Prescott for Allen

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah and Josh has had those elite Jets and Dolphins teams to deal with...

Put your money where your mouth is! I bet you $1M in BTC that Josh Allen will have a better ERA than Dak Prescott!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Thank you.

Hopkins was good with bad QB’s. How does that prove anything about Watson?

Watson has played two full seasons in the NFL and he’s getting dinged for not getting past the divisional round? Why don’t you call him a choker? What active QB’s get credit for their postseason record right now? Brady, Mahomes, Goff and Foles? Actually let me rephrase that. What active QB’s would you take over Watson to start in the postseason next year, all things being equal?

Thanks to being helped? Are you arguing Deshaun Watson didn’t REALLY beat us in the playoffs last year? First full season, WC round exit, second full season, divisional round exit? Sounds like progress to me.

Yes, thanks to being helped.  By the men in black shirts.

We'll see how Watson fares this season.  But I had to bet, it would be that Watson will struggle without DHop instead of vice versa.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, thanks to being helped.  By the men in black shirts.

We'll see how Watson fares this season.  But I had to bet, it would be that Watson will struggle without DHop instead of vice versa.

I mean there's no doubt the Texans are worse off without Hopkins at WR. But that doesn't mean Watson was made by him.  Every QB in NFL history would benefit from a great WR. Brady was better with Randy Moss and Gronk than bums.

I am curious though, you were holding Watson's playoff performances against him.  I would LOVE to hear what QBs you'd rank above Watson going into the postseason.  Please, do tell.

Especially when you said he needed better receivers.  Except they scored the most points in the postseason against the Super Bowl winning Chiefs. I would argue that perhaps their defense allowing 51 points when they had a 21-0 lead had more than a little to do with the loss. I'm not sure Jerry Rice prevents that.

Edited by FireChans

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Put your money where your mouth is! I bet you $1M in BTC that Josh Allen will have a better ERA than Dak Prescott!!!!!!

Kirby won't be able to take the bet. He lost all of his money after he invested in Bitcoins when the North Koreans hacked into his savings account. Last I heard he was playing the sax on a French Corner in Orleans hoping that the long lost tourists would throw a dollar or two in his hat. I warned him. However, he foolishly didn't heed the warning. :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I mean there's no doubt the Texans are worse off without Hopkins at WR. But that doesn't mean Watson was made by him.  Every QB in NFL history would benefit from a great WR. Brady was better with Randy Moss and Gronk than bums.

I am curious though, you were holding Watson's playoff performances against him.  I would LOVE to hear what QBs you'd rank above Watson going into the postseason.  Please, do tell.

Especially when you said he needed better receivers.  Except they scored the most points in the postseason against the Super Bowl winning Chiefs. I would argue that perhaps their defense allowing 51 points when they had a 21-0 lead had more than a little to do with the loss. I'm not sure Jerry Rice prevents that.

No it doesn't necessarily mean that Watson was made by DHop, but since you wanted an answer and since Dhop was a stud before Watson arrived, that was the most logical one.  This season will go a long way towards seeing what's what, i.e. Allen finally with a good offense around him and Watson without arguably the best WR in the game. 

4,902 yards, 30Tds, 11ints, 99.7 Qb rating, and is entering his prime. 

And for people who want to bring up the Dallas game, get real.  He put up 355 yards against us, a top 3 defense in the league.  All while completing 65%, for 7.2, and 2tds. 

3 straight years now he has jumped up his game with BIG measurable improvements.  Now that Garrett is gone, he will thrive under McCarthy. 

This is a no brainer to me.   If he plays tagged, and Allen shows little growth this year, you go get him next year and pay him. 

Edited by TwistofFate

1 hour ago, Doc said:

No it doesn't necessarily mean that Watson was made by DHop, but since you wanted an answer and since Dhop was a stud before Watson arrived, that was the most logical one.  This season will go a long way towards seeing what's what, i.e. Allen finally with a good offense around him and Watson without arguably the best WR in the game. 

Except for the fact that is no logic at all. Good WR play does not prove the absence of good QB play.

If you want to argue we'll know after we see how much Watson can do without Hopkins this year, I wouldn't disagree. But you can't logically argue a QB isn't good because he has good teammates.

My guess? Watson's numbers will take a bit of a hit from the offensive downgrade, Allen's numbers improve from the offensive upgrade. And Watson will still be one of the top young QBs in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Except for the fact that is no logic at all. Good WR play does not prove the absence of good QB play.

If you want to argue we'll know after we see how much Watson can do without Hopkins this year, I wouldn't disagree. But you can't logically argue a QB isn't good because he has good teammates.

My guess? Watson's numbers will take a bit of a hit from the offensive downgrade, Allen's numbers improve from the offensive upgrade. And Watson will still be one of the top young QBs in the NFL.

Sorry but there's more logic in thinking DHop, who produced with lesser QBs, made Watson look better than he is.  But we'll get to see this year.

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

A guy who writes articles on fansided states the Bills should trade for Aaron Rodgers as he is a significant upgrade over Josh and would push the Bills to the next level and he says the Bills can throw in a few

draft picks as well...

...FIXED

ARod is the only QB I would trade Josh for to put us over the top. Let's face it, with this Defense and our Receiver talent as it stands we would be considered AFC favorites along with KC. Something to consider next season if Josh doesn't take the next step.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Kirby won't be able to take the bet. He lost all of his money after he invested in Bitcoins when the North Koreans hacked into his savings account. Last I heard he was playing the sax on a French Corner in Orleans hoping that the long lost tourists would throw a dollar or two in his hat. I warned him. However, he foolishly didn't heed the warning. :ph34r:

Wrong!! I lost all of my money on the Arkansas Derby ?