Defund the Police?

4 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

No no no. This is where people are getting confused on this stuff, that absolutely does not need to be how this happens. And the key to it is right there — guns can't be part of this.

There needs to be measures of accountability. Guns on every cop cannot be part of a solution moving forward. We have to learn from our mistakes. Look at the amount of evidence. Guns on cops directly saving people <<<<<<< guns on cops directly killing people. It's not close. 

Our country is still massively immature and disrespectful to the power of guns. They are treated like toys and given out like candy. All guns need to be like sniper rifles with SWAT Teams... Guns need to be part of very specialized, trained taskforces called in for extreme situations. They are not needed for everyday mediations, nor for the types of community services needed from police.

If some ####### with a gun starts going around threatening or shooting people, then you call in your Gun Team. 

If some ####### is going around threatening and hitting people with his bare hands, then that should be something a proper police force should be able to handle without weapons.

All I can do is laugh!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I support your message. Defund the Police. Handle crap on your own. Do away with jails, prisons, all that.

And also do away with welfare while we are at it. Get rid of all these social programs.

If people want security, hire privately or arm yourself. If people want to give to the poor, then give to the poor of your choice. 

Seriously, let’s start this in the major cities and see how it goes from there.

...modeling after Chicago would be a good start, right?....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...modeling after Chicago would be a good start, right?....

Yep!

Imagine the boom in construction in the outlying areas as people flee these cities.

The economy may actually sky-rocket!

...if this is all about racism, how does this happen?.....

Scores of minority-owned small businesses in Santa Monica turn to crowdfunding sites for help after being burned, looted and vandalized

By Hollie McKay | Fox News

In the aftermath of riots descending on Santa Monica on Sunday, more than 17 local businesses – damaged and looted inside the beachside enclave – have had to turn to the crowdfunding site GoFundMe for immediate assistance, their future existence in jeopardy.

"Communities like Santa Monica, California were ideal for this round of protests and riots because they fit the agenda of 'bringing the pain to the affluent,'" Dennis Santiago, a Los Angeles-based Global Risk, and Financial Analyst told Fox News. "The area of the city looted and vandalized is a focal point of the liberal, easy-going, and diverse values tolerant ethos of that community. This belief set is what was brutally shattered by these events."

While looters in many cities have pledged to focus on large franchises and companies for their thieving, much of what was decimated in Santa Monica was already struggling small businesses.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/small-business-santa-monica-crowdfunding-help-looted

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

You need people for homeless people to give them what they need; for crazy ass people shooting bows & arrows in public; for domestic disputes — these require trained professionals. Essentially what I"m talking about are field doctors for mental/social issues. 

Can you please give examples of where field doctors where sent in to stop a mass shooter, a rape, drug cartels, looting, high speed chases, homicides, battery, domestic assaults, etc.?

If you think a field doctor is going to walk up to some "crazy ass people shooting bows & arrows in public" and give them a hug and the world will be right again, then God help us all.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if this is all about racism, how does this happen?.....

It tells you in the second sentence and first quote. It's intentional. It's a strike against wealthy, complacent, White Americans. It is a wake up call, not just from Black Americans but from everybody who's had enough. 

And let's be real clear.

Property damage =/= violence. 

The Santa Monica businesses do not need your tears. If you've ever been there, you'd know.

2 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Can you please give examples of where field doctors where sent in to stop a mass shooter, a rape, drug cartels, looting, high speed chases, homicides, battery, domestic assaults, etc.?

If you think a field doctor is going to walk up to some "crazy ass people shooting bows & arrows in public" and give them a hug and the world will be right again, then God help us all.

I can give you a lot of examples. Here you go. https://t.co/mI27L2xOOJ?amp=1 

27 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I

The Santa Monica businesses do not need your tears. If you've ever been there, you'd know.

Horseshit. And I live there, I do know that everything you just typed is not only dangerous, it’s mouth-breather level stupid. Gyfoh

• Like (+1) 4

Defund the police? Fantastic idea! If we get rid of the police we eliminate crime, right? Problem solved! Next we defund the military and eliminate war. (Of course most people call all of this “surrender”, but let’s not get hung up in semantics.)

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Horseshit. And I live there, I do know that everything you just typed is not only dangerous, it’s mouth-breather level stupid. Gyfoh

Ohhh boo hoo the store windows. Hey aren't you the board's resident Q-anon conspiracy theorist? Are you guy the one with several threads sucking off Devin Nunes? How's that working out for ya?

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Defund the police? Fantastic idea! If we get rid of the police we eliminate crime, right? Problem solved! Next we defund the military and eliminate war. (Of course most people call all of this “surrender”, but let’s not get hung up in semantics.)

Next will be to eliminate white people. Wait, isn't that racists?

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Next will be to eliminate white people. Wait, isn't that racists?

Don’t get them started. We’ve developed a society of total angst-ridden morons. We have a generation of young people desperate for a cause to get behind. They’re having trouble picking one, but they’re looking under every rock to find some purpose. Kids....ya gotta love ‘em!

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

It tells you in the second sentence and first quote. It's intentional. It's a strike against wealthy, complacent, White Americans. It is a wake up call, not just from Black Americans but from everybody who's had enough. 

And let's be real clear.

I can give you a lot of examples. Here you go. https://t.co/mI27L2xOOJ?amp=1 

The 2020 Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington award is all but locked up.  Try again next year folks.

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Don’t get them started. We’ve developed a society of total angst-ridden morons. We have a generation of young people desperate for a cause to get behind. They’re having trouble picking one, but they’re looking under every rock to find some purpose. Kids....ya gotta love ‘em!

Yep. It's all made up by the dang kids! They're fickle employees, but they all fly across the country to get $200 from George Soros to get punched by cops and thrown in jail.

You are so perceptive!!

6 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Yep. It's all made up by the dang kids! They're fickle employees, but they all fly across the country to get $200 from George Soros to get punched by cops and thrown in jail.

You are so perceptive!!

Soros? No...they’re using the money I just them so they WOULDN’T go to work. Soros didn’t need to spend a dime. 

38 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

...why not?..it's budgetary brilliance......let anarchy and lawlessness prevail.....let the Feds deploy the National Guard daily...it's on their nickel...if the states deploy, THEY pay.....

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...he's on a roll today, isn't he?......and of course with ALL of the answers.....SMH.......

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Keep this ***** up Garcetti and they’ll defund themselves. 

https://abc7.com/amp/mayor-eric-garcetti-lapd-george-floyd-police-misconduct/6234091/

...he is as effective as his old man was......but the name sold the voters I presume.......hasn't Moonbeam Brown held 37 different political positions in Cali?.....recycling for Mother Earth....

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Calling to defund the police is just an easy way to deflect from the real problems.  It's always easier to demand others change.

....so is throwing money at the problem has always been THE solution.......political capital to be had REGARDLESS OF PARTY......the "535" revel in their billions of funding.....waste, fraud and abuse?.....who cares?.....print more....Big Fredo and NYS dole out $62+ BILLION in public assistance annually, second only to California....and the societal (not financial) benefit has been what?......