Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

Section whatever, stop being a dumbass about vaccines. If you don't know  a field . shut up about it.  The flu vaccine takes  about 8-9  months to develop after they decide which strains to include.  They have to decide which proteins to express, test to see if they will elicit a sufficient immune response, grow it up in tissue cultures  and then purify it.  Like i said before, real life isn't  Idrean of Jeannie or Bewitched where on can blink or twice a nose and get  it instantaneously.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I had to go back and read his 'walk back'. He didn't walk anything back. He reiterated the exact same sentiment in a different way. 

...beginning to think Section C3 was a  Section 8 discharge.......pretty objective, non-partisan dialogue (COUGH)......perhaps a Tibs relative??........

This thread has me getting more and more convinced that there is a plot by some here that want to bring down PPP by just posting plain old stupidshit in everyone of their posts. Minor players just post stuff they know is way out there and will get a reaction. Other players dominate the thread by not acknowledging that their proclamations have been proven wrong and just go on and on trying to wear down the opposition. It's as if they are Crusading.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

So educate me on the creation of a vaccine.  Why could nothing have been done earlier?  I'm serious.  Let me know. 

And on NYC, as Italy has shown us, population density is an enormous factor in how this is spread.  So of course it's going to be easier to contain in Washington than it would be in NYC.  

Blaming is different from assessing, Doc.  Despite your efforts at deflection, the issue remains Trump, and whether he could have done better.  Apparently you think he could not have improved upon his performance.  I completely disagree.  It seems as if you and I should leave it at that.

There are many resources on the internet to learn about what goes into developing a vaccine.  If you find anywhere that it says you can develop and be ready to distribute one within even 3 months (which would put us at right now, at the peak of the infection), let me know. 

And you are definitely blaming Trump.  That can't even be debated.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

There are many resources on the internet to learn about what goes into developing a vaccine.  If you find anywhere that it says you can develop and be ready to distribute one within even 3 months (which would put us at right now, at the peak of the infection), let me know. 

Who said anything about developing one in three months?  I think the point was pretty clear: the earlier we start, the earlier we finish.  So if it’s going to take 12 to 18 months, better to get a jump on things.

Or we can talk about hoaxes and warm weather.  I prefer the former, proactive approach.  You’re fine with the latter.  And that’s cool.  We just agree to disagree.  

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...beginning to think Section C3 was a  Section 8 discharge.......pretty objective, non-partisan dialogue (COUGH)......perhaps a Tibs relative??........

That’s nice.  Resort to insults.  Great conversation.  Have a nice night. 

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

This thread has me getting more and more convinced that there is a plot by some here that want to bring down PPP by just posting plain old stupidshit in everyone of their posts. Minor players just post stuff they know is way out there and will get a reaction. Other players dominate the thread by not acknowledging that their proclamations have been proven wrong and just go on and on trying to wear down the opposition. It's as if they are Crusading.

You mean like you nutbar cult freaks have been doing for years? You used to be able to gang up on new people and make them leave. Now they just tell you to go ***** your hat and hang around because they know you are full of *****. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Who said anything about developing one in three months?  I think the point was pretty clear: the earlier we start, the earlier we finish.  So if it’s going to take 12 to 18 months, better to get a jump on things.

Or we can talk about hoaxes and warm weather.  I prefer the former, proactive approach.  You’re fine with the latter.  And that’s cool.  We just agree to disagree.  

You honestly think that ANYONE in the science community is delaying developing a vaccine? You have NO CLUE how anything works. 

4 hours ago, Wacka said:

Section whatever, stop being a dumbass about vaccines. If you don't know  a field . shut up about it.  The flu vaccine takes  about 8-9  months to develop after they decide which strains to include.  They have to decide which proteins to express, test to see if they will elicit a sufficient immune response, grow it up in tissue cultures  and then purify it.  Like i said before, reall life isn't  Idrean of Jeannie or Bewitched where on can blink or twice a nose and get  it instantaneously.

Nobody said that.  Try reading a little lore carefully.  If the vax takes 12 to 18 months to develop, test, and produce, and if (as it is in this instance), happens to be mildly important, wouldn’t it be better to start the work sooner that later?  Like making it a priority in early January?  The vax is on ply the key to like, getting the economy open and halting the pandemic.  But it was better to focus on hoaxes and jiggery pockery like warm weather and some unproven drug that may or may not work for some patients.  But you have your opinion and I mine.  Have a nice night.  And skip the name calling until you improve your reading comprehension. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You honestly think that ANYONE in the science community is delaying developing a vaccine? You have NO CLUE how anything works. 

There’s a difference between delaying and prioritizing.  You think the government prioritized the issue before early April?  Why not move some of the Johnson and Johnson money into play in January?  Im here for your response. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

One more thing.  You’re right I’m blaming trump for his role in this mess.  The buck stops with him.  

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If that's what you meant, fine.  Do you know for sure that no one has been working on a vaccine since January?  Meanwhile we know what to do reduce the chance of getting it.

The only proactive approach was to shut down the country immediately after hearing about the first case in Wuhan.  Again as I said, that was never going to happen no matter who was in office, especially not the Dems.  But you don't want to hear that part so we'll just agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

One more thing.  You’re right I’m blaming trump for his role in this mess.  The buck stops with him.  

Fair enough.  So you also blame Obama for the 18,000 H1N1 deaths then, right?

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

If that's what you meant, fine.  Do you know for sure that no one has been working on a vaccine since January?  Meanwhile we know what to do reduce the chance of getting it.

The only proactive approach was to shut down the country immediately after hearing about the first case in Wuhan.  Again as I said, that was never going to happen no matter who was in office, especially not the Dems.  But you don't want to hear that part so we'll just agree to disagree.

Fair enough.  So you also blame Obama for the 18,000 H1N1 deaths then, right?

1.  More whataboutism.  Obama is not the issue.  

2.  I never said that nobody was working on a vax since January.  What I said was that the administration didn’t prioritize it.  Instead the president was focused on hoaxes and warm weather and miracle cures.  That’s not fake news.  That’s what actually happened. And he should be held to account for it.  

3.  The were other proactive approaches.  Like encouraging the use of masks.  And modeling social distancing.  Trump undermined both approaches on a daily basis, and he continues to undermine at least the distancing approach in his pressers. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

1.  More whataboutism.  Obama is not the issue.  

2.  I never said that nobody was working on a vax since January.  What I said was that the administration didn’t prioritize it.  Instead the president was focused on hoaxes and warm weather and miracle cures.  That’s not fake news.  That’s what actually happened. And he should be held to account for it.  

1.  Call it what you want.  Answer the question please.

2.  You also claim he called it a "hoax" despite restricting travel from China before anyone else did and when Fauci has been saying he's been taking this seriously and listening to him from the beginning.

1.  Not.  The. Issue. 

2.  He did call it a hoax.  And assuming he didn’t, the point remains that his attention was focused on a figmentary hoax of some sort when it should have been figured on solving the problem.  One half measure (but still a good measure, to be clear)  - the significant restriction on China travel - does not excuse  the other failures. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

1.  Not.  The. Issue. 

2.  He did call it a hoax.  And assuming he didn’t, the point remains that his attention was focused on a figmentary hoax of some sort when it should have been figured on solving the problem.  One half measure (but still a good measure, to be clear)  - the significant restriction on China travel - does not excuse  the other failures. 

When you stop refusing to admit that Obama is just as responsible for those 18,000 deaths as you claim Trump is for these deaths, then we can have a somewhat honest conversation.  I won't hold my breath.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

When you stop refusing to admit that Obama is just as responsible for those 18,000 deaths as you claim Trump is for these deaths, then we can have a somewhat honest conversation.  I won't hold my breath.

Yes, Obama is responsible. Apparently Dr.Trump is far worse. 

It’s not a refusal to admit.  It’s a refusal to address a point immaterial to this debate.  If were going to get into Obama, we may as well explore Reagan’s response to AIDS and Woodrow Wilson’s response to the “Spanish” flu. Those points have no bearing on the efficacy of Trump’s response, and the question of Obama’s response to a different pandemic at a different time likewise is of no relevance here. 

Edited by SectionC3

3 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Yes, Obama is responsible. Apparently Dr.Trump is far worse. 

Is he?  And Trump's responsible for de Blasio telling NYC'ers to spread the virus around?  Cool story, bro!

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s not a refusal to admit.  It’s a refusal to address a point immaterial to this debate.  If were going to get into Obama, we may as well explore Reagan’s response to AIDS and Woodrow Wilson’s response to the “Spanish” flu. Those points have no bearing on the efficacy of Trump’s response, and the question of Obama’s response to a different pandemic at a different time likewise is of no relevance here.

Q could do it.  Why not you?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Is he?  And Trump's responsible for de Blasio telling NYC'ers to spread the virus around?  Cool story, bro!

Q could do it.  Why not you?

Dr.Trump is responsible for telling people it was under control and would be down to zero cases soon. Causing people to go about their lives as normal, when things were far from normal. 

Now that ***** idiot is so gung-ho to get things “back to normal,” that he is about to cost many more lives. 

His ballsack is blocking your vision.