Defund the Police?

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

It would be like the wild west all over again. Is that progress?

Yes. That is what they mean by being progressive. After all the taxes collected under penalty of imprisonment and confiscation of property if you refuse to pay, right when you need them the most, they say they are closing law enforcement services. They let the criminals out of jail the next day without bail to terrorize you again. As a rural guy in a town with no police department, I do enjoy the irony of this fraud. Personal protection from a criminal is a lot cheaper than what everyone has been lead to believe apparently. You just have to do it yourself. Not willing to do it yourself, then be prepared to pay more money than you can possibly afford. Oh, that's right, you never could afford it based on the deficits and pensions that are astronomical and unfunded liabilities. Apparently the liberal mayors agree with this as that is likely the new default setting.

You guys have no idea how much I want the Police abolished! I will sit back and giggle all the while loading up.

Please God happen!

I am young enough to more than handle myself. I may die but so be it to rid this country of Liberal scum.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

....a "good apple" story.......they do exist..........

Houston cop seen comforting 5-year-old girl at George Floyd protest who asked: 'Are you gonna shoot us?'

An unidentified Houston police officer was caught on tape comforting a small child on Tuesday, during a protest over the death of George Floyd.

Simeon Bartee, the little girl's father who filmed the video, posted the footage to Twitter with a written message.

"During the protest in Houston yesterday one of the police officers noticed my daughter crying," he tweeted on Wednesday. "She asked him 'Are you gonna shoot us' he got down on one knee wrapped his arm around her and responded."

Bartee said his daughter Simone, 5, asked the officer if she and her family could protest and if the officers were going to shoot her.

"We're here to protect you," the officer replied. "We're not here to hurt you at all. OK? You can protest, you can party -- you can do whatever you want. Just don't break nothing."

When Bartee spoke with ABC's Houston affiliate KTRK about the encounter, he thanked the officer for his kindness and for giving him a glimpse of what good law enforcement can look like.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-cop-5-year-old-girl-at-george-floyd-protest

All of the (very few) "good apple" stories always involve... unarmed police. (Also if that's the best defense of "good cops" -- he tells a little girl he won't shoot her? What a hero. GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL!)

Name a time when a cop using excessive firepower DIRECTLY SAVED A LIFE.  Not a justified shooting of a cornered gang, I mean in the moment, a life was in danger, the only way out was using a gun, and a cop arrived in time to do so. Also -- not a cop's life. An innocent bystander. Let's see how many we can find to prove people how GOOD cops REALLY are!

Name an example. I'll give you one - London Bridge 2017. Good example. Unfortunately, not an American one. I won't be holding my breath for many more examples. And that's even before we start doing a tally — how many lives saved directly by cops? How many lives directly ended by cops? Those are numbers they would never ever show you. 

"More training" is useless. Cops are a gang, nationwide, and this is how they're acting KNOWING cameras are on them. The whole thing needs to be trashed and new civil services need to rise up in its place.

Texas Chainsaw Racist Man doesn't need cops kicking the ***** out of him and suspending habeaus corpus (as NYPD is currently doing for protestors in NYC), he needs genuine mental help. 

This stuff actually isn't "hard" to solve, it's just that stupid people who are unable to grasp reality and instead insist on childhood fictions make it hard to solve. See also — the countless racist white morons that populate this board. I'm guessing it's called PPP only because KKK would've been too on the nose?

8 hours ago, Beast said:

You guys have no idea how much I want the Police abolished! I will sit back and giggle all the while loading up.

Please God happen!

I am young enough to more than handle myself. I may die but so be it to rid this country of Liberal scum.

Seek help. 

Edited by GregPersons

46 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Seek help. 

I support your message. Defund the Police. Handle crap on your own. Do away with jails, prisons, all that.

And also do away with welfare while we are at it. Get rid of all these social programs.

If people want security, hire privately or arm yourself. If people want to give to the poor, then give to the poor of your choice. 

Seriously, let’s start this in the major cities and see how it goes from there.

Edited by Beast

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

I support your message. Defund the Police. Handle crap on your own. Do away with jails, prisons, all that.

And also do away with welfare while we are at it. Get rid of all these social programs.

If people want security, hire privately or arm yourself. If people want to five to the poor, then give to the poor of your choice. 

Seriously, let’s start this in the major cities and see how it goes from there.

What's amazing is you think you know what you're talking about, or making a good point. You don't. This is a "strawman argument" you are fighting. Educate yourself.

Actually I might be misreading you. You're either taking the piss, or you're earnest. You could be a libertarian and believe that all truly. In which case, we at least have some starting point. Defund the police. Do away with jails. 

Social programs are needed. Not modern slavery. People need help. This country has abundant resources. Just swapping the budgets for Education and Police would go a long way.

Edited by GregPersons

3 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

What's amazing is you think you know what you're talking about, or making a good point. You don't. This is a "strawman argument" you are fighting. Educate yourself.

Believe me, I know what I am speaking of. It’s no straw man argument. Start over as a society. Get rid of publically funded police and let communities or individuals hire their own. You don’t want to pay for the privatized security, don’t. And you also don’t get any of their services.

Start right in these cities that are yelling for it. Let it be a social experiment. Maybe it will work out for the best?

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Believe me, I know what I am speaking of. It’s no straw man argument. Start over as a society. Get rid of publically funded police and let communities or individuals hire their own. You don’t want to pay for the privatized security, don’t. And you also don’t get any of their services.

OK I thought you were taking the piss. I can ***** with this. I'd rather have communities police themselves. It should be like volunteer firefighters. 

Unless the national union is dissolved and the US becomes more like the EU (also not necessarily opposed), then you still need national services. And so you still have the National Guard but you need non-violent mediative services. You need people for homeless people to give them what they need; for crazy ass people shooting bows & arrows in public; for domestic disputes — these require trained professionals. Essentially what I"m talking about are field doctors for mental/social issues. 

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Can you be more specific on training or is this the extent of critical thinking that you want to contribute?

They don't need training. They need to listen to the communities they serve. That needs to be their training. 

Please argue against this.

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

They don't need training. They need to listen to the communities they serve. That needs to be their training. 

Please argue against this.

Why should I? I don't live there. That is their business.

32 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

OK I thought you were taking the piss. I can ***** with this. I'd rather have communities police themselves. It should be like volunteer firefighters. 

Unless the national union is dissolved and the US becomes more like the EU (also not necessarily opposed), then you still need national services. And so you still have the National Guard but you need non-violent mediative services. You need people for homeless people to give them what they need; for crazy ass people shooting bows & arrows in public; for domestic disputes — these require trained professionals. Essentially what I"m talking about are field doctors for mental/social issues. 

There you go.  Volunteer police! Or arm yourself and take care you yourself. 

And, again, let everyone have their own tax money and decide where there own money goes to.

Why do I need to give anything to the homeless? If you want to, you give it.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

There you go.  Volunteer police! Or arm yourself and take care you yourself. 

And, again, let everyone have their own tax money and decide where there own money goes to.

I agree with that too. I definitely want a refund on my taxes spent on the ***** I'm seeing all over these videos. That's not where I want my taxes going. They can take my money for roads, schools, hospitals. I don't need civil servants — cops are not soldiers, they are mail carriers cosplaying commando, that needs to be remembered, they are CIVILIANS — using my tax money to play dress up with tanks and shields. To fight protestors? Are you kidding me? 

7 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

I agree with that too. I definitely want a refund on my taxes spent on the ***** I'm seeing all over these videos. That's not where I want my taxes going. They can take my money for roads, schools, hospitals. I don't need civil servants — cops are not soldiers, they are mail carriers cosplaying commando, that needs to be remembered, they are CIVILIANS — using my tax money to play dress up with tanks and shields. To fight protestors? Are you kidding me? 

Right.

Protect yourself. Throw the Criminal law books out the window. Every man for himself. Believe me, I’m ready for this. I’m not sure how long I will last but I’m more than ready for it to begin.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Right.

Protect yourself. Throw the Criminal law books out the window. Every man for himself. Believe me, I’m ready for this. I’m not sure how long I will last but I’m more than ready for it to begin.

It doesn't need to be the Purge. 

I mean this is the same thing the Black Panthers were doing, and were criminalized and their entire mission was completely rewritten by the FBI and J Edgar Hoover and White America making them into "thugs"  --- a lot of current racist ideas like "looters" and stuff comes specifically from COINTELPRO. Do white people know any of this? Of course not, why would they?

The idea is for the community to protect & serve each other, and provide the services necessary. This should be done with local, state, federal help for different functions. This ***** doesn't need to be so oppressive, and violent, and stupid. It is possible to live better than this.

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

It doesn't need to be the Purge. 

I mean this is the same thing the Black Panthers were doing, and were criminalized and their entire mission was completely rewritten by the FBI and J Edgar Hoover and White America making them into "thugs"  --- a lot of current racist ideas like "looters" and stuff comes specifically from COINTELPRO. Do white people know any of this? Of course not, why would they?

The idea is for the community to protect & serve each other, and provide the services necessary. This should be done with local, state, federal help for different functions. This ***** doesn't need to be so oppressive, and violent, and stupid. It is possible to live better than this.

Haha.

You don’t know society very well.

Wait until a volunteer policeman shoots an unarmed person. It will happen about 1000 times more than it does now.....and that is probably a very low estimate.

Looking forward to it!

Just now, Beast said:

Haha.

You don’t know society very well.

Wait until a volunteer policeman shoots an unarmed person. It will happen about 1000 times more than it does now.....and that is probably a very low estimate.

Looking forward to it!

No no no. This is where people are getting confused on this stuff, that absolutely does not need to be how this happens. And the key to it is right there — guns can't be part of this.

There needs to be measures of accountability. Guns on every cop cannot be part of a solution moving forward. We have to learn from our mistakes. Look at the amount of evidence. Guns on cops directly saving people <<<<<<< guns on cops directly killing people. It's not close. 

Our country is still massively immature and disrespectful to the power of guns. They are treated like toys and given out like candy. All guns need to be like sniper rifles with SWAT Teams... Guns need to be part of very specialized, trained taskforces called in for extreme situations. They are not needed for everyday mediations, nor for the types of community services needed from police.

If some ####### with a gun starts going around threatening or shooting people, then you call in your Gun Team. 

If some ####### is going around threatening and hitting people with his bare hands, then that should be something a proper police force should be able to handle without weapons.

• Haha (+1) 1