Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

29 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yeah I’m dumb.  That’s it.  Name calling your way out of losing an argument isn’t going to work.  Try watching the video link I posted earlier.  

See, you ignore the facts and go directly to the part where you try to excuse your ignorance. Don't you have even a tiny bit of curiosity why the WHO waited a week to admit human to human transmission after it should have been obvious that it was the case? 

7 hours ago, Gary M said:

Do you ever play Monopoly?

Do you know how you win?

Trump plays the long game, the spending now will generate income in the future.

The trick, and I am not sure how he will do it,  get Pelosi and Schumer to stop spending more than they bring in.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/01/20/how-barack-obama-has-made-20-million-since-arriving-in-washington/#6b128ebd5bf0

LOL

The Republicans held the White House, Senate and House for two years. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I agree with you on the last point.  I'll add on the fake news point that I view the "hoax" comments vastly differently from you.  Sadly, the numbers Trump referenced in the context of characterizing the virus as a hoax now are nearly true - we're probably going to reach 30,000 deaths nationwide over the next few days.  Those interested can judge for themselves: https://factba.se/transcript/donald-trump-speech-kag-rally-north-charleston-south-carolina-february-28-2020

There are already over 34,000 deaths. 

7,000 people have died in the last three days. 

3 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

See, you ignore the facts and go directly to the part where you try to excuse your ignorance. Don't you have even a tiny bit of curiosity why the WHO waited a week to admit human to human transmission after it should have been obvious that it was the case? 

You say "admit," implying (without basis in fact) that the WHO had something to hide.   I say "confirm," based on my view that the scientists at the WHO tried to reach an evidence-based conclusion.  

In any event, that semantical point aside, let's assume that the WHO dropped the ball on identifying human-to-human transmission of the virus in China, and didn't properly recognize that type of spread until 1/21/2020.  At that point we can all acknowledge that there was evidence of human-to-human spread of the virus.  The CDC reached a similar, perhaps more grounded conclusion about 10 days later, and Trump banned travel from China to the US at approximately the same time. 

Still, though, Trump took no other timely, significant measures to protect this country from the virus.  In point of fact, the outbreak in the New York City area probably can be traced to spread from Europe, an area with respect to which Trump took only late protective measures.  

Indeed, the bottom line remains that the WHO indicated that human-to-human spread was possible on or about 1/20.  And weeks later Trump still derided the danger posed by the virus, suggesting that it would "disappear"" in warmer weather and characterizing it as a "hoax."  And it took approximately six weeks before Trump took meaningful domestic measures to combat the virus.  That delay surely contributed to the limited availability of testing with which this country still struggles, in spite of the president's lie that "anyone who wants a test can get one."

Today we know that it hasn't disappeared in warmer areas, and that it's not a hoax.  So, if you're going to blame the WHO for not recognizing the danger of the virus quickly enough, what's your excuse for Trump's inaction even after the likelihood of human-to-human transmission was identified?

Surely you'll deem this fake news, but I'll post the links anyhow.  I welcome a fact-based response.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-response.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-who-funding.html

39 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Fake news.  Not a lot of people know this, mostly because there are so many nasty, terrible reporters in the mainstream media, but we're doing a great job.  The economy's in shambles, and we have near Depression-level unemployment numbers, but that's all the fault of the Democrats because the virus is a hoax or something like that.  Anyhow, things would be a lot worse if Hillary or a Democrat or a RINO or somebody besides Trump was in charge.  How come it's only COVID-19 that became a problem, when there were 18 other COVIDs that could have caused a pandemic?  It's because Trump beat down all of the other COVIDs, and would have done the same with this one if it wasn't for the impeachment hoax, or golfing, or Twitter, that distracted him.   /end sarcasm

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

LOL

The Republicans held the White House, Senate and House for two years. 

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.  Enough of that already.  You forgot to mention the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate who would have denied cloture.  So it's all the fault of Schumer, and China, and maybe the fake news media, like the RINO Wall Street Journal.  /end sarcasm

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Only 1 or 2 million to go to reach your projections....

13 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Actually you asked what the WHO did w/r/t the virus.  I responded that a warning was issued on 1/7, and that the genetic sequence was issued on 1/12.  

Then, among other things, you seized upon the fact that I did not refer to another action taken by the WHO on 1/21 as reflective of your pint that I had somehow “lied.”

Even using your twisted logic, the president should have known, through the WHO, of the issue re: the virus no later than 1/21.  And yet he proceeded to pass the issue off as a hoax and dream it away weeks later.  

Yes, the genetic sequence was issued on 1/12. However, You forgot to mention it was accompanied with the information that China had only experienced 41 cases and that there was no obvious evidence of human-to-human spread yet. 

Yes the President should have known something about the virus on 1/21. Perhaps that is whay he formed the Coronavirus Task Force on 1/20.

You are disingenuous in the way you present your information.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well this was a wasted rant. I was wondering why we got bailout money.  That was my tax refund not bailout money. We don’t qualify. It just hit the same day. And it was my first refund in years so I forgot I was even getting one. I upped my estimateds in 2019. 

??

Damn, that’s funny.  I was doing some math in my head.

jim + Cali + money dude + age = stimulus check?? 

In fact here are some facts that you left wing loons keep trying to ignore but they're the facts just the same. After POTUS Trump in January declared a “humanitarian and security crisis" during a primetime Oval Office address, Sen. Chuck Schumer, speaking beside House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said Trump was working to “manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration." Party leader Tom Perez also called it “manufactured.” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., described it as a "'crisis' that doesn't exist." Sen. Elizabeth Warren tweeted at the time that "we're not falling" for the "fake crisis." Jan 14 - the WHO (World Health Organization) sent out a tweet declaring that there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Jan 24 - Dr. Anthony Fauci National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director said - “ Covid 19 It isn't something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about, because we have ways of preparing and for the screening of it. It's a very, very low risk to the United States, but it's something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously," On January 29, 2020 Joe Biden in a speech in Iowa said that Trump's idea of restricting travel from China was "Xenophobic". January 30, WHO calls corona virus a healthcare emergency. February 2 - New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot, “The risk to New Yorkers for Coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I’m going to be there.” February 4, 2020 POTUS Trump once again alerts the country of the coronavirus in his State of the Union Address. Nancy Pelosi rips up the transcript of his Address. February 24, 2020 Nancy Pelosi says from San Francisco's China Town to come visit, it's safe and "there are no Coronavirus concerns". Then SF became one of the epicenters of the disease. Bill DiBlasio 03/2/20 “ I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives. Get out on the town despite Coronavirus On March 9, 2020 Bernie Sanders said he would NOT, I repeat he said he would NOT shut down travel. March 20, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow (as well as NY Times) bash Trump for talking about Hydroxycloroquine calling it a "fairy tale" and giving people false hope. Now it is being sought after to fight the disease and is being tested as helping patients recover faster. January 24, 2020, Joe Scarborough and wife Minka had a segment where they said "no Americans need to be concerned about COVID-19 and should be more concerned about the common flu. March 30, 2020 Morning Joe anchors say "everyone saw this coming in early January. Everything mentioned here is true and easily verified. The Liberal leaders and media have not been accurate about ANYTHING about COVID-19 and Trump has been way ahead of them. Trump nailed this one and the press does everything to blame him? Don't let the media rewrite facts. Liberals and the media on January 28th were talking about the final vote of the impeachment hearing while Trump was sounding the alarm. They all said he was trying to distract us....well guess what, he was right. Facts Matter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.  Enough of that already.  You forgot to mention the obstructionist Democrats in the Senate who would have denied cloture.  So it's all the fault of Schumer, and China, and maybe the fake news media, like the RINO Wall Street Journal.  /end sarcasm

With Trump it's always someone else's fault. Republicans don't care how many people die. 

So much for being pro life and doing everything possible to preserve human life. That flew out the window when their stock portfolio's took a big hit. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

With Trump it's always someone else's fault. Republicans don't care how many people die. 

So much for being pro life and doing everything possible to preserve human life. That flew out the window when their stock portfolio's took a big hit. 

giphy.gif

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Only 1 or 2 million to go to reach your projections....

Yes, the genetic sequence was issued on 1/12. However, You forgot to mention it was accompanied with the information that China had only experienced 41 cases and that there was no obvious evidence of human-to-human spread yet. 

Yes the President should have known something about the virus on 1/21. Perhaps that is whay he formed the Coronavirus Task Force on 1/20.

You are disingenuous in the way you present your information.

How am I disingenuous?  Please elaborate.  And when you’re done with that, please explain how the president acted properly w/r/t his “hoax,” “warm weather,” and “testing” lies. 

55 minutes ago, pop gun said:

In fact here are some facts that you left wing loons keep trying to ignore but they're the facts just the same. After POTUS Trump in January declared a “humanitarian and security crisis" during a primetime Oval Office address, Sen. Chuck Schumer, speaking beside House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, said Trump was working to “manufacture a crisis, stoke fear and divert attention from the turmoil in his administration." Party leader Tom Perez also called it “manufactured.” Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., described it as a "'crisis' that doesn't exist." Sen. Elizabeth Warren tweeted at the time that "we're not falling" for the "fake crisis." Jan 14 - the WHO (World Health Organization) sent out a tweet declaring that there is no evidence of human-to-human transmission of the COVID-19 virus. Jan 24 - Dr. Anthony Fauci National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Director said - “ Covid 19 It isn't something the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about, because we have ways of preparing and for the screening of it. It's a very, very low risk to the United States, but it's something that we as public health officials need to take very seriously," On January 29, 2020 Joe Biden in a speech in Iowa said that Trump's idea of restricting travel from China was "Xenophobic". January 30, WHO calls corona virus a healthcare emergency. February 2 - New York City Health Commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot, “The risk to New Yorkers for Coronavirus is low and our preparedness as a city is very high. There is no reason not to take the subway, not to take the bus, not to go out to your favorite restaurant, and certainly not to miss the parade next Sunday. I’m going to be there.” February 4, 2020 POTUS Trump once again alerts the country of the coronavirus in his State of the Union Address. Nancy Pelosi rips up the transcript of his Address. February 24, 2020 Nancy Pelosi says from San Francisco's China Town to come visit, it's safe and "there are no Coronavirus concerns". Then SF became one of the epicenters of the disease. Bill DiBlasio 03/2/20 “ I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives. Get out on the town despite Coronavirus On March 9, 2020 Bernie Sanders said he would NOT, I repeat he said he would NOT shut down travel. March 20, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow (as well as NY Times) bash Trump for talking about Hydroxycloroquine calling it a "fairy tale" and giving people false hope. Now it is being sought after to fight the disease and is being tested as helping patients recover faster. January 24, 2020, Joe Scarborough and wife Minka had a segment where they said "no Americans need to be concerned about COVID-19 and should be more concerned about the common flu. March 30, 2020 Morning Joe anchors say "everyone saw this coming in early January. Everything mentioned here is true and easily verified. The Liberal leaders and media have not been accurate about ANYTHING about COVID-19 and Trump has been way ahead of them. Trump nailed this one and the press does everything to blame him? Don't let the media rewrite facts. Liberals and the media on January 28th were talking about the final vote of the impeachment hearing while Trump was sounding the alarm. They all said he was trying to distract us....well guess what, he was right. Facts Matter.

Bottom line: other people made mistakes.  So the grievous errors of the guy in charge are excusable.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

How am I disingenuous?  Please elaborate.  And when you’re done with that, please explain how the president acted properly w/r/t his “hoax,” “warm weather,” and “testing” lies. 

Let's just begin, and end, with your continued claim that Trump called the virus a hoax. It has clearly been disproven. If that is your stance, then you are clearly being intellectually dishonest, and anything you say from that point forward has no credibility - just an agenda.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

Let's just begin, and end, with your continued claim that Trump called the virus a hoax. It has clearly been disproven. If that is your stance, then you are clearly being intellectually dishonest, and anything you say from that point forward has no credibility - just an agenda.

Watch the video.  It hasn’t.  Link of sequential rally clips where the hoax comment was made was posted above.  It’s trumps own words. We just disagree on that point.  So let’s move on to the other ones.  

Edited by SectionC3

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Bottom line: other people made mistakes.  So the grievous errors of the guy in charge are excusable.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

You and every other idiot liberal are too stupid for your own good, it's no wonder you want big government to think for you and protect you!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Dems called it a hoax as well.

Link? Evidence?

6 minutes ago, pop gun said:

You and every other idiot liberal are too stupid for your own good, it's no wonder you want big government to think for you and protect you!

Nice.  Resort to name-calling when you've lost.  Good work.  Have a nice day!

Nice line from this article (https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-nyt-michael-savage-sean-hannity-coronavirus-20200416-yzmfj6ogz5gmnhqi63ojhejmnq-story.html) uttered by Michael Savage's wife:

Savage’s wife, Janet Weiner, said in an interview that she had noticed more compassion in her husband since his heart attack. And she sees him taking on responsibility for waking people up to what parts of American conservatism, especially in the media, have become. “This culty hero worship of the uneducated, it’s very depressing,” she said. “It makes me ashamed to be a conservative,” she added, before stopping herself. “I don’t want to identify with the conservative movement anymore.”

• Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Dems called it a hoax as well.

I didn't see the word "hoax" in there.  (Did a word search using ctrl F).  I'll ask again: any evidence?

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Hard to believe she is taking it seriously, don't you think?

Nice.  Somebody else didn't take it seriously, so Trump's errors are excused.  

The focus here is on Trump and his "epically" (borrowing from the Boston Globe) poor performance with respect to the pandemic.  So let's keep our eyes on the prize.  My point is that Trump's numerous failings have coalesced in this situation and contributed to a presidential performance that has imperiled the economy, health, and way of life of our nation.  Your response is to criticize others in positions of power who perhaps also reacted poorly to the pandemic, but who did not have the same capacity, ability to respond, or authority as did the president.  

So, now that we've got your deflection out of the way, let's turn the attention back to Trump. Instead of defending him by nothing possible flaws of others, let's focus on what he has or has not done with respect to this particular "hoax." 

The floor is yours.  

6 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I didn't see the word "hoax" in there.  (Did a word search using ctrl F).  I'll ask again: any evidence?

Nice.  Somebody else didn't take it seriously, so Trump's errors are excused.  

The focus here is on Trump and his "epically" (borrowing from the Boston Globe) poor performance with respect to the pandemic.  So let's keep our eyes on the prize.  My point is that Trump's numerous failings have coalesced in this situation and contributed to a presidential performance that has imperiled the economy, health, and way of life of our nation.  Your response is to criticize others in positions of power who perhaps also reacted poorly to the pandemic, but who did not have the same capacity, ability to respond, or authority as did the president.  

So, now that we've got your deflection out of the way, let's turn the attention back to Trump. Instead of defending him by nothing possible flaws of others, let's focus on what he has or has not done with respect to this particular "hoax." 

The floor is yours.  

Don't shift the focus here. You asked for a link of a democrat doing what you are accusing Trump of. I did that. 

You have an agenda. Period.

• Like (+1) 3