Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

18 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So I'll ask again?  What's the hoax?  If it's not the virus, then tell me what it is.   

26 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

The answer to what he was saying was a hoax is in your own ***** quote.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. They're politicizing it,

Seriously? Are you intentionally trying to be this obtuse?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Koko78 said:

Seriously? Are you intentionally trying to be this obtuse?

"it's their new hoax" came next.  So was it the virus that was the hoax?  Or some actions of the Democrats? And if it was Democractic actions, why were they a hoax?  Because the virus wasn't to be taken seriously?  That leads us back to . . . the virus is a hoax. 

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

"it's their new hoax" came next.  So was it the virus that was the hoax?  Or some actions of the Democrats? And if it was Democractic actions, why were they a hoax?  Because the virus wasn't to be taken seriously?  That leads us back to . . . the virus is a hoax. 

Now you're just trying too hard.

Just now, SectionC3 said:

Honestly, Doc, that's just more whatboutism garbage in the first paragraph.  Could Obama have done a better job w/r/t H1N1?  Maybe.  But that's not the issue right now.  

I think you're missing the point on the "Dem admin." thing, too.  It's not a Republican/Democrat issue.  You're making it that.  It's a Trump/competent president issue.  

I've made my case: Trump has acted incompetently here.  Blaming China for his failure to act in February is absurd.  Perhaps medical and drug manufacturing would still face production issues in a different world, but if we started prioritizing a scientific approach earlier (such as, say, a vaccine) when the genetic sequencing was published, we'd be ahead of the game.  The point about deBlasio is a fair one, just as it's fair to criticize Ron DeSantis and Brian Kemp for their ineptitude.  The last sentence is pure speculation and has nothing to do with the issue whether Trump has performed well here.

I'll assume you think Obama was a "competent" President.  The US still had 18,000 deaths with a less contagious and deadly disease under his administration.    What you want to call "whataboutism" I call making a comparison.  Never mind that that pandemic depleted the PPE stores that were never properly replaced despite ample time to do so while, again, Obamacare shifted much of our medical manufacturing to China.  And again FDA regulations (which predate Obama admittedly) have been a problem.

And oK, the sequence has been known since February for any country to make a vaccine.  Where is one?  Meanwhile when HCQ looks to have promise in the face of nothing else, most on the left are creating a false dialog about idiots who OD'd on it or took fish tank cleaner with it as reasons why we shouldn't even try this. 

And again half of the deaths have been in NYC.  I place most of the blame there on Cuomo and de Blasio.  California and Washington State had the earliest cases and didn't get ravaged.

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Still waiting. 

well, your wasting your time then because it ain't coming from me.

you have already had it explained to you. yet you're so obtuse or suffer from such an extreme cognitive bias that any explanation from me or anyone for that matter, is simply wasted energy.

Edited by Foxx

Just now, Koko78 said:

What logic? That you're going to great lengths to ignore the context of what he was talking about?

So was it the virus that was the hoax?  Or some actions of the Democrats? And if it was Democractic actions, why were they a hoax?  Because the virus wasn't to be taken seriously?  That leads us back to . . . the virus is a hoax. 

Just now, Foxx said:

well, your wasting your time then because it ain't coming from me.

you have already had it explained to you. yet you're so obtuse or suffer from such an extreme cognitive bias that any explanation from me or anyone for that matter is wasted energy.

You'll respond several times to dodge giving an answer, but won't give what you hint is a simple answer.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

...You'll respond several times to dodge giving an answer, but won't give what you hint is a simple answer.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

yep. feeding a troll with what they can't have is exactly how it should work. besides, i'm bored right now.

23 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

We had, what, a week to get ready for Katrina.  We had about two months to steel ourselves for COVID.  

I expect a president to treat the threat seriously.  I expect a president to prepare FEMA.  I expect a president to be prepared to invoke the DPA.  I expect a president to use the national emergency stockpile for good, not to have his son-in-law inexplicably claim that it's "ours" to support its withholding from the state.  I expect the president to show leadership; to have enacted social distancing without prodding, and to have modeled social distancing instead of shaking hands at pressers.  And I expect the president to have acknowledged the flaws in our capacity and worked immediately to correct them, such as in the case of testing.  

Bluffing the problem away won't work here.  By your logic, it would have been OK to have wished Katrina to blow back to sea, or to have hoped that another earthquake would have put everything back everything back in its place in Northridge.  That's not good enough here, and it's sad that you and others don't demand more from the leader of what was once and what hopefully still will be the greatest nation on earth once this mess is over. 

Nice try.  You can't do it.  I know it.  And so do you. 

So I'll ask again?  What's the hoax?  If it's not the virus, then tell me what it is.   

...hmmm...um....er.....oh....uh....well...ruminating pause.......lemme think.....okay..."...........the expected non-partisan analysis.......SMH.......Biden is looking for a VP......

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Here's snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

"What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

Also, the full quote: "Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So was it the virus that was the hoax?  Or some actions of the Democrats? And if it was Democractic actions, why were they a hoax?  Because the virus wasn't to be taken seriously?  That leads us back to . . . the virus is a hoax.

Yeah, sure. It was the virus that was a hoax. One big joke, that is.

That's clearly what he was talking about, and certainly not the part that's been quoted by me twice now about the Democrats trying to politicize the virus to smear him. You know, like they have been doing for the past 2.5 months.

Again, you're trying to hard to be a dumbass troll.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I'll assume you think Obama was a "competent" President.  The US still had 18,000 deaths with a less contagious and deadly disease under his administration.    What you want to call "whataboutism" I call making a comparison.  Never mind that that pandemic depleted the PPE stores that were never properly replaced despite ample time to do so while, again, Obamacare shifted much of our medical manufacturing to China.  And again FDA regulations (which predate Obama admittedly) have been a problem.

And oK, the sequence has been known since February for any country to make a vaccine.  Where is one?  Meanwhile when HCQ looks to have promise in the face of nothing else, most on the left are creating a false dialog about idiots who OD'd on it or took fish tank cleaner with it as reasons why we shouldn't even try this. 

And again half of the deaths have been in NYC.  I place most of the blame there on Cuomo and de Blasio.  California and Washington State had the earliest cases and didn't get ravaged.

January.  The sequence has been known since January.  And nothing was done about it.  Why?  The earlier we start, the earlier we finish. 

The rest of the post is mostly blame game.  "Any country could make a vaccine."  Sure.  Why didn't the (nationalist) leader of our country get on the hop to get it done here to protect our country? 

HCQ might have promise, but it shouldn't be taken casually as the president has suggested, because the side effects might outweigh the benefits.  

NYC is a different kettle of fish from Seattle, and to a point from Cali.  Could Cuomo have done better? Maybe.  But could the president have done better? Yes.  The issue here isn't Cuomo.  It's Trump.  And it's stunning that you can't admit that he played a huge part in this historic mess. 

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hmmm...um....er.....oh....uh....well...ruminating pause.......lemme think.....okay..."...........the expected non-partisan analysis.......SMH.......Biden is looking for a VP......

Bottom line: you have nothing intelligent to say. 

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, sure. It was the virus that was a hoax. One big joke, that is.

That's clearly what he was talking about, and certainly not the part that's been quoted by me twice now about the Democrats trying to politicize the virus to smear him. You know, like they have been doing for the past 2.5 months.

Again, you're trying to hard to be a dumbass troll.

Tell me again about the politicization efforts at the time the president made that statement.  I'm all ears.