Please, Please Please...Never mind

Lurker

4 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Cheaters, LOL,  call them what u want, they are whipping the Bills in this draft - and I say that from an unfortunate stand point.  Calling the patriots cheaters over and over and over again for decades won’t change past results and won’t change the results of today’s draft.  They are doing a better job - Patriots (plus Ravens ) shaped the landscape for this already 12-16 months ago and I wish our GM would be just a proactive.  Until we do better we can expect the same results going into the future.  And calling them cheaters won’t change a thing.  

LOL.  No, they aren't.  I'm glad that Beane tricked them into reaching for Duggar.  And if there's a position besides WR that Belicheat can't draft, it's TEs.  The other guys are rookie to try and replace guys they lost. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

LOL.  No, they aren't.  I'm glad that Beane tricked them into reaching for Duggar.  And if there's a position besides WR that Belicheat can't draft, it's TEs.  The other guys are rookie to try and replace guys they lost. 

Trust me, I hope you’re right.  But past results / this weeks results tell me I’m right.  And even if Belicheck can’t draft TE’s / other positions, the Patriots create room for error by always accumulating picks... by the way, I wouldn’t want to compare the Bills TE draft history with the Patriots ... TE is the most ignored position by the team for the last 20-30 years ...: unfortunate.  And I don’t accept the premise that spending 3rd and 7th picks last year prove we are set - far from it.  

9 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Trust me, I hope you’re right.  But past results / this weeks results tell me I’m right.  And even if Belicheck can’t draft TE’s / other positions, the Patriots create room for error by always accumulating picks... by the way, I wouldn’t want to compare the Bills TE draft history with the Patriots ... TE is the most ignored position by the team for the last 20-30 years ...: unfortunate.  And I don’t accept the premise that spending 3rd and 7th picks last year prove we are set - far from it. 

We're not talking about the Bills and TEs here: we're talking about Belicheat's draft.  They took 2 TE's in a bad TE draft and when Belicheat has a known history of being unable to draft TEs (Goonkowksi notwithstanding).  I never liked Duggar.  And the LB they took is being compared to Kyle Van Noy, who left in FA.

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

We're not talking about the Bills and TEs here: we're talking about Belicheat's draft.  They took 2 TE's in a bad TE draft and when Belicheat has a known history of being unable to draft TEs (Goonkowksi notwithstanding).  I never liked Duggar.  And the LB they took is being compared to Kyle Van Noy, who left in FA.

We’re talking about / comparing Bills draft vs draft of other teams (NOT just the Patriots.  But your overwhelming hate for the Patriots has made that ur focus.  Call them cheaters all you want, they have and continue to outperform our Bills - calling them cheaters doesn’t change that.  And in my initial response here I was comparing draft strategy and draft preparation- and we got hammered when you compare by any reasonable standard 

13 minutes ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

We’re talking about / comparing Bills draft vs draft of other teams (NOT just the Patriots.  But your overwhelming hate for the Patriots has made that ur focus.  Call them cheaters all you want, they have and continue to outperform our Bills - calling them cheaters doesn’t change that.  And in my initial response here I was comparing draft strategy and draft preparation- and we got hammered when you compare by any reasonable standard 

Thanks, I will call them the Cheaters all I want.  Because they cheated from the very beginning.  And sure they did well.  But everything ends.

Mean Beane Okerlund! It's nice having such an organized, focused, strategic front office. For anyone whining about what Beane did or didn't do, I dunno, perhaps you missed the last 20 years full of Tom Donahoe, Marv Levy, Buddy Nix, Doug Whaley, etc. No GM is perfect, obviously, but I can't tell you how friggin' old it gets to see crap like, "Ermagawd! Da Ravens and da Colts and da Patriots are dEsTRoyInG Beane! This is an abomination of a draft! How dare he NOT move around the board and trade up?! Asleep at the wheel! This is a travesty!" Just...ugh, come off it. So far, he's drafted players a round later than their projections. He's getting excellent value and solid players. "But Beane failed cause Billy Bellychunx traded up and took Kyle Dugger! He's playing 86D chess while Beane plays tic tac turds! Cleanse the office, Pegula! Purge me of this GM who hath constructed a playoff roster simply because I believe another GM did a better jorb!" Derp.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

This is a true NFL super star in the most important  capacity to a franchise, talent evaluation and acquisition. This guy has consistently made superior moves in free agency and the draft. He must be kept at all costs. He will bring continual excellence to a franchise that has suffered from poor management for 2decades.

13 hours ago, BillsVet said:

They have to win a playoff game this year to begin talking about extensions and the emotion at the high point of the off-season doesn't matter without that.  

This season is the final exam to determine whether or not their rebuild has been successful.  Teams that jettison big contracts, completely overhaul the roster, draft a young QB top-10, make trades like the one for Diggs and completed 4 drafts should be expected to go deep into the post-season.

The schedule will most assuredly be harder in 2020 than it was (30th hardest) in 2019.    

Agree. The schedule will be much harder.

14 hours ago, Jay free said:

I must say ...Beane does a great job; but he was just average in this draft . No way we shouldn't have come out without Johnathan taylor, Kyle duggar, Jeremy chin, kj hamler....or jk dobbins.....

Indy, New England, Baltimore traded up and all over the board.......one if not both of these teams will be in the afc championship game because of it......when you have control of the division....you got to go for it....and step on your foes throats.....

espinenza and moss will never be hall of famers.......

taylor, duggar, chinn might .....

just my two cents......

Just my two cents...

This isn't a good post.

So he failed for not trading up for a RB with a big fumbling problem?  He failed for not trading up for safeties despite having the best safety duo in the NFL already on our roster, one of which was just extended?  He failed because he didn't trade up for a WR to be at the very best the 4th WR on our depth chart and after he already made a big trade to get Diggs?

And he could have taken Dobbins, but saw too much value in AJ Espensa and still got an exciting RB prospect after.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Jay free said:

I must say ...Beane does a great job; but he was just average in this draft . No way we shouldn't have come out without Johnathan taylor, Kyle duggar, Jeremy chin, kj hamler....or jk dobbins.....

Indy, New England, Baltimore traded up and all over the board.......one if not both of these teams will be in the afc championship game because of it......when you have control of the division....you got to go for it....and step on your foes throats.....

espinenza and moss will never be hall of famers.......

taylor, duggar, chinn might .....

just my two cents......

We didn't get the guys ***I*** wanted!  Waaaaaah!

Trading is just that easy!

Edited by 1ManRaid