Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nope. Never once have I complained to a mod about another poster or asked action to be taken. 

Why would I do that, when I can stomp you much more easily myself and expose your limited intelligence and piss poor reasoning in an attempt to inform and educate others? You're lying. And you know you're lying. 

Because you're terrible at this.

Listen to you man - everyone is lying but you and Trump.

Your ability to support your arguments w fringe sources is commendable. 

Keep up the good work...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wonder if any of these guys were old enough to remember H1N1, which was a picnic compared to this?  Did anyone blame Obama for the 12K-18K deaths?  Did the MSM have the balls to even ask him if he bore any responsibility?

I think you're missing the point.  It's not the fact that people died in H1N1 or in this pandemic that's the issue.  It's the response that's the problem.  I suspect you're old enough to grasp the distinction. 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

The Dems called it a hoax as well.

And since we're moving into playing the semantics game today, I'll accept this as your admission that Trump called the virus a hoax in the first instance. 

I appreciate your comments, and I appreciate the fact that we disagree on things.   

Edited by SectionC3

Someone is so bored.

the only question I have is:

Do you  have a profile open on its own device so you can post and reply back and forth.

or do you have to log into and out of each one with every comment?

seems like a lot of work to still read like the same person talking to itself while attempting to harass other posters.

Edited by Chris farley
Edit
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Doc, with respect, the only bias I have is for the truth. 

Just re-watched the clip, this time on You Tube.  I stand by my characterization.  This is a write-up from Politico, but it's an accurate summary:

“The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,” he said. “They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.”

Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.”

If Trump didn't refer to the virus as a hoax (I think the Politico article should have used the word referred, which might have been better in this instance), then I'm not sure what he was talking about.  I say this kindly: enlighten me.  I suspect you'll try to say that unspecified Democratic efforts to politicize the virus in an unspecified way are the hoax, not the virus itself.  I see that approach as an exercise of gymnastics.  I also see it as contradictory to the tone the president otherwise took w/r/t the issue during that time period, which essentially was to try wish the virus away.  See this link: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-statements-about-the-coronavirus/

so... who do you think he was referring to with, "their", in context of "their new hoax"?

further put into context the other hoax's he was referring to, i think it plainly evident of just what he was saying. anything else is just plain disingenuous or an expression of cognitive dissonance.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I think you're missing the point.  It's not the fact that people died in H1N1 or in this pandemic that's the issue.  It's the response that's the problem.  I suspect you're old enough to grasp the distinction. 

And since we're moving into playing the semantics game today, I'll accept this as your admission that Trump called the virus a hoax in the first instance. 

I appreciate your comments, and I appreciate the fact that we disagree on things.   

Stop focusing on the word "hoax," or any words when it comes to Trump.  He talks to promote himself and get a reaction.  He was the first to respond to it by restricting travel with China.  Hindsight says he should have also restricted travel from everywhere at the same time, but no one was ever going to do that, much less the Dems who consider closing borders racist.  NYC got it's first cases from Europe and have half of the COVID-19 deaths in the country, thanks in large part to de Blasio telling people as late as March to go about their business...and people obviously did. 

The problem with this disease is that you can spread it without even knowing you have it.  And it's much more contagious than H1N1 or the flu.  Problems with PPE stockpiles, FDA regulations and equipment manufacturing didn't help matters but predated Trump's administration.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Doc said:

And then of course, there's the fact that China lied, covered it up and obstructed, and the WHO was complicit.

That's ok the media will run cover and bury it for a couple of years until no one cares anymore.

Just like the mueller BS.

4 minutes ago, Albwan said:

That's ok the media will run cover and bury it for a couple of years until no one cares anymore.

Just like the mueller BS.

Of course.  Can't infuriate that huge market of theirs.

23 minutes ago, Foxx said:

so... who do you think he was referring to with, "their", in context of "their new hoax"?

further put into context the other hoax's he was referring to, i think it plainly evident of just what he was saying. anything else is just plain disingenuous or an expression of cognitive dissonance.

If it's so evident tell me what it is. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

And then of course, there's the fact that China lied, covered it up and obstructed, and the WHO was complicit.

Two wrongs make a right, eh?  Somebody else made a mistake, therefore Trump is absolved of responsibility. 

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Stop focusing on the word "hoax," or any words when it comes to Trump.  He talks to promote himself and get a reaction.  He was the first to respond to it by restricting travel with China.  Hindsight says he should have also restricted travel from everywhere at the same time, but no one was ever going to do that, much less the Dems who consider closing borders racist.  NYC got it's first cases from Europe and have half of the COVID-19 deaths in the country, thanks in large part to de Blasio telling people as late as March to go about their business...and people obviously did. 

The problem with this disease is that you can spread it without even knowing you have it.  And it's much more contagious than H1N1 or the flu.  Problems with PPE stockpiles, FDA regulations and equipment manufacturing didn't help matters but predated Trump's administration.

That's great, Doc.  What the president of the United States says shouldn't be taken at face value because he's a barker. Unless it should be.  I'm just lost by that. 

On deBlasio, I completely agree with you.  He messed up, too.  Badly.  When the time comes to lay blame, he's going to bear a good amount of it.  Just as Trump should and will.  

On the border closing, I agree with you to a point.  I think Trump was late on that, but I suspect others would have been, too.  What gets me about Trump is that he spent his time bloviating and trying to wish the virus away instead of enhancing testing capabilities, working on PPE supply chain issues, and recommending social distancing.  That much is inarguable and inexcusable.  

Edited by SectionC3

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Doc, with respect, the only bias I have is for the truth. 

Just re-watched the clip, this time on You Tube.  I stand by my characterization.  This is a write-up from Politico, but it's an accurate summary:

The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,” he said. “They don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That did not work out too well. They could not do it. They tried the impeachment hoax.”

Then Trump called the coronavirus “their new hoax.”

If Trump didn't refer to the virus as a hoax (I think the Politico article should have used the word referred, which might have been better in this instance), then I'm not sure what he was talking about.  I say this kindly: enlighten me.  I suspect you'll try to say that unspecified Democratic efforts to politicize the virus in an unspecified way are the hoax, not the virus itself.  I see that approach as an exercise of gymnastics.  I also see it as contradictory to the tone the president otherwise took w/r/t the issue during that time period, which essentially was to try wish the virus away.  See this link: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-statements-about-the-coronavirus/

The answer to what he was saying was a hoax is in your own ***** quote.

If you truly interpret that as him talking about the virus itself, and not the Democrat's blatant and obvious smear attempts to link the virus to him, then you're a ***** idiot who has no interest in the actual truth.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That's great, Doc.  What the president of the United States says shouldn't be taken at face value because he's a barker. Unless it should be.  I'm just lost by that. 

On deBlasio, I completely agree with you.  He messed up, too.  Badly.  When the time comes to lay blame, he's going to bear a good amount of it.  Just as Trump should and will.  

On the border closing, I agree with you to a point.  I think Trump was late on that, but others would have been too.  What gets me about Trump is that he spent his time bloviating and trying to wish the virus away instead of enhancing testing capabilities, working on PPE supply chain issues, and recommending social distancing.  That much is inarguable and inexcusable.  

......natural disasters this country has faced is the premise......regardless of party in power albeit presidency, House and/or Senate, look objectively (WITHOUT partisanship) at the bloated Federal bureaucracy response, focusing on hurricanes and tornadoes, perpetrators we can see with ADVANCE WARNING....even WITH advance warning, the Fed response is a slow rollout.......so now add in the "invisible enemy of Covid-19" and your expectations are exactly WHAT?......shall we wait for your personal expertise on the 1918 Flu Pandemic?...can you offer up some constructive NON-partisan dialogue?......doubt it.......

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If it's so evident tell me what it is. ...

yeah, no. your bias is becoming readily apparent.

put two and two together. hint: it doesn't add up to 72.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......natural disasters this country has faced is the premise......regardless of party in power albeit presidency, House and/or Senate, look objectively (WITHOUT partisanship) at the bloated Federal bureaucracy response, focusing on hurricanes and tornadoes, perpetrators we can see with ADVANCE WARNING....even WITH advance warning, the Fed response is a slow rollout.......so now add in the "invisible enemy of Covid-19" and your expectations are exactly WHAT?......shall we wait for your personal expertise on the 1918 Flu Pandemic?...can you offer up some constructive NON-partisan dialogue?......doubt it.......

We had, what, a week to get ready for Katrina.  We had about two months to steel ourselves for COVID.  

I expect a president to treat the threat seriously.  I expect a president to prepare FEMA.  I expect a president to be prepared to invoke the DPA.  I expect a president to use the national emergency stockpile for good, not to have his son-in-law inexplicably claim that it's "ours" to support its withholding from the state.  I expect the president to show leadership; to have enacted social distancing without prodding, and to have modeled social distancing instead of shaking hands at pressers.  And I expect the president to have acknowledged the flaws in our capacity and worked immediately to correct them, such as in the case of testing.  

Bluffing the problem away won't work here.  By your logic, it would have been OK to have wished Katrina to blow back to sea, or to have hoped that another earthquake would have put everything back everything back in its place in Northridge.  That's not good enough here, and it's sad that you and others don't demand more from the leader of what was once and what hopefully still will be the greatest nation on earth once this mess is over. 

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

yeah, no. your bias is becoming readily apparent.

put two and two together. hint: it doesn't add up to 72.

Nice try.  You can't do it.  I know it.  And so do you. 

10 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The answer to what he was saying was a hoax is in your own ***** quote.

If you truly interpret that as him talking about the virus itself, and not the Democrat's blatant and obvious smear attempts to link the virus to him, then you're a ***** idiot who has no interest in the actual truth.

So I'll ask again?  What's the hoax?  If it's not the virus, then tell me what it is.   

Edited by SectionC3

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Two wrongs make a right, eh?  Somebody else made a mistake, therefore Trump is absolved of responsibility. 

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

On the border closing, I agree with you to a point.  I think Trump was late on that, but I suspect others would have been, too.  What gets me about Trump is that he spent his time bloviating and trying to wish the virus away instead of enhancing testing capabilities, working on PPE supply chain issues, and recommending social distancing.  That much is inarguable and inexcusable.  

I asked this before and I didn't address it to you, but I'll ask again.  Does Obama bear responsibility for the 18,000 deaths from H1N1 back in 2009-2010?  Did he ever accept responsibility?  Did anyone in the media have the balls to even ask him if he was responsible?

And again, we're playing hindsight/the blame game here.  All the same issues this administration has faced would have been faced by any other administration.  China wasn't not going to lie/cover-up/obstruct with a Dem admin.  The stockpiles would still have been depleted.  Medical and drug manufacturing would still be in China thanks to Obamacare.  FDA regulations would still be hamstringing things.  And de Blasio would still be telling people to go out and unwittingly spread the disease.  And if I really want to hindsight/blame, I'll say that the Dems would have waited much longer to shut down travel, meaning more cases enter and we are in even worse shape then we are now.

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

... Nice try.  You can't do it.  I know it.  And so do you. ...

your right, i can do it but i'm not going to play your game. i led you to the water, it's up to you to drink.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

I asked this before and I didn't address it to you, but I'll ask again.  Does Obama bear responsibility for the 18,000 deaths from H1N1 back in 2009-2010?  Did he ever accept responsibility?  Did anyone in the media have the balls to even ask him if he was responsible?

And again, we're playing hindsight/the blame game here.  All the same issues this administration has faced would have been faced by any other administration.  China wasn't not going to lie/cover-up/obstruct with a Dem admin.  The stockpiles would still have been depleted.  Medical and drug manufacturing would still be in China thanks to Obamacare.  FDA regulations would still be hamstringing things.  And de Blasio would still be telling people to go out and unwittingly spread the disease.  And if I really want to hindsight/blame, I'll say that the Dems would have waited much longer to shut down travel, meaning more cases enter and we are in even worse shape then we are now.

Honestly, Doc, that's just more whatboutism garbage in the first paragraph.  Could Obama have done a better job w/r/t H1N1?  Maybe.  But that's not the issue right now.  

I think you're missing the point on the "Dem admin." thing, too.  It's not a Republican/Democrat issue.  You're making it that.  It's a Trump/competent president issue.  

I've made my case: Trump has acted incompetently here.  Blaming China for his failure to act in February is absurd.  Perhaps medical and drug manufacturing would still face production issues in a different world, but if we started prioritizing a scientific approach earlier (such as, say, a vaccine) when the genetic sequencing was published, we'd be ahead of the game.  The point about deBlasio is a fair one, just as it's fair to criticize Ron DeSantis and Brian Kemp for their ineptitude.  The last sentence is pure speculation and has nothing to do with the issue whether Trump has performed well here. 

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

your right, i can do it but i'm not going to play your game. i led you to the water, it's up to you to drink.

Only because you can't explain how to drink here. 

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The Congressional Democrats weaponizing it against him, like the Ukraine 'hoax' and the Russia 'hoax'.

So the theory is that the (unspecified) politicization of the virus is the new hoax?  How exactly was the virus "weaponized" by Congressional democrats at the time the President spoke?  I don't see it anywhere in the statement.  So the hoax, under your theory, would be politicizing something that the president took seriously?  I'm lost, I honestly am, particularly in view of the fact that the president, as noted earlier in this thread, obviously didn't take the virus seriously for weeks afterwards.  

Edited by SectionC3

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

The Congressional Democrats weaponizing it against him, like the Ukraine 'hoax' and the Russia 'hoax'.

he knows that, he is being disingenuous.

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

... Only because you can't explain how to drink here. ...

i can, it would be of no use however.