Jets, Giants, Rutgers no fans this year

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

It’s all but assured the Bucs aren’t going to have fans either.  They stopped selling tickets a couple of weeks ago, and with the spike, it’s just a matter of time before the three FL teams close down their stadiums.

To be honest I don’t even care if there are no people allowed at stadiums the entire year , I just HOPE we have a season , playoffs , SB !!

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What about fireman Ed?

Holy cow, Ed has a Wikipedia entry!  (So does Pinto Ron!)  I am just so used to seeing HOUSE's gifs regarding Captain Jet, I never gave Ed the credit he deserves.

From doddering around the Wikipedia linked entries, I now know Wrecks was coaching the Jests the day of the 'butt fumble', which included a lot more N.Y. gaffes in the game.  Who would have thought that?!  ?

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Strongly disagree.  Have you ever played football on a decent level?  These guys are constantly competing for jobs and their careers.  You go half speed, you’re going to get cut or injured.  It’s like UFC.  Obviously a crowd helps but it’s still a battle and you can’t go at it half speed.

Sorry I didnt mean it like that in the sense they will go half speed. I meant more from  a watching standpoint.. it’s just going to be strange with little to no fans , Im sure these guys get juiced up with crowd support. They are pros and competitive and will play to win like another other game. I’m just intrigued to see how it will look to us viewing! 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

Didn't they say outdoor gatherings could be 500 and fewer in NJ?

Couldn't they have 500 fans then? I imagine those could be some exclusive tickets. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Strongly disagree.  Have you ever played football on a decent level?  These guys are constantly competing for jobs and their careers.  You go half speed, you’re going to get cut or injured.  It’s like UFC.  Obviously a crowd helps but it’s still a battle and you can’t go at it half speed.

I was thinking about this the other day.... 

Think about playing backyard football with your buddies, or pickup basketball. 

There were (probably) no fans, but did it make you care any less or play half speed? Plus these guys know there are millions watching on TV. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

41 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Couldn't they have 500 fans then? I imagine those could be some exclusive tickets. 

There were (probably) no fans, but did it make you care any less or play half speed? Plus these guys know there are millions watching on TV. 

That would be a Rutgers record.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

I just got e-mail from the Jets this morning. I am a Jets season ticket holder despite being a Bills fan. While yesterday's announcement said there will be no fans at games but if things change they will sell individual tickets and season ticket holders get first crack at them. I am not holding my breath but it would great if that happened as I would definitely get the Bills game if this were the case.

So you go to the Jets games to exult in their misery? BRILLIANT!!!!

4 hours ago, Putin said:

To be honest I don’t even care if there are no people allowed at stadiums the entire year , I just HOPE we have a season , playoffs , SB !!

Putin, amen.  It’s a pipe dream To think we’ll have fans in the stands.  If we still have a season and do well, is to so bad we watch from our homes.  Not living in Buffalo, I’m happy to pay for the ticket and enjoy it with my boys and Dad.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Bad sign? Didnt NYS already announce a couple week ago that teams can play, but no fans allowed?

Seems like NY was the bad sign for NJ.

That could all change if the country got their collective ***** together. But we wont.

Well said.  If you told me 10 years ago that we would have a pandemic that we largely could have stopped in its tracks by wearing masks in public and doing other simple things like regularly washing our hands, but stubbornly chose not to do it to the great detriment of our economy, our treasure, and our national health, I wouldn’t have believed it.  But here we are. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Well said.  If you told me 10 years ago that we would have a pandemic that we largely could have stopped in its tracks by wearing masks in public and doing other simple things like regularly washing our hands, but stubbornly chose not to do it to the great detriment of our economy, our treasure, and our national health, I wouldn’t have believed it.  But here we are. 

The only way this pandemic could have been stoped in its tracks is if China would have shut down Wuhan , instead of letting this virus spread around the world 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yes, the article said Rutgers will have up to 500 and I’m guessing it will be players‘ and coaches’ family members etc 

Will recruits be allowed on the sidelines this season on their official visits? That’s probably off too.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, Liberal Bob said:

Well this is a bad sign 

Looks like the state of NJ will not be allowing fans in the state 

https://www.ticketnews.com/2020/07/jets-giants-no-fans-new-jersey-gov-order/

One has to wonder what will happen here

Good luck with all of the eviction orders making fans leave NJ.  They cannot even evict people who cannot pay rents because out of work due to COVID.