Ed Oliver Arrested DWI

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he looked shaky in the field test video, From tmz but I thought it was odd he was barefoot too. 

Aderall- didn’t Richard Sherman make a career out of that? 

adderall is like speed. clears the head in most cases. Tunes up the senses and reaction time for game day
I cannot see why he would be taking that to ride his 4 wheeler .

Unless he has a diagnosed disorder.

Glad to hear about the low alcohol % if true.

4 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

adderall is like speed. clears the head in most cases. Tunes up the senses and reaction time for game day
I cannot see why he would be taking that to ride his 4 wheeler .

Unless he has a diagnosed disorder.

Glad to hear about the low alcohol % if true.

that’s why I brought up Sherman... positive I saw adderall it was widely used in the nfl to get that mental edge and Sherm was a card carrying member of the club. 

could be that ATV riding can be more fun if you’re amped and can go a little harder.... dunno.

either way I’m not worried. 

shocked he didn’t nail the reverse alphabet in record speed amped up on the study drug. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Sherman back in 2013 said that over half the league was on it and obviously many of them improperly.  In this case, I doubt Ed mentions it if he doesn't have a prescription for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Sherman back in 2013 said that over half the league was on it and obviously many of them improperly.  In this case, I doubt Ed mentions it if he doesn't have a prescription for it.

Not sure whether this was click bait. i will wait and see.

I like Oliver. and want him to do well in Life and as a Buffalo Bill !

Just now, Watkins90 said:

A lot of people in rural communities drive around while they drink a beer. It always amazes me when they do that. 

If you go back a couple decades > it was not considered wrong. 

Beer was just above soda pop and way below hard liquor.

Some folks did not even consider beer "drinking to get drunk"
 Times have changed.

and a Bud Light  geesh

lol

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he fails an nfl drug test 

I think if he had it in his system without being approved by the NFL he can still be punished even if it wasn't an NFL test.

15 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I think if he had it in his system without being approved by the NFL he can still be punished even if it wasn't an NFL test.

Very unsure what the mandates are from the NFL, but I can comment on USADA and WADA. There are substances that are always banned, and substances that are only banned in competition.It’s been a while since I have been tested but I believe adderall is only banned in competition not in daily training/use. Similar to the NFL, you can get a TUE (Therapeutic Use Exemption) to use in competition. So if you’re an Olympian, as long as you test clean at the games you’re good to go. 

The same goes for pot and a bunch of other things. 

40 minutes ago, Doc said:

A prescription is not an NFL exemption.

40 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Not sure whether this was click bait. i will wait and see.

I like Oliver. and want him to do well in Life and as a Buffalo Bill !

If you go back a couple decades > it was not considered wrong. 

Beer was just above soda pop and way below hard liquor.

Some folks did not even consider beer "drinking to get drunk"
 Times have changed.

and a Bud Light  geesh

lol

"One for the road" isn't new and didn't come about by accident.  I know, or at least knew, an older guy who will still pop one open for a local drive.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A prescription is not an NFL exemption.

No but it's better than taking it without one.  As for using it, I doubt there's a restriction against it during the off-season.

Now I get it. And Ed know cops are not your friend. Don’t say *****. Pontificating 

ok so the reason for the statement of “under influence other than alcohol” by the cop likely comes from Ed’s admission of taking Adderall. And for the other reason for saying no drugs where found. 

that would have allowed for easy getting off the warrant for the blood draw. 

however IF my friend is right of the .03 and no other drugs then there goes the DWI charge which in turn loses the gun charge. 

now let’s say my friend is right and the BAC is under the limit. Texas COULD choose to Prosecute a DUI (though that is typically held for Minors). 

when everything is said and done I think this is what will occur. 

Oliver will plead guilty to Wet Reckless (traffic violation), he will pay the max fine on the DWI and Gun as part of the plea. Likely will get hit with some community service as well as part of the plea. (That ends the legal part). 

Now with Wet Reckless you have to say alcohol was involved and admit to that legally as part of the plea. That will trigger the 2 game suspension. The Adderall Admission (unless it was found in his system with the blood test) will maybe add a game. The Gun charge could add a game. 

initial suspension likely will be 4 games (2021) and entry into stage one of the NFL Substance Abuse program. 

Those 4 games likely reduced to the original 2 as part of the first time offender NFL DWI policy. 

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

No but it's better than taking it without one.  As for using it, I doubt there's a restriction against it during the off-season.

There's not a time of the year when they allow un-exempted adderol use.   

Dion Jordan used it in the month of January  and was busted after a positive test.  And he had a TUE---but he let it expire.  

No TUE, Oliver is suspended, but it's not clear he was tested for that after his arrest.

36 minutes ago, cle23 said:

No he can only be punished under the substance abuse policy if NFL catches it with their test. 

They could use the personnel conduct policy for it I guess but IMO would be a hard sell and likely overturned on the Appeal. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

he looked shaky in the field test video, From tmz but I thought it was odd he was barefoot too. 

Aderall- didn’t Richard Sherman make a career out of that? 

not odd to be barefoot. I posted this link earlier on field sobriety tests

https://www.minicklaw.com/attacking-walk-turn-field-sobriety-test/

Footwear – Any person wearing footwear with two-inch (or higher) heels should be given the option to remove footwear before performing these tests. However, performing the tests barefoot could create additional reasons why an individual might have trouble performing the tests to the satisfaction of the officer.

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now I get it. And Ed know cops are not your friend. Don’t say *****. 

ok so the reason for the statement of “under influence other than alcohol” by the cop likely comes from Ed’s admission of taking Adderall. And for the other reason for saying no drugs where found. 

however IF my friend is right of the .03 and no other drugs then there goes the DWI charge which in turn loses the gun charge. 

now let’s say my friend is right and the BAC is under the limit. Texas COULD choose to Prosecute a DUI (though that is typically held for Minors). 

Oliver will plead guilty to Wet Reckless (traffic violation), he will pay the max fine on the DWI and Gun as part of the plea. Likely will get hit with some community service as well as part of the plea. (That ends the legal part). 

Now with Wet Reckless you have to say alcohol was involved and admit to that legally as part of the plea. That will trigger the 2 game suspension. The Adderall Admission (unless it was found in his system with the blood test) will maybe add a game. The Gun charge could add a game. 

initial suspension likely will be 4 games (2021) and entry into stage one of the NFL Substance Abuse program. 

Those 4 games likely reduced to the original 2 as part of the first time offender NFL DWI policy.

If his BAC is under .08, especially .03, why would he plead guilty to anything?  That's not DUI and with no DUI there's no gun charge.  And as I said, if he admitted to being on Adderall, I'm sure he has a prescription, and thus a TUE.  But if there were no other drugs in his system (like Adderall), there's nothing there either.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's not a time of the year when they allow un-exempted adderol use.   

Dion Jordan used it in the month of January  and was busted after a positive test.  And he had a TUE---but he let it expire.  

No TUE, Oliver is suspended, but it's not clear he was tested for that after his arrest.

The article says he took it in December and January leading to 3 failed tests over a 4-week period.  In any case, as I said above, Oliver probably has a TUE.  And we don't know if he was tested for it, much less tested positive.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If his BAC is under .08, especially .03, why would he plead guilty to anything?  That's not DUI and with no DUI there's no gun charge.  And as I said, if he admitted to being on Adderall, I'm sure he has a prescription, and thus a TUE.  But if there were no other drugs in his system (like Adderall), there's nothing there either.

The article says he took it in December and January leading to 3 failed tests over a 4-week period.  In any case, as I said above, Oliver probably has a TUE.  And we don't know if he was tested for it, much less tested positive.

If they still want to charge him with the DUI. Or even if it is over the limit that is how I see it playing out. 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

How is it clickbait he told the deputies that he had drunk a beer at 1P.M. that day (which is essentially irrelevant considering when he was pulled over) and that he was taking Adderall. The article goes on to note that taking Adderall is against the rules in the NFL unless you have an exemption. It also gives more details about the open container being that it was an open can in the driver side door. It doesn't vilify him at all it states facts of the case it doesn't say he's guilty.

Here is the headline:

Court records: Former UH star Ed Oliver admitted to drinking, taking Adderall prior to Houston DWI arrest

Here is the text:

Court documents revealed that Oliver admitted to drinking a beer at about 1 p.m. that day. Oliver also told deputies that he is taking Adderall, although it is unclear if he was under the influence of Adderall at the time of his arrest. 

The headline implies that Oliver admitted to drinking and taking alcohol happened a short time before the arrest. The text , however, says he had beer at 1 pm (at least 8 hrs prior to the arrest) and clearly says it is unclear when he took Adderall.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was apparently going 80mph in a 45 I don't know if when they caught up to him if it was still a construction area.

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now I get it. And Ed know cops are not your friend. Don’t say *****. 

My son was told by the cops and his attorney (and my wife was there to hear much of this) that even if he blew below .08 they would still arrest him for being under the influence, since he did have some alcohol. They also asked if he took any prescription meds, which he did, and they’d arrest him for being under the influence of that. Scare tactics? True? IDK. He had it on cruise control on a hilly, windy road, hit ponding water and hydro-planed into a front yard. Even the tow truck driver watching this with my wife said “there’s nothing wrong with him, this is BS!” 

Don’t get me wrong, he was NOT a saint, but sometimes they just decide how it’s going to go before they know the facts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Roger can do what he wants with the personal conduct policy I suppose, but the substance abuse policy requires a failed test, including  in the offseason. It is two games for adderral if it’s a 1st time fail. Unless he’s in the drug program, he’s only tested once a year on April 20th.