RD 3, Pick 86: RB Zach Moss, University of Utah

SDS

6 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

YES and you will thank us later.

Obviously, the Bills FO office felt the same way. 

Fantastic pick.

I said it because we all knew we were going to add a RB at some point, and it was likely to be between Rounds 2-4, but people were losing their minds because we didn't take Dobbins in the 2nd. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

He and his family looked as though they just received the devastating news of the death of a loved one.

Would have fit perfectly with ESPNs coverage. "Zach Moss just got drafted by the Buffalo Bills, and his Gamma just passed away in a tragic Roomba-related accident.  Now this word fron Dr Fauci on the Front Line..."

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I think they might be going for relentless assault followed by play action. ?‍♂️

That said, I really like Moss. Primarily because I’ve watched the kid level DEs in pass pro then float out into the flat. It’s infinitely better that Taylor who looks like he pretended to try blocking at times. Thing with Moss is going to be..... how aggressive can our O line be about wearing down front 7’s? 

Oh I like Moss. I just believe that this backfield is utterly bereft of speed.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Yantha said:

Gotta be honest.  I like the POSITION but not the pick, at all.  Way too high for Moss, and I personally think we could have landed him in a later round.

I'd have gone with WR Devin Duvernay, Texas.  Yes we have Diggs, but our other starters are over 30 and this in my opinion the WR's in round 2 were of better value.  Most of the WR talent are bon afide starting material, where Moss will never be more of a role player/backup.  Brown and Beasley are old and will start to fade, so it's very important to add youth to an aging position..  I see this as a missed opportunity.

? .um.. congrats, I think. You’re not only a geek, you’re a very bad one.

Thanks for playing!??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Shale and bale. LOL, nice typo...

Shall and Bail, as in " I Shall impose my will, as you Bail on the tackle" 

23 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

? .um.. congrats, I think. You’re not only a geek, you’re a very bad one.

Thanks for playing!??

What a post. The dude expressed his opinion with absolutely no animosity toward anyone.

This response is totally uncalled for.

• Like (+1) 5

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

-Vision 

-contact balance 

the end 

Controlled violence - that describes perfectly what I saw watching his highlights.  Or Controlled Violence With Hair On Fire

17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

What a post. The dude expressed his opinion with absolutely no animosity toward anyone.

This response is totally uncalled for.

This, from our resident Dear Abbey. Yeah, YOU’RE the decorum authority..?‍♂️ 

But you're right, a noob coming on and blasting a late 3rd Round pick who will play immediately because adding a 10th WR is a more worthy option, rates a warm, welcoming response. In your world, anyway..

Edited by Chandler#81
Bandit slapping
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For people complaining about a lack of dynamic speed...

Don't we have that with Diggs and Brown? Haven't I been hearing constant churning about how this is the new NFL and we have to be pass first with a complementary run game?

This is exactly the type of pick I want. We have a pair of running backs who make it harder to send out the nickel packages. No more getting stopped up middle on third and short

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

“Home run” ability is so overrated. Even the best backs break off really long runs for TDS what, 2 or 3 times a year? Singletary had 7 carries over 20 yards last year on 151 carries... the top running back taken in last years draft, Josh Jacobs had 8 of 20+, on 242 attempts.

I think Motor n’ Moss are going to be an excellent 1-2 punch.

Couldn't agree more - the whole " His 40 time is slow so he'll get caught from behind" is such a ridiculous argument.  What matters is quickness, vision, balance etc.  The number of times a RB is in an unimpeded straightline race on a football field is so laughably low - almost non-existent.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This, from our resident Dear Abbey. Yeah, YOU’RE the decorum authority..?‍♂️ 

Never said I was...I’m also not a mod. And I’ve NEVER outright insulted someone for simply stating an opinion one time. Now if the same person goes on and on about the same thing in every thread, sure, I’ll needle them.

But this one was way out of line, and I hope if I did something similar that a veteran poster would have the kohones to call me out too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Couldn't agree more - the whole " His 40 time is slow so he'll get caught from behind" is such a ridiculous argument.  What matters is quickness, vision, balance etc.  The number of times a RB is in an unimpeded straightline race on a football field is so laughably low - almost non-existent.

Yep. You don’t need a great 40 time to get 12 yards. Breakaway speed at RB is almost meaningless. 

• Like (+1) 1

When we ranked the RBs that we wanted most this year a week or so ago, Moss was my #1 (based on the idea that I thought we could get him at 86). Needless to say I’m happy with the pick, especially considering a few teams reached on RBs ahead of him. 

This has been a very strong start to the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just woke up, saw this pick, and checked out his highlight video. Wow, the kid is a bowling ball. It's gonna be a fun 1-2 next year with Motor. And as an older fan, I do appreciate Moss' Thurmon-Thomas-style, been-there-before, just-flip-the-damn-ball-to-the-ref whenever he he scores a TD ... 

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 1