Reminder: Bills-Cowboys 2007 MNF Game on ESPN Tonight 4/27 at 8 PM ET

Rico

28 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was a perfect onside kick but we had 5 midgets up there trying catch the ball.  

28 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was a perfect onside kick but we had 5 midgets up there trying catch the ball.  

It was a blown play by the Bills.  On that play four or five guys are supposed to move forward on the kick and block the coverage guys.  They all did but one. The one had just joined the team and didn't understand his assignment.  He wait on the fifty, and the man he was supposed to have blocked got his hand on the ball.  With just ordinary execution the ball sails right to Royal, who was waiting to catch it.  

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It was a blown play by the Bills.  On that play four or five guys are supposed to move forward on the kick and block the coverage guys.  They all did but one. The one had just joined the team and didn't understand his assignment.  He wait on the fifty, and the man he was supposed to have blocked got his hand on the ball.  With just ordinary execution the ball sails right to Royal, who was waiting to catch it.  

True, but it also looked like guys like Parrish, McGee, and Greer tried to move forward but easily got pushed back.  
I thought I saw Lil Dante lined up there too.  Bunch of sub 200 lb 5’9” guys.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

I re watched some of the 1st half last night.   It was nice to see and remember how passionate the crowd was that night.  Also kinda cool to see the game in HD versus my my tiny Sony tv at the time.   It did bring me back to my early 20s, a more care free time in my life.   More for Off The Wall but reminded me of things I wished I’d done differently 

But yeah wasn’t gonna re watch the 4th quarter! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

True, but it also looked like guys like Parrish, McGee, and Greer tried to move forward but easily got pushed back.  
I thought I saw Lil Dante lined up there too.  Bunch of sub 200 lb 5’9” guys.  

If you watch the replays carefully, only one Cowboy got to the 50 yard line, the guy who touched the ball as it crossed the 50 and forced the ball  downfield.  All the other Cowboys coming to the point of attack were blocked on about the 47.   All of the blockers had moved forward on the kick, as they were supposed to, except one.   He held his ground at the 50, and he was trying to block the Cowboy who touched the ball.   He was out of position.  He was supposed to have moved up to form the wall at the 47, but he was new to special teams and didn't know or didn't execute his assignment.  

The size of the guys was irrelevant.   One blocker missed his assignment.   If he'd done his job, the ball would have crossed the 50 untouched and the receiver, I believe it was Robert Royal, would have had a clean shot at catching the ball against his chest.  

I swore I wouldn’t watch it but ended up watching some of it.  Agree we had some talent - McGee, Greer, Evans, Williams, Peters, Lynch.  Not enough.  The coaching, however.  I’m sure the Bills has worse coaches than Jauron but there weren’t any I hated as much.   Pathetic play-calling at the end of the half.  Turned it off on Edwards interception.  Coaching cost us the game right there.  You have an eight point lead and you’re in the red zone.  Three runs bring the clock below five minutes.  Kick the field goal and go up 11 with less than 5 minutes left (or force Dallas to use time outs).  Odds of winning the game at that point are probably 99 percent.  Just stupid and brutal.

2 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I swore I wouldn’t watch it but ended up watching some of it.  Agree we had some talent - McGee, Greer, Evans, Williams, Peters, Lynch.  Not enough.  The coaching, however.  I’m sure the Bills has worse coaches than Jauron but there weren’t any I hated as much.   Pathetic play-calling at the end of the half.  Turned it off on Edwards interception.  Coaching cost us the game right there.  You have an eight point lead and you’re in the red zone.  Three runs bring the clock below five minutes.  Kick the field goal and go up 11 with less than 5 minutes left (or force Dallas to use time outs).  Odds of winning the game at that point are probably 99 percent.  Just stupid and brutal.

Like, I watched bits and pieces.  I remember the Edwards INT and didn't happen to see it last night, but I remember it exactly as you say.   Raw, inexperienced QB, big game, take the field goal and go home.   Incredibly dumb move to let him throw it in that situation.  

The other coaching killer was that the Bills absolutely invited the Cowboys to throw two quick sideline passes and get into field goal range with two seconds left.   Jauron was so wed to the Tampa 2 it was ridiculous.   Week after week, all game long, standard 4-3 with a seven-man drop that was great at stopping the big play.   All the Bills needed was one tackle in bounds to end the game, but on both receptions there wasn't a defender in sight.   Brutal.  

I watched the whole thing and was also at the game. 4 turnovers that subsequently gave the offense the ball resulted in a total of 3 pts. It really was a crazy game. How could a team get 6 turnovers (2 pick 6s) and a kickoff return TD and NOT win!? ??‍♂️

43 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I watched the whole thing and was also at the game. 4 turnovers that subsequently gave the offense the ball resulted in a total of 3 pts. It really was a crazy game. How could a team get 6 turnovers (2 pick 6s) and a kickoff return TD and NOT win!? ??‍♂️

That was an organization loss.  Team played over their heads fueled by a crazy crowd, but losing organizations find ways to lose those games especially when the lights are brightest.  I don’t blame Peters and Marshawn for wanting out.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That was an organization loss.  Team played over their heads fueled by a crazy crowd, but losing organizations find ways to lose those games especially when the lights are brightest.  I don’t blame Peters and Marshawn for wanting out.  

Yeah, I was disappointed in 2007, but not last night. It was just a reminder of what a laughing-stock they were back then. Thankfully, those days are gone. Not long gone, but gone.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was at that game. Still the loudest game I've ever been to. Louder than playoff games.  It was insane. People never sat down or stopped hooting.

I tell people it was the best football game I've attended.  Unbelievable excitement and energy from the very start.  XXV is there, too.  Both better than 1964 AFL Championship.  

On the other, I also was at Browns - Bills 6-3.  That was the worst.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I tell people it was the best football game I've attended.  Unbelievable excitement and energy from the very start.  XXV is there, too.  Both better than 1964 AFL Championship.  

On the other, I also was at Browns - Bills 6-3.  That was the worst.

Ha!  I remember watching both games vividly.  What a contrast.  We had a few of those w/ the Browns.  Those were like a microcosm of our mediocrity during the drought.

I remember going to another fanbases board during the Dallas game, and they were saying how it sounded like a World Cup soccer game, which was accurate from what I heard on TV.  Just constant cheering & noise.  The fanbase was so pumped just to have a MNF game at home again, and against Dallas no less.

Still remember Jerry J. and Michael Irvin celebrating in the booth afterwards.  Just painful.

I remember exactly where I was for that game - in a Dallas hospital room post surgery for my daughter.  Was supposed to be at the game but then she got ill.  Thankfully her prognosis had improved by that date, and she recovered completely.  The nurses were definitely giving me the business at the end.  The good prognosis helped me from feeling too bummed out.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ... something like Hank Bullough might have said.