I hate Summer Part V

plenzmd1

My annual tradition begins again. Stuck inside all day, tried to eat dinner outside at 7:45 and still too damn hot and humid. Inside season has begun! 

If you like summer, you are a freakazoid and prolly like sticks to your eyes too!

Lord, cant wait for late Septemeber already!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love a good sweat! Play some tennis or go for a run, come back and jump in the pool. What I miss is my pool!  I do not miss walking around the mall when it’s 42 degrees and raining outside.....though they will hand you chicken on a toothpick every time you pass in the food court! I may eat more calories than I burn. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I love a good sweat! Play some tennis or go for a run, come back and jump in the pool. What I miss is my pool!  I do not miss walking around the mall when it’s 42 degrees and raining outside.....though they will hand you chicken on a toothpick every time you pass in the food court! I may eat more calories than I burn. 

They keep it at like 82 in the home for you guys no?

59 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

I love how you’d rather be in the upper deck commodes at Rich than outside.......

DC is HOT, though. And swampy. 

still the same thing.

upper deck commodes are an oasis in a desert, summer is port a potty @Hammered a Lot

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

They keep it at like 82 in the home for you guys no?

upper deck commodes are an oasis in a desert, summer is port a potty @Hammered a Lot

We keep it around 78 in the summer. Maybe a little cooler upstairs in the bedroom. It SUCKS to come in from 93 in the summer to 73, which is closer to where our son keeps it. You can break dishes with that hot/cold kind of action! Too dramatic swing for me. 

The good news? The wife occasionally looks for new places, and she’s finally agreed it would be nice to have a pool again. Thinks the son (and future family) would be more likely to visit if we have a pool. I support that thought with all my heart! 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

We keep it around 78 in the summer. Maybe a little cooler upstairs in the bedroom. It SUCKS to come in from 93 in the summer to 73, which is closer to where our son keeps it. You can break dishes with that hot/cold kind of action! Too dramatic swing for me. 

The good news? The wife occasionally looks for new places, and she’s finally agreed it would be nice to have a pool again. Thinks the son (and future family) would be more likely to visit if we have a pool. I support that thought with all my heart! 

tell her i said more likely to visit if she sends you back to the old folks home

23 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

tell her i said more likely to visit if she sends you back to the old folks home

I think you know @Gugny would have reported you for that! 

I am more forgiving, since I know you are only months behind me in age. Feeble mindedness can strike at varying times. May God bless your little heart! 

Hoping for the opener and Nashville again.....strange times! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think you know @Gugny would have reported you for that! 

I am more forgiving, since I know you are only months behind me in age. Feeble mindedness can strike at varying times. May God bless your little heart! 

Hoping for the opener and Nashville again.....strange times! 

opener happening bro

23 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

You could always move back to WNY.  Summer is pretty nice. Of course you would also get the ‘terrific’ winters...

two recurring arguments wife and i had/have

1) private vs public was # 1..but both in college now so thats over

2) Moving to Buffalo...i have always said i will take a Buffalo winter over a Richmond/DC summer...question is would i enjoy them as much being single...not a simple answer LOL

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Summer is officially here in S WV.  I turned on the AC yesterday.

Typing this outside on the deck as the birds are chirping like crazy.

son is on his way to Morgantown for the weekend! 

Call me a freakazoid if you wish, but I love summer.  Not ashamed of it one bit.  I would probably say I prefer spring a little more but this time of year with the longer daylight, windows down in the car, pools, etc.  I love it.  The humidity sucks but that's when you find a pool or the beach to jump into.  Problem solved. 

Even though I graduated 20 years ago, I still associate summer with end of school so I think that's why I love it so much.  And I'm not as big of a Fall person as most others seem to be but, there again, I still associate it with having to go back to school, so that may be why.  Football is probably the one thing I look forward to when it comes to Fall.