Jump to content
BillsPride12

The Last Dance

Recommended Posts

Any 90s NBA fans on here?  The hype for this upcoming 30 for 30 about MJ's Chicago Bulls has been through the charts this past week(and really starting long before then).  I'm pretty stoked to see this one, it is being compared to the series they did on OJ Simpson as far as being one of the best 30 for 30's they've ever made.  Anybody else excited for this?

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2020 at 7:18 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Any 90s NBA fans on here?  The hype for this upcoming 30 for 30 about MJ's Chicago Bulls has been through the charts this past week(and really starting long before then).  I'm pretty stoked to see this one, it is being compared to the series they did on OJ Simpson as far as being one of the best 30 for 30's they've ever made.  Anybody else excited for this?

I grew up a big basketball fan of that era like yourself.  It seemed growing up where I lived everyone was either a Knicks or Bulls fan.  I liked the Knicks & Cavs, so yeah Michael routinely killed both.  I went to a Cavs game last year, and a Sixers game 5 years ago but it sounds like yourself I really don't follow the sport too much since the Bulls broke up so to speak.  If anything I'd say I'm a Cavs fan today.

 

Like the NBA I hardly if ever watch ESPN these days.  But the 30 for 30 series seem to be done well.  I liked the one they did on the Bills.  There was one they did on the Bad Boy teams of the 80's Pistons I liked as well.

 

 

So yeah in conclusion I'm not sure I'd watch the premiere of it (if it hasn't passed) but it's definitely something I'd catch on Youtube this year 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 30 for 30 on Michael Jordan begins on Sunday April 19.

I think it is a multi-episode show.

Michael hitting that shot over Craig Ehlo still 'gets' me. 

"aarrgghh" says the Cavs fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to watch it! Finally some of the background stories will be told. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I can't wait to watch it! Finally some of the background stories will be told. 

Yeah I was excited when it was first announced but also thought it might've just been a puff piece because MJ was always very protective of what he let the public see but after reading some articles about it he said he didn't leave any subject off the table and some of the things that will be discussed include his gambling problems, his father's murder, the fact that he knows the public perception of him is not good etc....once I read about that I got really excited.  This could end up being the best 30 for 30 yet.  So far I think the NBA ones have been better than the ones about NFL teams.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Yeah I was excited when it was first announced but also thought it might've just been a puff piece because MJ was always very protective of what he let the public see but after reading some articles about it he said he didn't leave any subject off the table and some of the things that will be discussed include his gambling problems, his father's murder, the fact that he knows the public perception of him is not good etc....once I read about that I got really excited.  This could end up being the best 30 for 30 yet.  So far I think the NBA ones have been better than the ones about NFL teams.  

 

The fact he went on Good Morning America this past week means he's trying to make himself sound like not the a-hole he may be portrayed as in the documentary. Seeing him at Kobe's memorial really showed that he's not a robot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI - if you have kids who want to watch, ESPN2 is airing a “clean version” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be excited to watch the early years part and see the Pistons beat the crap out of him. :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Think it’s 10 hours long.    Should be pretty awesome 

I think it’s 20 hours long 

 

never mind its 10 episodes In 5 weeks 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of the subject matter,  I've always enjoyed the 30 for 30's. They have always been  done really well and I found myself entertained even if it wasn't something that I was initially interested in. I'm looking forward to this one for sure. What a cast of characters they have lined up. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Regardless of the subject matter,  I've always enjoyed the 30 for 30's. They have always been  done really well and I found myself entertained even if it wasn't something that I was initially interested in. I'm looking forward to this one for sure. What a cast of characters they have lined up. 


This.      I wasn’t a pistons or Christian Laettner fan but both of theirs were excellent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jordan is my favorite athlete ever (and it really isn’t close). The 90’s Bulls and 90’s Bills made me the sports fan that I am. I’ve been looking forward to this forever!!

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jordan is my favorite athlete ever (and it really isn’t close). The 90’s Bulls and 90’s Bills made me the sports fan that I am. I’ve been looking forward to this forever!!

 

Early 90’s and the kids were little. We would put them down and my early bird wife would head to bed. 

 

I would stay up and watch the Bulls, well, actually THE Bull. I would often ignore 9 guys on the floor and watch one guy, every move he made, every step, where his hands were,  with or without the ball, on offense or defense. I can’t say that about any other player in any sport, ever. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just need a brief rant on the awful trend toward over-extending some of these documentaries.  Four hours on Vick was bad enough (I fell asleep during the first part and never bothered to go back), but ten hours on the Bulls?  Really?   Did I miss where they cured cancer and achieved world peace during the offseason?

 

I would have gladly watched if it was the two hours required to tell their story.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I just need a brief rant on the awful trend toward over-extending some of these documentaries.  Four hours on Vick was bad enough (I fell asleep during the first part and never bothered to go back), but ten hours on the Bulls?  Really?   Did I miss where they cured cancer and achieved world peace during the offseason?

 

I would have gladly watched if it was the two hours required to tell their story.

 

We have 600 channels and no sports. And that’s just ESPN!!!

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

We have 600 channels and no sports. And that’s just ESPN!!!

 

I can't wait till the one on the Patriots.  At this rate it'll be a 30-hour-for-30.   :rolleyes:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...