Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Here's snopes.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

"What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

Also, the full quote: "Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

this will go over his head

and below his knees...

5 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

NYC is a different kettle of fish from Seattle, and to a point from Cali.  Could Cuomo have done better? Maybe.  But could the president have done better? Yes.  The issue here isn't Cuomo.  It's Trump.  And it's stunning that you can't admit that he played a huge part in this historic mess. 

So...how long's your ass had a hat?

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Yeah, you can do your own homework.

That's great.  Distills to "I think you're wrong, but I won't tell you how you're wrong!"

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

So...how long's your ass had a hat?

Sorry, Joe.  Not sure what that means.  

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

January.  The sequence has been known since January.  And nothing was done about it.  Why?  The earlier we start, the earlier we finish. 

The rest of the post is mostly blame game.  "Any country could make a vaccine."  Sure.  Why didn't the (nationalist) leader of our country get on the hop to get it done here to protect our country? 

HCQ might have promise, but it shouldn't be taken casually as the president has suggested, because the side effects might outweigh the benefits.  

NYC is a different kettle of fish from Seattle, and to a point from Cali.  Could Cuomo have done better? Maybe.  But could the president have done better? Yes.  The issue here isn't Cuomo.  It's Trump.  And it's stunning that you can't admit that he played a huge part in this historic mess.

The first 2 lines show you have no idea what it takes to create and distribute a vaccine.  I'll leave that right there.

And don't be a hypocrite with the "mostly blame game" stuff.  All you're doing is blaming.

And sorry but you can't claim NYC is a different kettle of fish and give no credit to most of the rest of the country not being nearly the mess that NYC is.  That's a cop-out of the highest order.  Like that's WEO saying Terry only gets credit for McD but not Beane.

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

That's great.  Distills to "I think you're wrong, but I won't tell you how you're wrong!"

No, it distills to: "I think you're a disingenuous troll and I have no interest in doing the minimal work, just for you to dismiss it with some new form of intentionally-obtuse stupidity."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The first 2 lines show you have no idea what it takes to create and distribute a vaccine.  I'll leave that right there.

And don't be a hypocrite with the "mostly blame game" stuff.  All you're doing is blaming.

And sorry but you can't claim NYC is a different kettle of fish and give no credit to most of the rest of the country doing fine.  That's a cop-out of the highest order.  Like that's WEO saying Terry only gets credit for McD but not Beane.

So educate me on the creation of a vaccine.  Why could nothing have been done earlier?  I'm serious.  Let me know. 

And on NYC, as Italy has shown us, population density is an enormous factor in how this is spread.  So of course it's going to be easier to contain in Washington than it would be in NYC.  

Blaming is different from assessing, Doc.  Despite your efforts at deflection, the issue remains Trump, and whether he could have done better.  Apparently you think he could not have improved upon his performance.  I completely disagree.  It seems as if you and I should leave it at that. 

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

No, it distills to: "I think you're a disingenuous troll and I have no interest in doing the minimal work, just for you to dismiss it with some new form of intentionally-obtuse stupidity."

But you'll take the time to explain why you won't do the "minimal" work.  Makes. Perfect. Sense. 

Edited by SectionC3

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Tell me again about the politicization efforts at the time the president made that statement.  I'm all ears.  

At the time (2/28) the big talking points were that Trump was ignoring Fauci, which Fauci himself has refuted, that Trump was withholding resources from states, and that he was creating false hope - because we all know that real leaders incite panic during a crisis.

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At the time (2/28) the big talking points were that Trump was ignoring Fauci, which Fauci himself has refuted, that Trump was withholding resources from states, and that he was creating false hope - because we all know that real leaders incite panic during a crisis.

Link?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

www.youtube.com/user/CNN/videos

Can you link to a specific video or video?  There seem to be dozens of videos there. 

I assume this is the walkback that you're going to get to:

“The ‘hoax’ was used with respect to Democrats and what they were saying,” Trump said. “It was a ‘hoax,’ what they were saying.”

A couple of points there.  If the statement was so clear in the first place, then there would be no need to walk it back.  And, if the walk back was truthful, wouldn't it be easy to identify the "Democrats" and specify "what they were saying" that constitutes a "hoax?"   

Edited by SectionC3

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Can you link to a specific video or video?  There seem to be dozens of videos there. 

“The ‘hoax’ was used with respect to Democrats and what they were saying,” Trump said. “It was a ‘hoax,’ what they were saying.”

A couple of points there.  If the statement was so clear in the first place, then there would be no need to walk it back.  And, if the walk back was truthful, wouldn't it be easy to identify the "Democrats" and specify "what they were saying" that constitutes a "hoax?"   

I literally just scanned the ones from 3-4 weeks ago. And that's just one outlet. I take it you don't trust snopes, since you completely ignored that post?

I'm not walking back anything. I provided you his entire quote from 2/28 along with Snopes' conclusion - "Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I literally just scanned the ones from 3-4 weeks ago. And that's just one outlet. I take it you don't trust snopes, since you completely ignored that post?

classic troll behaviour. he is just going to talk you in circles, bring you down to his level and beat you over the head with stupidity.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm not walking back anything. I provided you his entire quote from 2/28 along with Snopes' conclusion - "Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax."

You didn't walk anything back.  Trump did.  I quoted it. 

Snopes saw confusion in Trump's remarks.  You interpret them as Snopes did.  Politico, among others, similarly saw confusion, but interpreted the remarks in a different way.  I take it you don't trust Politico, since you seemed to have ignored that post.  

It's clear that I'm with the "Poiltico" understanding of what was said.  And my case is strengthened by the points that the president had to walk the statement back, that the walkback was vague at best, and that the president's actions during the same time period were consistent with the view that he saw the virus as a hoax and proceeded accordingly.  

Edited by SectionC3

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Because he says stupid crap on a regular basis that is purposefully misrepresented by the media.  I wish they didn't even cover his stupid rallies.  I wish he'd get the heck off twitter and read the damn cue cards because the juvenile back and forth between him, the media, and the dems is not useful during this crises. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You didn't walk anything back.  Trump did.  I quoted it. 

Snopes saw confusion in Trump's remarks.  You interpret them as Snopes did.  Politico, among others, similarly saw confusion, but interpreted the remarks in a different way.  I take it you don't trust Politico, since you seemed to have ignored that post.  

It's clear that I'm with the "Poiltico" understanding of what was said.  And my case is strengthened by the points that the president had to walk the statement back, that the walkback was vague at best, and that the president's actions during the same time period were consistent with the view that he saw the virus as a hoax and proceeded accordingly.  

I had to go back and read his 'walk back'. He didn't walk anything back. He reiterated the exact same sentiment in a different way. 

• Like (+1) 2