GMFB -- Bills Love. 👀 ​💪 - 2021 season — Is cantaloupe the offensive lineman of the fruit salad?

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Wanna hear something crazy?  They are higher ranked in points scored and points allowed than the Bills.

Yup. That’ll happen playing teams like the jags, jets and freakishly injured Niners as opposed to 4 straight games against teams with a combined record of 17-5. 

Regardless of their points scored or against they’ve played an easier schedule and have a worse record. Anyone saying they are the best team in the East, up to this point, looks completely foolish. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Yup. That’ll happen playing teams like the jags, jets and freakishly injured Niners as opposed to 4 straight games against teams with a combined record of 17-5. 

Regardless of their points scored or against they’ve played an easier schedule and have a worse record. Anyone saying they are the best team in the East, up to this point, looks completely foolish. 

We played the Jets and those bad Dolphins. The Dolphins shut out the Jets. The Jets had their second best game of the year against us offensively.

I agree that the Dolphins aren't better than us, but they are not far behind.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We played the Jets and those bad Dolphins. The Dolphins shut out the Jets. The Jets had their second best game of the year against us offensively.

I agree that the Dolphins aren't better than us, but they are not far behind.

Who said the fins were bad? I just said saying they have been better than us is silly. Especially considering they’ve had an easier schedule than us on paper and are a game behind. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I can't say enough how much I miss the 90's field & endzone + those helmets.

They just bring back all the nostalgia of our most successful period in franchise history. 

I hear this a lot.  In the mid-80s with the same red end zones and red helmets they were 2-14 back to back and 4-12 the year after that.  Nostalgia can go both ways.  

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I can't say enough how much I miss the 90's field & endzone + those helmets.

They just bring back all the nostalgia of our most successful period in franchise history. 

I'm done with Bills nostalgia. I'm over it.

I want the team to be successful NOW, with these jerseys and these end zones and these players. When I want to watch a good Bills team, I'm sick of having to go 30 years back in time to do it. I can only watch the K-Gun Bills so many times before it occurs to me how damned sad it is that I have to be stuck three decades in the past in order to watch some good Bills games.

Let's create some great memories NOW for future generations to pine after. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I hear this a lot.  In the mid-80s with the same red end zones and red helmets they were 2-14 back to back and 4-12 the year after that.  Nostalgia can go both ways.  

It doesn't matter if we went 0-16 every year with those uniforms before or after then, they are still the only uniforms shown during highlights of our best years.

Aside from all that, I just like them better. When I was a 5 year old kid growing up in Virginia, surrounded by Redskins & Cowboys fans, I became the lone Bills fan in the entire massive family because of those uniforms & helmets. Art was my only talent, from a really young age, and I gravitated towards things that appealed to me visually & aesthetically. 

Compared to the ugly Redskins colors, I thought the uniforms & helmet coloring was beautiful. Compared to the Cowboys logo, I thought that charging Buffalo on a red background looked spectacular. 

That got me into football, and I immediately dove in head first. When I was older, I asked my dad why he never tried to make me a Redskins fan. He said he was just happy I enjoyed football & picked up on it so fast, so he wanted to encourage me to go watch whatever team I liked. Luckily the Bills were good back then, so I got to watch some great games.

But if it weren't for that uniform & color scheme, I might've grown up a fan of some other team. 

/rant

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Miami? The team that we beat? The team with the a lesser record?  The team with wins over the jags, jets, and an injury ravaged niners squad? 

The Bills have had a harder schedule up to this point and won more games. No, Miami has not been the best team in the East so far. What a foolish thing to say. 

My bad

On 10/24/2020 at 6:53 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

Also the Bills gave up garbage time TD's to the Jets week 1, Dolphins, Raiders and Titans. I wish think they squandered a lot of potiental points in the Jets game 2. Are the Bills any better or worse because of 4 garbage time TD's? 

I think point differences aren't meaningless but they do need context. The Bills have won 4 games by 2 score margins that only got tightened when TD's were given up with less than 90 seconds left. The losses were bad and against good teams but they weren't tragic in context. 

Overall I think the Bills are trending to 10-11 wins which should be good for the division. The real tests this season are going to be if they can get the defense on track and get Mongo and John Brown going on offense along with continuing to develop Josh.

If the Bills can get a true one tech by the deadline and get healthy I think they have 11 wins or even 12 in them. 

• Like (+1) 2

Here's the fear, on paper, yes, this should be all Bills. BUT, remember the last time the Bills were set up for an easy win? Against the team that had not practiced in 10 days, was missing several starters do to COVID, the team being questioned by everyone in the league. Yeah, the Bills were being picked by everyone to walk all over them. Oh yeah, that was just three weeks ago. . . . NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, take a game or an NFL team for granted.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Here's the fear, on paper, yes, this should be all Bills. BUT, remember the last time the Bills were set up for an easy win? Against the team that had not practiced in 10 days, was missing several starters do to COVID, the team being questioned by everyone in the league. Yeah, the Bills were being picked by everyone to walk all over them. Oh yeah, that was just three weeks ago. . . . NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, take a game or an NFL team for granted.

actually, the last time was against the Jets last Sunday... and even that was a nailbiter.

• Like (+1) 1

What I love about this

@Bills

win is the man of the moment -- the guy to put an end to nearly two decades of Patriots dominance -- Justin Zimmer. Undrafted out of Ferris State, from practice squad to practice squad and to Montreal-- it's Zimmer who makes the play." --

@PSchrags

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This would be pretty cool if you were about 12 years old.  What garbage and ridiculous over reacting.

He was supposed to be a reverend.  Haven't been to too many Baptist churches or revivals I take it...

• Haha (+1) 1