I hate Summer Part V

plenzmd1

7 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

98° tomorrow here in Dallas Fort Worth.

104° on Tuesday.

I love being  at the pool but hate going  to bed at night  with the heat index still in the mid 90's. Then there's the electricity/power bill ?

as i said, inside season has begun. Who likes to be cooped up in the house allday? 

I love summer and don’t mind the heat, but when the humidity is choking it’s just unbearable.  We don’t have a pool, but we’re within a 30 minute drive of about 20 places to go swimming/kayaking.  I guess I prefer spring and fall weather with the more comfortable temps, but I try to take advantage of everything summer has to offer.

I built a huge back deck, and the shade back there is perfect starting at around 4pm.  We typically host lots of BBQ get togethers in the summer time.  I love to entertain friends.

Yeah, summer is cool.

On 6/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

You could always move back to WNY.  Summer is pretty nice. Of course you would also get the ‘terrific’ winters...

No place nicer than WNY in the summer.  This is why we split time now between WNY and Texas.  The summer heat & humidity in Texas is as bad as the winter in WNY.  Only advantage is no shoveling.

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

No place nicer than WNY in the summer.  This is why we split time now between WNY and Texas.  The summer heat & humidity in Texas is as bad as the winter in WNY.  Only advantage is no shoveling.

That was why we had a Florida condo for years. It was great from December through March. Even when it was cold (and it frequently was),  no shoveling. Come April 1st though, the heat would get to me and we'd start packing for home.

• Like (+1) 1

I think i just lost about 8 lbs. mowing the grass. Since I have nothing to do and nowhere to go, I've been using the push mower instead of the rider to get more exercise. It's so humid out today. Needed a break for hydration before weed eating.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

as i said, inside season has begun. Who likes to be cooped up in the house allday? 

We just returned from a nice walk in the park with the dogs. I’m waiting for it to warm up a bit more (it’s only 83 right now) before I go for a little run. It’s nice to get a good sweat in from time to time. 

EDIT: There was a lot more walking than running if the truth be told. I did get a good sweat going, and that was the point. 

Edited by Augie
  • Sad 1

On 6/4/2020 at 7:47 PM, Augie said:

I love a good sweat! Play some tennis or go for a run, come back and jump in the pool. What I miss is my pool!  I do not miss walking around the mall when it’s 42 degrees and raining outside.....though they will hand you chicken on a toothpick every time you pass in the food court! I may eat more calories than I burn. 

I thought that Buffalo got humid in the summer...but Chicago has two seasons, winter straight to a humid and hot summer!

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/5/2020 at 12:04 AM, plenzmd1 said:

two recurring arguments wife and i had/have

1) private vs public was # 1..but both in college now so thats over

2) Moving to Buffalo...i have always said i will take a Buffalo winter over a Richmond/DC summer...question is would i enjoy them as much being single...not a simple answer LOL

I will never understand how anyone could prefer a NY winter (especially WNY) over anything.  Every year, I hate winter more and more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I will never understand how anyone could prefer a NY winter (especially WNY) over anything.  Every year, I hate winter more and more.

Have you ever  spent a summer in the Mid Atlantic. Dude it is brutal. Took dogs foir a run at 8:30..poor pups can only go bout two miles now, even at that time. Usually go a scooch over 4 with them. 

Been inside since 10 AM,..and its only 89..but dark skies tells me it feels like 98....good times for the next 3 months!

49 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I thought that Buffalo got humid in the summer...but Chicago has two seasons, winter straight to a humid and hot summer!

I’m in Atlanta now, but I loved the Buffalo summers growing up.

We had pools at our houses in Florida, and I loved it! It’s pretty much standard equipment there, regardless of price range. 

On 6/4/2020 at 8:23 PM, plenzmd1 said:

My annual tradition begins again. Stuck inside all day, tried to eat dinner outside at 7:45 and still too damn hot and humid. Inside season has begun! 

If you like summer, you are a freakazoid and prolly like sticks to your eyes too!

Lord, cant wait for late Septemeber already!

Troll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Have you ever  spent a summer in the Mid Atlantic. Dude it is brutal. Took dogs foir a run at 8:30..poor pups can only go bout two miles now, even at that time. Usually go a scooch over 4 with them. 

Been inside since 10 AM,..and its only 89..but dark skies tells me it feels like 98....good times for the next 3 months!

I was stationed in Norfolk for three years.  I get that the heat can be oppressive .. but I'm just one of those guys who'd take hot over cold 100% of the time without hesistation.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

the guy who put in our driveway was thrilled with his life. He got to work outside for three seasons, and take off during the winter when he skied, snow mobiled, snow boarded, etc. Some people just love wintertime and winter sports.  ?‍♂️