediocre to awful. 

Big deal.  "Some success" means a couple good seasons here and there but nothing consistent/sustained. 

But good job as usual, Scott.  I thought you were slipping.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

He’s definitely going to be the highest paid CB in the league, but whether he signs this contract with the Bills is questionable. The only way out of this situation is to start negotiating the year we are legally able to. If he ends his final season without an extension, he’s gone. And he’ll still be the highest paid CB in the league. And maybe in a state with no income tax. 

Do state taxes really matter when you are making that much?  Lebron chose to go to LA, Durant chose to go to the Warriors and then the Nets and Kyrie Irving chose to go to the Nets even those those states have the highest state taxes.

It's primary getting the biggest number as an ego trip.  You can`t get less than Kirk Cousins if you think you`re better.

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

Do state taxes really matter when you are making that much?  Lebron chose to go to LA, Durant chose to go to the Warriors and then the Nets and Kyrie Irving chose to go to the Nets even those those states have the highest state taxes.

It's primary getting the biggest number as an ego trip.  You can`t get less than Kirk Cousins if you think you`re better.

To me, no. To Tre, yes. He’s said so.