Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

2 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Pretty sure is is the POTUS and the Feds job to identify, prepare for and defend the US from foreign dangers....not the minority party of the US Senate and WH....

The question was can we link a Democrat not taking the virus seriously. I did that. Answered the direct point. 

Keep up

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The question was can we link a Democrat not taking the virus seriously. I did that. Answered the direct point. 

Keep up

Sorry but you're wrong.  I back read.  Doc said "The Dems called it a hoax too," or something very close to that.  I asked for a link or evidence w/r/t to Doc's suggestion that Democrats, like Trump, called the virus a hoax.  

To this point no such evidence has been provided.  And you've instead attempted to shift the conversation to a different issue that only you have have raised, namely, whether a Democrat failed to take the virus seriously.  

Bottom line: the question was not "can we link a Democrat not taking the virus seriously."  You "gaslit" (again, I detest the term, but it's appropriate here) and subtly attempted to change the subject.  

Now that your attempt at distraction and distortion has failed, perhaps you can return to the main issue here: Trump's historically and epically inept response to the pandemic.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The distinction on the "hoax" issue lies in the the difference between "express" and "implied."  Did Trump expressly say, "COVID-19 is a hoax?"  No.  Definitely not.  But did he characterize (or strongly imply) the virus as a hoax?  Based on the video of the rally that I watched and posted earlier, absolutely.  I don't see a semantical gymnastics exercise that permits a different conclusion, but I allowed for a contrary opinion based on the lack of an express statement. 

Interesting.  Lots of words to dig through there, but I do agree that bias plays a factor in perception.  I just thought it would be much more clear based on your presentation, where you said "...when I look at clips of TRUMP'S OWN WORDS".   With the emphasis added, it appeared you were indicating it was a slam dunk, no need for context, the words proved the case.  In fact, I'd argue that most reasonable people who concur that Trump did not say the Covid-19 issue was a hoax, if for no other reason than a person with your point of view concedes he did not.  That leads me to my point, which is---with all the reasons to dislike Trump, to rage at his presidency, etc, why bother including something that requires bias, multiple paragraphs to explain, and phrases like 'semantical gymnastics' to hammer home the point? 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Interesting.  Lots of words to dig through there, but I do agree that bias plays a factor in perception.  I just thought it would be much more clear based on your presentation, where you said "...when I look at clips of TRUMP'S OWN WORDS".   With the emphasis added, it appeared you were indicating it was a slam dunk, no need for context, the words proved the case.  In fact, I'd argue that most reasonable people who concur that Trump did not say the Covid-19 issue was a hoax, if for no other reason than a person with your point of view concedes he did not.  That leads me to my point, which is---with all the reasons to dislike Trump, to rage at his presidency, etc, why bother including something that requires bias, multiple paragraphs to explain, and phrases like 'semantical gymnastics' to hammer home the point? 

2esvc5.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Exactly right. There are so many things with Trump on which one could legitimately base criticism / dislike/ etc.  Why he wants to cling to a point that any reasonable person would conclude is untrue is baffling.

Oh well, that's the hill he's choosing to die on...

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Taiwan, South Korea, and Iceland.  Arguably Germany.  I suppose Singapore, too, but the different system of government there makes for an unfair analogy. 

our death rate is 4.1% of confirmed cases.

i'm not big in the "if" scenario but 'if' we removed the NYC stats from the equation here in the states. our death rate would be slashed by roughly a third. which would bring us down, not quite to Germany's level but pretty close.

outside of the above, being we are the world leader in a great many ways, with a great many factors in that equation, that we should have rates where they are at is not completely out of the question. 

lastly, to lay the blame completely at the presidents feet is just not being truly genuine. the blame for whatever you wish to cast lies across the entire political spectrum of the US.

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe all of that is true.  But she's still not the chief executive.  That's the point.  

With Harry S Truman, the "buck" stopped at the president's desk.  With Donald J. Trump, it's always somebody else's fault when something goes wrong.  And this situation . . . how anyone could say that it hasn't gone horribly, historically, obviously, and tragically wrong is simply beyond my comprehension.  

Again, why are we dancing around this?   If you think Nancy Pelosi had to read the San Francisco Chronicle to be dialed in to the current status of the Wuhan virus, I may have overestimated you.  Good news, I do not think I did. I think the real challenge to acknowledging same is that it forces one to confront what is painfully obvious to many:  like most crisises in life, it's exceptionally complicated, with perhaps millions of moving parts, with conflicting ideologies screaming to be heard, with judgements made in the moment that can be questioned upon reflection, and plenty of blame to go around after the fact.   

President Trump has made mistakes on the handling of the Wuhan Virus, and has made other mistakes as president.  So?  What's the point?  Show me the president who has not, or the future president who will grace us with his or her perfection. 

The exercise of someone suggesting I'm unreasonable in my support of Trump, or that someone holds the moral high ground because they do not, is a waste of time.  The first rule of the game, from your perspective anyway, is typically "Nothing that happened before matters." Or, put another, more strident way "I don't want to talk about Obama...Bush...Clinton" or whatever.  Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Everything matters.  I know what Trump said about the 'hoax', and more importantly, I understand why he said it.  Perhaps if people demanded more accountability from the perpetrators of said hoaxes, we could get to a point where we could have a reasoned discussion on how, and why it all matters.  Until then, we get what we get. Now, normally, the liberal argument would be "I don't want to talk about Harry Truman!", but since you brought him up:

Harry Truman...turns out he was an imperfect  human being despite the nostalgic retrospective of all that Buck Stopping.  I do appreciate you at least time traveling back to 1945 for examples of president's accepting full and transparent accounting of their missteps.  Here are a few examples of complaints/thoughts of Give Em Hell Harry where he may not have practiced social buck stopping:

https://www.businessinsider.com/harry-truman-letter-daughter-trump-2017-2

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-jul-17-na-truman17-story.html

https://millercenter.org/president/truman/impact-and-legacy

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Get back in your room and get your social studies homework done, boy-o.  Chapter 9, Trump elected 45th President is going to be very enlightening.

If @SectionC3 needed any more proof that he is taking an illogical stance, he need only look at the fact that @BillStime agrees with him. That's the intellectual equivalent of the kiss of death....

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Again, why are we dancing around this?   If you think Nancy Pelosi had to read the San Francisco Chronicle to be dialed in to the current status of the Wuhan virus, I may have overestimated you.  Good news, I do not think I did. I think the real challenge to acknowledging same is that it forces one to confront what is painfully obvious to many:  like most crisises in life, it's exceptionally complicated, with perhaps millions of moving parts, with conflicting ideologies screaming to be heard, with judgements made in the moment that can be questioned upon reflection, and plenty of blame to go around after the fact.   

President Trump has made mistakes on the handling of the Wuhan Virus, and has made other mistakes as president.  So?  What's the point?  Show me the president who has not, or the future president who will grace us with his or her perfection. 

The exercise of someone suggesting I'm unreasonable in my support of Trump, or that someone holds the moral high ground because they do not, is a waste of time.  The first rule of the game, from your perspective anyway, is typically "Nothing that happened before matters." Or, put another, more strident way "I don't want to talk about Obama...Bush...Clinton" or whatever.  Nothing happens in a vacuum.  Everything matters.  I know what Trump said about the 'hoax', and more importantly, I understand why he said it.  Perhaps if people demanded more accountability from the perpetrators of said hoaxes, we could get to a point where we could have a reasoned discussion on how, and why it all matters.  Until then, we get what we get. Now, normally, the liberal argument would be "I don't want to talk about Harry Truman!", but since you brought him up:

Harry Truman...turns out he was an imperfect  human being despite the nostalgic retrospective of all that Buck Stopping.  I do appreciate you at least time traveling back to 1945 for examples of president's accepting full and transparent accounting of their missteps.  Here are a few examples of complaints/thoughts of Give Em Hell Harry where he may not have practiced social buck stopping:

https://www.businessinsider.com/harry-truman-letter-daughter-trump-2017-2

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2003-jul-17-na-truman17-story.html

https://millercenter.org/president/truman/impact-and-legacy

I wonder if any of these guys were old enough to remember H1N1, which was a picnic compared to this?  Did anyone blame Obama for the 12K-18K deaths?  Did the MSM have the balls to even ask him if he bore any responsibility?

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

If @SectionC3 needed any more proof that he is taking an illogical stance, he need only look at the fact that @BillStime agrees with him. That's the intellectual equivalent of the kiss of death....

I'm sick to death of "________ be like ______", so I thought the meme was weak.  It also was overloaded with text, showing the author worked too hard to make a point.  Personally, I loved the Bloomberg "I'm on team Joe" in the Joe Biden thread, the beauty lies in the simplicity.   I did laugh at the "Ok Boomer" reply though, my 23 year old daughter drops that on me at the funniest of times. 

• Like (+1) 2

☝️

Doesn't understand what Twitter is for. It's not for talking to the governors, it's for talking to the people. Who controls the governors? 

We do. 

Unless you're a prog-fascist like Billz/sTime. Then you reverse it and claim you know best. 

Prog-fascists can't help but to expose themselves daily, doubly so when they rock REAL small brains to begin with, and most those are now filled with a toxic swill of TDS and projection.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

‪TRUMP: “It’s up to the governors... you’re gonna call your own shots.” ‬

‪ALSO TRUMP: ‬

What a complete lunatic.

This guy is such a disaster. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I wonder if any of these guys were old enough to remember H1N1, which was a picnic compared to this?  Did anyone blame Obama for the 12K-18K deaths?  Did the MSM have the balls to even ask him if he bore any responsibility?

See, that's my point exactly Doc.  To converse with a spastic leftist, when you try to apply context broadly, they shut down, get aggravated and mumble to themselves like Ben Affleck in The Accountant.  Or Joe Biden generally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2