Seahawks trade for Jamal Adams

After much too much thought about this trade I think the Jets did extremely well. They traded a player who was going to cause problems in the locker room most likely and got a strong haul in return. I also think the Jets  GM might be ok with this being a lost year and this makes them better in a few years.

• Like (+1) 1

Adams is good but he’s annoying.  I think this is a win-win for both teams.  Adams will be a beast in Seattle and the Jets got a great package for an unhappy, annoying player.  

I think the afc East has a bunch of good GMs in it for the first time in forever. 

On 7/26/2020 at 12:59 AM, Doc Brown said:

If the Jets didn't value safety as a premium position they wouldn't have taken Adams with the 6th pick of the draft.  He's very good in coverage and is elite as a pass rusher.  It will be interesting to see how Seattle uses him as they play in a division loaded with WR and TE weapons.  Meanwhile, the Jets can waste Darnold's rookie contract and continue to be on their ever lasting rebuilding process with two extra first rounders most likely in the 25 to 32 range.

No argument that he's not a great player, im saying they were able to get a 1st round pick for a guy that didn't want to be in the building.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/26/2020 at 12:19 AM, njbuff said:

How exactly have been hitting on their picks.

Adams has been their only good pick in quite some 

I meant more recently, I think williams will be a beast and darnold has shown promise while being surrounded by garbage, and adams was a definite hit. But ya definitely lee, pryor and Millner were total busts

40 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

No argument that he's not a great player, im saying they were able to get a 1st round pick for a guy that didn't want to be in the building.

The question is why he didn't want to be in the building and that's on the Jets.  Same thing goes for Ramsey in Jacksonville.  Must've been a bidding war for both as you'd think the Jets and Jags would have less leverage because they were disgruntled. 

On 7/26/2020 at 6:03 PM, njbuff said:

I wonder if the Jets turn around and use one of those first rounders to go after Ngakoue?

The Jags have little leverage over Ngakoue so I doubt they would need to pony up a first rounder. I honestly think the Jags could call themselves lucky if they got a 2nd for Yannick. Then again I though the Jets were going to just get one first for Adams so I am not good at this. 

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The question is why he didn't want to be in the building and that's on the Jets.  Same thing goes for Ramsey in Jacksonville.  Must've been a bidding war for both as you'd think the Jets and Jags would have less leverage because they were disgruntled. 

Ya i agree, I have a feeling Gase is just one of those guys that its easy to not get along with

On 7/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, HappyDays said:

People still overrate draft picks. If you had 2 picks in the late 1st round and one of them turned into Jamal Adams you would be thrilled. The Seahawks traded a guess for a sure thing. That is what you do when you're a contender. It's the same reason the Bills traded for Diggs. The Jets now have no building blocks in their secondary and they have to hit on both picks as starters for the trade to be worth it. Great players > draft picks, every time.

BOOM

20 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I meant more recently, I think williams will be a beast and darnold has shown promise while being surrounded by garbage, and adams was a definite hit. But ya definitely lee, pryor and Millner were total busts

Jachai Polite also says hello. The guy didn't even make it out of training camp ? 

That being said, I already rate Joe Douglas as a better GM than anyone they've had for the past decade. Thought their 2020 draft haul was impressive and didn't make too many 'Jets-ian' free agency errors beyond the George Fant deal. 

On 7/27/2020 at 12:45 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

After much too much thought about this trade I think the Jets did extremely well. They traded a player who was going to cause problems in the locker room most likely and got a strong haul in return. I also think the Jets  GM might be ok with this being a lost year and this makes them better in a few years.

Burned through most of darnolds rookie contract though.  They went from Anderson, Enunwa, Kearse - to Perriman, Crowder, Mims in 3 years.  Is that even an improvement?

They added Becton, but they imo overspent on fant, and mcgovern.  Basically through 3 years - they draft their franchise QB (and paid a pretty penny to get him) - and have surrounded him with nothing.  I guess Bell would be considered someone they brought in, but its a huge overspend when you don't have a good offensive line.  

So assuming they probably don't win this year.  You're now on year 4 of Darnold with 2 firsts - with needs at WR, IOL, Pass rush, and in the secondary.  To get year 4/5 contributors youre just going to have to move picks anyway.  I just don't really know what the plan is.