Jump to content
RiotAct

Bills give STHers option to opt-out for 2020 while maintaining seniority and seat location

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Augie said:

 

In the future.

 

That’s the best I can offer. 

I can take that, for now lol. Hope your well pal 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 5:28 PM, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, they really want to piss me off, make me eat two home preseason games..looks like games 1 nd 4 cancelled, both road games for Bills.

 

PR says make the preseson games fanless no matter what..or free

Smart move by the NFL. Every home team retains their preseason schedule.

I upgraded my seats to the lower level @ midfield, and I actually had planned on attending a preseason game, to checkout the new view.

Otherwise, I can't recall being at a preseason contest in this century.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer...

On 7/2/2020 at 10:43 AM, Mango said:

 

 

The Pegulas are probably going to be asking NYS for money in the next few years for a new stadium. . 

If Peg's needs public $$$ for a new Stadium, I would say that a new home for the Bills is dead in the water, for years to come.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/30/2020 at 11:52 PM, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Be a tough nut to give up on Bills games, but I’ll agree the security lines are horrendous and far worse than any other stadium I’ve visited, and the concourses are reminiscent of a midievil dungeon 

They closed all of the rear gates, due to the facility expansion, with no afterthought to incoming fan traffic.. I'm dismayed that this problem has not been rectified, after all of these years. I have 3 compressed vertebra in my lower spine, and I'm good for standing for about 5 minutes. I usually enter the stadium after kickoff, to avoid the long lines.

I made a request to the Bills for a Medical pass, and they told me '2Bad4U'.

Edited by BUFFALOBART

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Leaning towards to opt out refund for me.

 

Limited fans, I would expect no tailgating. Maybe my whole group cant go to a game together. No thanks, I'd rather use that money myself this year and come back in 2021 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Leaning towards to opt out refund for me.

 

Limited fans, I would expect no tailgating. Maybe my whole group cant go to a game together. No thanks, I'd rather use that money myself this year and come back in 2021 

I'll be doing the same.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I’m gonna go with the account credit. I’m 3/4 paid up anyways, I’m luckily not in dire need of the funds elsewhere and I’d kick myself all the way down the road If by some miracle we were playing a home playoff game this year with some fans in the stands and I wasn’t one of them. Plus, when next year rolls around I’ll be almost fully paid up and it will be like finding a bunch of money in the couch! 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I think I’m gonna go with the account credit. I’m 3/4 paid up anyways, I’m luckily not in dire need of the funds elsewhere and I’d kick myself all the way down the road If by some miracle we were playing a home playoff game this year with some fans in the stands and I wasn’t one of them. Plus, when next year rolls around I’ll be almost fully paid up and it will be like finding a bunch of money in the couch! 

 

Ditto. I'm all paid up so I'm going to let it roll and hope there's a chance to see one game live.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just clicked Option A...if they letting me in, i am going.Of course this was on Twitter yesterday.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked for a refund. I prefer my money in my pocket rather than in someone else's pocket. Here in Canada, airline companies offered only a credit, no refund. They now owe me thousands on $'s. I lost my deposit on a vacation rental. It was 2 grand. I trust no business right now. Until Covid-19 is over, I'm not interested in credits. Give me back my cash. I'll handle it myself. Bankruptcies are just starting.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opted for credit.  If I can get into games I will.  And my #BillsFamily will find a way to safely mingle pre-game.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Options stink, but I figured they’d do something like this.

 

The thought of them holding my money interest free for a year is very annoying to me if we wind up getting zero or limited games. At least offer an opt in option with a refund in the event NO fans are allowed in all season. 
 

I’ll have to kick it around for a few days, but in general no thanks to the NFL franchise holding my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m leaving on account.  I’m Canadian and pat exchange fees on both purchases and returns.  I’m 5% poorer if I refund (2.5% fee each way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I’m leaving on account.  I’m Canadian and pat exchange fees on both purchases and returns.  I’m 5% poorer if I refund (2.5% fee each way).

What I did, to avoid that, several years ago, I got a USD credit card. Most if not all of the Canadian banks are offering one.

58 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

Options stink, but I figured they’d do something like this.

 

The thought of them holding my money interest free for a year is very annoying to me if we wind up getting zero or limited games. At least offer an opt in option with a refund in the event NO fans are allowed in all season. 
 

I’ll have to kick it around for a few days, but in general no thanks to the NFL franchise holding my money.

I agree. At least they should offer some incentives (small interest or a gift) so we pick the credit instead of the refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link they sent me does not work.

 

Not sure yet on what I do but having the border closed and with having to quarantine for 2 weeks if it ever does open going to games would not be popular with my Boss and he is a Bills fan ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Curt said:

I asked for a refund. I prefer my money in my pocket rather than in someone else's pocket. Here in Canada, airline companies offered only a credit, no refund. They now owe me thousands on $'s. I lost my deposit on a vacation rental. It was 2 grand. I trust no business right now. Until Covid-19 is over, I'm not interested in credits. Give me back my cash. I'll handle it myself. Bankruptcies are just starting.

 

USAir did same thing to me for Katrina.  I found out later that it was year credit from purchase date not flight date (what would they do if you bought it more than a year in advance) when I tried to use it following year to go to a game.  I have not purchased from then since and I used to be a regular traveler for business and they lost a lot of high priced tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bill's are trying to squeeze season ticket holders with three year deals.  I bought tickets for 2030, 2021 and 2022.  Now they're saying I have to buy tix for 21, 22. 23.  That's not right.  Not my problem if they can't deliver on the first year of a three year deal.  

 

Edit:  I raised this with the Bills and they agreed that my three-year commitment still will end after the 2022 season.  They were quick to respond and were very accommodating.  

 

I was told they're working on multiple socially-distanced seating plans on the assumption that they might be able to have fans sometime this season.  However, they're struggling with how they can enforce it.  Left to their own devices, most of the fans probably will wander down to the front rows of the lower deck.  What are they going to do - have armed police to keep people in their seats?

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Bill's are trying to squeeze season ticket holders with three year deals.  I bought tickets for 2030, 2021 and 2022.  Now they're saying I have to buy tix for 21, 22. 23.  That's not right.  Not my problem if they can't deliver on the first year of a three year deal.  

2030 is going to be a great year.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I read the article correctly, it seems to me the Bills are effectively “canceling” all season tickets this year but telling current STH that “you’re good” for 2021.  My question is what is the setup if there are fans allowed this year?  Will current STH have priority for purchase or will it simply be a free-for-all when the limited number of seats go on sale?  I see valid arguments for both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, eball said:

If I read the article correctly, it seems to me the Bills are effectively “canceling” all season tickets this year but telling current STH that “you’re good” for 2021.  My question is what is the setup if there are fans allowed this year?  Will current STH have priority for purchase or will it simply be a free-for-all when the limited number of seats go on sale?  I see valid arguments for both.


If you let the Bills keep your $ already paid, you’ll have “first crack” at some ticket if they allow some fans at some point. Not your seat, but just a seat somewhere in the stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...