Should NFL teams have a "Quarantined" backup QB?

With the Covid crisis should the Bills (and other NFL teams) keep a backup QB away from the team as discussed in this PFT video? And if so which QB should the Bills keep like this - Barkley? Or someone else (other than the rookie Jake Fromm)?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard someone on radio make the point that the Bills are more likely to keep 3 QBs on the roster this year because of this. Usually they don’t but weird year.

I can see us keeping 3.  A quarantined QB could be a good idea.  I could see JA, Barkley and Fromm.  

27 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

i really think the NFL should consider a larger roster this year and in future.

Discussed in multiple outlets that a quarantined QB doesn’t make sense for several reasons including a third QB can’t learn that much on virtual learning, and easier to pick up an experienced guy off the street like a Cam.  Now it is reported wildly the NFL should on the other hand in this pandemic figure it out with the union to go to at least 60 + PS so they can account for other position persons quarantined especially where each team feels they are thin.  Makes sense to me.

The interesting question is Barkley the guy you keep away from the team since he will at least know the offense if called upon? Do you bring in somebody else right away to familiarize him with the offense as much as possible? And if so whom do you bring in?

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I can see us keeping 3.  A quarantined QB could be a good idea.  I could see JA, Barkley and Fromm.  

Fromm needs sensitivity counseling  but he could be ready by mid November ..

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Will the “Designated Survivor” even want to emerge from the quarantine bubble (in lieu of filing early retirement papers with the league?) if half the active team is sick and the call comes through? 
giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b16b2c8bd2981c59b3f

Great Blazing Saddles meme

• Thank you (+1) 2