Brandon Beane - Please Draft Offensive Playmakers

I want Beane to go into the draft looking for offensive playmakers with the first 3 out of 4 picks and maybe a later pick or 2.

There, I said it and feel better already.

Stefon Diggs was a great start but he is the only playmaker upgrade so far.  In fact he is the only starter change on O from last year.

Getting a backup RB (like many have suggested) and calling it a day is the last thing I want to see.

For all the "we need more on Defense" posters I understand your concerns and want to see many of the upgrades too BUT much of that has been

addressed in FA and let's all acknowledge that the D will continue to be "Way above average" this coming year.

Do we think Diggs is all that is needed for the Bills Offense to get "Way above Average"?

The Bills have Allen, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox and Singletary as starters.  Singletary IMO is not a 65% snap count kind of back.

Knox is still a work in progress and Brown and Beasley are already into their prime age contracts.

If any of these guys are lost for any amount of time who are their replacements?

Yeldon, DiMarco, Kroft, Roberts, Williams, McKenzie, Barkley, Jones and Foster are all FA's next year.  How many of them are needed/wanted for the future?

Lee Smith has 2 years left on his contract.  How many want to see him on the team in 2021?

The other JAG's Croom,  McCloud, Easley, Becker, Webb, Wade, the Professor and Mary Ann are all 50 to 1 long shots.  With exception of Mary Ann!

Let's start rotating out of these above players now with rookies on 4 year cheap contracts and not wait to do it all next year!

With the exception of an Edge Rusher I want Beane to get playmakers to help score as many points as possible and/or establish some decent long term depth.

A consistent Punter wouldn't hurt in the 6th or 7th too.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I want Beane to go into the draft looking for offensive playmakers with the first 3 out of 4 picks and maybe a later pick or 2.

Stefon Diggs was a great start but he is the only playmaker upgrade so far.  In fact he is the only starter change on O from last year.

Getting a backup RB (like many have suggested) and calling it a day is the last thing I want to see.

For all the "we need more on Defense" posters I understand your concerns and want to see many of the upgrades too BUT much of that has been

addressed in FA and let's all acknowledge that the D will continue to be "Way above average" this coming year.

Do we think Diggs is all that is needed for the Bills Offense to get "Way above Average"?

The Bills have Allen, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Knox and Singletary as starters.  Singletary IMO is not a 65% snap count kind of back.

Knox is still a work in progress and Brown and Beasley are already into their prime age contracts.

If any of these guys are lost for any amount of time who are their replacements?

Yeldon, DiMarco, Kroft, Roberts, Williams, McKenzie, Barkley, Jones and Foster are all FA's next year.  How many of them are needed/wanted for the future?

Lee Smith has 2 years left on his contract.  How many want to see him on the team in 2021?

The other JAG's Croom,  McCloud, Easley, Becker, Webb, Wade, the Professor and Mary Ann are all 50 to 1 long shots.  With exception of Mary Ann!

Let's start rotating out of these above players now with rookies on 4 year cheap contracts and not wait to do it all next year!

With the exception of an Edge Rusher I want Beane to get playmakers to help score as many points as possible and/or establish some decent long term depth.

Agreed on pretty much all counts...Plenty of resources have been invested in the defense. It’s time to bring the offense into the top 10. How do we do that? A stud running back and a YAC and/or size WR, in my opinion. If a guy they believe can be a high quality starting RT is on the board at 54, I’m fine with that, too.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

How about 2 WR's, 2 RB's and a Punter in the draft, then sign Clowney for the D?

I think that help both sides of the ball. :)

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, hjnick said:

How about 2 WR's, 2 RB's and a Punter in the draft, then sign Clowney for the D?

I think that help both sides of the ball. :)

I actually wouldn't mind that at all especially if one of the RB's is a RB/FB type back.

I got mixed emotions on Clowney.  Big name and big money.........I'll leave that huge decision with Brandon.

Gotta agree with Colorado, ya just can’t leave scoring points to the defense, last season on D = ?, WR yac guy, kick azs RB, RT, etc etc. 

Daboll’s goal should be 28 points every game average, a TD every quarter and more. Yup, I know that is at the high end of offenses in the league, but that is what we NEED to achieve. Jmo, 

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

Although I think we could use upgrades at G, RT, TE, a big, change-of-pace RB, and a young WR, the old adage that defense wins championships holds true for me. We still need an edge rusher, a backup MLB, an OLB to match with Milano, a backup S and another CB.

The weapons we currently have is plenty to take the next step on offense. 
The offense only goes as far as Allen goes as a legit quarterback. 
Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Wentz, Brees and quite a few other quarterbacks could run very potent offenses with the weapons we currently have and some have done it with much less. If Allen is the real deal and can take the next step into top 10 quarterbacking  we can make it work with what we have. 
We need depth of course but who doesn’t? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

My prediction is that they will try to get younger at DE with one of their Day 2 picks...

I expect them to draft a RB and WR but maybe not both until Day 3..

Like I said in my OP, I'd be fine with a DE that fits with any of the higher picks as long it's surrounded with O players.

If they can't find their DE they may have to wait until next year and hope their 1st can snag a good one.

I know it doesn't help this year but you can't always get what you want.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Like I said in my OP, I'd be fine with a DE that fits with any of the higher picks as long it's surrounded with O players.

If they can't find their DE they may have to wait until next year and hope their 1st can snag a good one.

I know it doesn't help this year but you can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometimes, ya just might find, ya get what ya need... ?

• Haha (+1) 3

I think it’s important to remember that Beane took us from 6-10 to 10-6 in one offseason. He basically rebuilt the entire roster in one offseason. I have very little doubt that he not prepared to handle all that is in front of this team for the next five years. 

Point being: if we’re aware of these things, he is too. ? 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

The weapons we currently have is plenty to take the next step on offense. 
The offense only goes as far as Allen goes as a legit quarterback. 
Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Wentz, Brees and quite a few other quarterbacks could run very potent offenses with the weapons we currently have and some have done it with much less. If Allen is the real deal and can take the next step into top 10 quarterbacking  we can make it work with what we have. 
We need depth of course but who doesn’t? 

With the exception of the 2nd rounder this year most of the other picks will be depth/rotational players.

I just would like to see them on offense this year.

I would like to hear the NFL National Draft Pundits say that "Brandon Beane is surrounding Allen with playmakers"!

I still don't know how good of a QB Allen can evolve into but I do want him to be the best he can be and if a better surrounding cast helps

then I'm all for it.

5 offensive skill players would be too many imo we mite need to draft defense to replace guys in a year or 2

Our defense is certainly very good but it has had lapses in all 3 years of McDermott. Linebacker, corner can still be upgraded as well as Dline

We need a backup RB and a WR to groom. 1 offensive Lineman... Knox is gonna be really good. Diggs , brown , Beasley , Knox  is a damn good starting core

Edited by Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

5 offensive skill players would be too many imo

Our defense is certainly very good but it has had lapses in all 3 years of McDermott. Linebacker, corner can still be upgraded as well as Dline

We need a backup RB and a WR to groom. Knox is gonna be really good. Diggs , brown , Beasley , Knox  is a damn good starting core

This is where I am at

Diggs will command double teams, which will open up things for Brown, Beasley, Knox.

If Knox gets over the dropsies, that's like adding another huge weapon. Get RB, then WR later in the draft. Need to get younger at DE. 

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just reading between the lines of various Beane comments, it actually appears that RB is possibly the only skill position he will consider early in the draft. Other than RB, my reading of the tea leaves indicates #54 is likely to be a Dlineman, Olineman, CB or safety - in other words, all non-playmakers.

That said, it may all be a smoke screen and we might still see Beane go playmaker. Edit - T.E. is still possible, but I dont consider it likely after the Kroft restructure.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I think it’s important to remember that Beane took us from 6-10 to 10-6 in one offseason. He basically rebuilt the entire roster in one offseason. I have very little doubt that he is unprepared to handle all that is in front of this team for the next five years. 

Point being: if we’re aware of these things, he is too. ? 

Yup, and he as is said to often on this board, Beane is playing 3D chess, the guy has feelers out all the time, in places we may not have even thought to consider. I am quite confident in his ability to secure quality additions to the roster. But I still gonna run my mouth about what I want, damn it... ??

Go Bills!!!