Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

That was 2018. Although I do not pretend to know how Jim Brown feels about the issue now, the recent events have changed many people's minds.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

a revealing "response".

So what happens if there’s 3 , 4 , 5 or 12 players who are standing for the anthem ? 
I gave you my opinion that a coach should support ALL of his players.. Now if a team as a whole including the coaches decide to kneel then yes he should... 

personally I don’t give a rats ars what he does , what I want him to do is a good job coaching and win games 

Edited by Putin

1 minute ago, DrW said:

That was 2018. Although I do not pretend to know how Jim Brown feels about the issue now, the recent events have changed many people's minds.

Have people truly changed their minds? Or are they following the herd in order to not be canceled or publicly shamed (e.g. Drew Brees)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Have people truly changed their minds? Or are they following the herd in order to not be canceled or publicly shamed (e.g. Drew Brees)

There were personal statements by members above in the thread that their awareness has changed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I think there’s a little bit of both 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

Absolutely, I think some have changed their worldly outlook, others are just covering their ass.

I think we at the point where EVERYONE MUST KNEEL for the anthem if not the cameras will be pointed at them , and you know what will be said about them ...

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why does anyone care how someone else chooses to consume the anthem?  I don’t get that. 

I still don't understand why it's played before sporting events? Why is it played before my 10 year old nephews hockey game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t really mind the kneeling.... what bothers me is the league and these players don’t have a message. Many are kneeling for different reasons. The reason is bigger than BLM so let’s not just make that the reason!!!!!

20 hours ago, Putin said:

How many of us have the ok ??

And yes if Boss gives the ok then the answer is obviously yes , but if that ok will divide the company then there will be a discussion and that’s where we are at the moment 

If I am reading your response correctly. You are saying IF you were the commish or an NFL owner you would have a discussion on whether your players would be allowed to kneel. And possibly would not allow it because of strife in either your revenue stream and/or your workforce. 

But as of right now, the NFL at large has given the OK. So your issue is no longer with the kneeling, it is the fact that they are allowing it, because YOU THINK they shouldn't kneel.And YOU can't kneel at work, so they shouldn't be able to kneel either. But the NFL has basically come out and said, for the time being, they don't give a crap if you turn off, and they are OK with it. 

Right now, people are making it a player issue, but in reality it no longer is an individual player issue. They can all kneel if they want. Their employer is allowing it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

I still don't understand why it's played before sporting events? Why is it played before my 10 year old nephews hockey game?

I have no idea. They don’t do it in the premier league. Obviously, the military’s sponsorship plays a role but think that it’s beyond that. The 10 year-old hockey game is a good example. It’s kind of weird when you think about it. I really don’t care if it plays or not. 

11 minutes ago, nucci said:

Agreed, 1000000000%

Its not played everyday before i start working, so why is it done at sporting events? 50% of the fans are not in their seats and are getting beer and chatting it up in the concourse anyways.

1 minute ago, CountDorkula said:

Agreed, 1000000000%

Its not played everyday before i start working, so why is it done at sporting events? 50% of the fans are not in their seats and are getting beer and chatting it up in the concourse anyways.

Tradition ?

28 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

question, for those who do not support; ever serve your country ?

Great question, but be careful what you ask for with that question on here. You’ll feel the full wrath of the resident Drew Brees’es. The “well my grandaddy served and I’m steaming mad about this” crowd. It’s sad after all this people would rather spend all this time and energy fighting and deflecting vs. stopping to actually listen and ask themselves whether we have a legitimate race problem in this country. 

18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no idea. They don’t do it in the premier league. Obviously, the military’s sponsorship plays a role but think that it’s beyond that. The 10 year-old hockey game is a good example. It’s kind of weird when you think about it. I really don’t care if it plays or not. 

I agree it should only be played during international games , like during the Olympics ? Maybe during hockey games when American team plays vs Canadian? 

Edited by Putin

I would remove the Anthem from All domestic games , if the players from both teams want to get together and kneel  before the kickoff who would have an issue with that ?

IMO it would be great for both teams and the coaches take two minutes and kneel/protest to show that they all support the cause that we ALL agree with !!! 

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ???

Edited by Putin

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

I would remove the Anthem from All domestic games , if the players from both teams want to get together and kneel  before the kickoff who would have an issue with that ?

IMO it would be great for both teams and the coaches take two minutes and kneel/protest to show that they all support the cause that we ALL agree with !!! 

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK ???

Not a bad idea.