Bill O'Brien; the Man, the Myth, the Moron

13 hours ago, FireChans said:

A turn of events? We haven’t even played the season yet. Imagine how silly you’ll look if the Texans win 11 games again next year and the Bills only win 9 or 10.

I guess knowing the phrase “counting your chickens” makes you a defeatist lol.

Yes, turn of events, we will leave it to your gear set to grind through that. 
nuthin but luv, 

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Take a chance to enjoy the ride we're currently on FC.  There's been too much incompetence over the years and we seemingly finally have it together.  Meanwhile, Houston has consistently under performed when considering the talent on both sides of the ball.

One team over achieves, the other under achieves.  Where would you rather be?

Common man, take a chance.  Call BOB a moron, you'll feel better and you'll be correct.  He's in way over his head.

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

They were "supposed to." What's your point?

Why was such an incompetent team supposed to beat us?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It's not an incompetent team.  It is an incompetent coach and GM who has led his talented team to under achieve.  That you can't admit this and because you didn't understand the point of my post tells me all I need to know bout yerself.  Good day.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

It's not an incompetent team.  It is an incompetent coach and GM who has led his talented team to under achieve.  That you can't admit this and because you didn't understand the point of my post tells me all I need to know bout yerself.  Good day.

So will they beat us next year?

35 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Bro what does them beating us have to do with people saying O'Brien made stupid moves?

Their were rumblings, Arizona would attach a pretty decent draft pick just to move Johnsons contact. Instead, BOB gives them a top 3 WR in the game, and takes on David Johnsons contract. That's beyond stupid, and if you can't see that, just because they beat us, then I dont know what to say.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Bro what does them beating us have to do with people saying O'Brien made stupid moves?

Their were rumblings, Arizona would attach a pretty decent draft pick just to move Johnsons contact. Instead, BOB gives them a top 3 WR in the game, and takes on David Johnsons contract. That's beyond stupid, and if you can't see that, just because they beat us, then I dont know what to say.

You can say the moves are stupid. I don’t disagree. I just disagree with rolling on the floor at the Texans’ misfortune after Deshaun Watson just wiped his ass with our team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You can say the moves are stupid. I don’t disagree. I just disagree with rolling on the floor at the Texans’ misfortune after Deshaun Watson just wiped his ass with our team.

The game went into OT. Wiped ass is what Mahomes did to Houston the following week. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

The Bills blew a 16-0 lead to an “incompetent” coach. What does that make us?

A team that didn’t take advantage of its opportunity. I still don’t know what your point is other than to be an ass. Houston and BOB look like idiots this offseason. 

Let this be another example of why it is insanely stupid to let a head coach also be the GM.  BOB is fine as a head coach (there’s like 3 true difference maker head coaches).  He is awful as a GM.  Him being the GM is going to kill him as the coach.  Rick Smith got a raw deal and built a really nice team that could have been super bowl contenders.

But thanks Bill.  

2 hours ago, eball said:

A team that didn’t take advantage of its opportunity. I still don’t know what your point is other than to be an ass. Houston and BOB look like idiots this offseason. 

Yeah they made some goofy trades. No doubt. Let’s hope if we meet them again in the playoffs, we don’t puke on our shoes and choke again.

I don't think he is an amazing coach by any means, but from a personnel standpoint he appears to be a nightmare.  Poor value in almost all of the trades.  

Rick Smith spent a lot to get Watson - which has turned out to be a really smart move.  Gaine had nothing to work with in 2018 - and in 2019 I thought had a pretty bad draft.  Somehow they decided to just promote Obrien, he made head scratching moves... and they made the move permanent.  I don't give him a good grade on really anything he's done.  

Clowney - 3rd rounder... was there even a negotiation?  You probably get the 3rd round pick if you just let him walk.  They flipped this pick for Gareon Conley.  

Tunsil and stills - 2 firsts and a second??  And the throw-in stills cost 6 million extra.  You could have just rolled that over and given it to hopkins

3rd round pick for Duke Johnson?  Then after miller was hurt they traded a OT drafted in 2018 for Hyde.  

Hopkins for david johnson and a 2nd?  All-pro WR and top 3 in the league at the position.  You got a 2nd round pick and an overpaid 29 year old RB who's last good season was 2016.  

He just seems very like - not level-headed.  He's not planning or building anything.  Hell he traded the 1st and 2nd in 2021 - so they aren't bringing any premier players in next year either.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think his point is, perhaps we should wait to laugh until we've won 4 division titles in 5 years and the Texans actually stop performing.

I know exactly what his point is, and it's a dumb one on a Bills fan forum.  Houston has had an excellent roster and should have played well...which is why it's all the more remarkable BOB is trying to singlehandedly dismantle the team.  They look like a clown show and I don't care how many division titles they've won in a weak-ass division.  They've been crap in the playoffs (yes, I know they beat the Bills) also.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/11/2020 at 12:51 PM, CSBill said:

hahaha, a nomination for "thread title of the year" on TBD.

Absolutely. who doesn't open up a thread that reads like that. I was going to skip it actually.

But the keen wit was permeable at first blush. Enticing title
OP gets major bonus points all around for this   
Love the content as well of the post as well.

Good shtuff

and fun to watch Bill do Bill things.pretty impressive that this happens while the whole organization watches the implosion quietly

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I know exactly what his point is, and it's a dumb one on a Bills fan forum.  Houston has had an excellent roster and should have played well...which is why it's all the more remarkable BOB is trying to singlehandedly dismantle the team.  They look like a clown show and I don't care how many division titles they've won in a weak-ass division.  They've been crap in the playoffs (yes, I know they beat the Bills) also.

Just saying that you might want to see how things play out before crowning winners and losers when it comes to trades.  If my opinion is dumb, at least it’s got plenty of company.

Edited by Billl

1 hour ago, eball said:

I guess enjoy laughing now. I just wish we were the ones laughing on January 5th. 

Oh, and Houston has more playoff wins than the Bills have had since 1995. The Houston Texans were FORMED in 2002.

Edited by FireChans

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I guess enjoy laughing now. I just wish we were the ones laughing on January 5th. 

Oh, and Houston has more playoff wins than the Bills have had since 1995. The Houston Texans were FORMED in 2002.

.....and if the Texans played in the AFCE since they were FORMED they would have 0 Division Titles and maybe a couple of Wildcard appearances.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

.....and if the Texans played in the AFCE since they were FORMED they would have 0 Division Titles and maybe a couple of Wildcard appearances.

Yes, because no AFC East team besides the Pats have won a playoff game since 2002. None of them have ever beaten the Pats in the postseason. Or gone to AFCCG. Or won the division. The Jets and Dolphins have never had any success ever!

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yes, because no AFC East team besides the Pats have won a playoff game since 2002. None of them have ever beaten the Pats in the postseason. Or gone to AFCCG. Or won the division. The Jets and Dolphins have never had any success ever!

All of that is not true but I guess you'll believe it if you want.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

All of that is not true but I guess you'll believe it if you want.

I know. It was sarcasm. Somehow the other teams in our division have managed to have more success than us but I guess it was all the Pats fault.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

You still DON’T GET IT. This is about the off-season this year, and if you poll experts around the country how many are saying Houston is headed in a better direction than Buffalo? I’ll wait for the answer. I’ll also laugh at moronic decisions made by other franchises all I want.