Trump Is Just A Terrible President, Totally Unfit For The Job

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes. In the real world where normal people reside telling someone to Shut The ***** Up is classic anger.  

It was....oh stfu (like with a roll of the eyes.) Disdain, not anger. 

I look forward to you telling me again what I mean. ???

8 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The last few exchanges here are exactly the reason why Chef questioned your abilities. There are very good reasons why you were asked the questions you were asked. If you are to be believed that you are not a reincarnation of another poster then you have recklessly entered the fray here without doing your homework, on par with asking a witness in court a question you don't already have the answer to.  If you want to practice your debating skills here like you indicated then come prepared and don't think it will be like some Whack-A-Mole game. You should have lurked for awhile. 

So these questions that you're talking about . . . which ones are you referring to, and why were they asked?

On balance, though, you're right.  I should have done some homework before recklessly entering a fray dominated by a couple of conspiracy theorists and close-minded right wingers.  Looks like you're as much of a hoaxer as that Deranged Rhino guy.  Unfortunately it looks like I might have to put you in the fake news category, too.  Sad!

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I’m a money manager?  Nice try counselor. If you’re going to succeed in an argument I suggest you find someone else other than Q to get your information from. 

So you are a chef?  If so, cool.  I need some new recipes.  If not, I suggest changing your "name" because you might reasonably be accused of spreading fake news. 

Edited by SectionC3

On 4/20/2020 at 1:12 AM, SectionC3 said:

I see a lot of back and forth about firearms, but no conversation about the benefits of broccoli.  Which, by the way, I am dying for right now in the midst of the pandemic.  

Looking at these past 10 thread pages…I think we all would have been better off debating broccoli.

At least the firearms debate managed to take a couple interesting twists and turns. The “100 home invasion homicides per year” stat pops up a lot and is unfortunately used disingenuously among my fellow lefty friends. It’s a surprisingly small number, but of course it doesn’t account for all the burglaries, assaults, and rapes that were either thwarted or could have been deterred with firearms before police arrive.

My same lefty friends then point to the approximately 400 annual homicides from mass shootings as a reason for heavy gun restriction, if not an all-out repeal of the second amendment. So worrying about 100 national homicides is right-wing paranoia, but worrying about 400 is highly sensible?

My conclusion is that determining rationality seems to be a mostly subjective endeavor when you’re dealing with risk analysis. Is it rational to purchase fire insurance? Earthquake insurance? Volcano insurance? Meteorite insurance? When it comes to protecting your loved ones, sometimes uber rationality doesn’t even need to be a part of the equation. This reminds me of the infamous 2007 home invasion in the safe neighborhood of Cheshire, Connecticut. If the doctor had purchased guns the weekend before for home defense, maybe everyone around him would have looked at him like he was going crazy. But maybe his wife and two daughters would still be alive?

Apologies for the rambling thoughts. By the way, I would rank broccoli as the second healthiest human food on the planet, slightly behind spinach and slightly ahead of garlic. Disagree? Come fight me.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RealKayAdams said:

Looking at these past 10 thread pages…I think we all would have been better off debating broccoli.

At least the firearms debate managed to take a couple interesting twists and turns. The “100 home invasion homicides per year” stat pops up a lot and is unfortunately used disingenuously among my fellow lefty friends. It’s a surprisingly small number, but of course it doesn’t account for all the burglaries, assaults, and rapes that were either thwarted or could have been deterred with firearms before police arrive.

My same lefty friends then point to the approximately 400 annual homicides from mass shootings as a reason for heavy gun restriction, if not an all-out repeal of the second amendment. So worrying about 100 national homicides is right-wing paranoia, but worrying about 400 is highly sensible?

My conclusion is that determining rationality seems to be a mostly subjective endeavor when you’re dealing with risk analysis. Is it rational to purchase fire insurance? Earthquake insurance? Volcano insurance? Meteorite insurance? When it comes to protecting your loved ones, sometimes uber rationality doesn’t even need to be a part of the equation. This reminds me of the infamous 2007 home invasion in the safe neighborhood of Cheshire, Connecticut. If the doctor had purchased guns the weekend before for home defense, maybe everyone around him would have looked at him like he was going crazy. But maybe his wife and two daughters would still be alive?

Apologies for the rambling thoughts. By the way, I would rank broccoli as the second healthiest human food on the planet, slightly behind spinach and slightly ahead of garlic. Disagree? Come fight me.

Sounds like you're advocating a vegetable draft.  I'm in.  

And on the weapons, the key element to your argument is "heavy."  I don't see the expired assault weapons ban as "heavy."  And I believe that worrying about a bunch of dead kids in an elementary school in Sandy Hook, and a bunch of dead concertgoers in Las Vegas, is a highly sensible thing to do.  So your premise that I and others are overreacting to a relatively small problem is colored by your view of what constitutes an overreaction.  

There's another flaw.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, here or in the relevant political arena, has advocated "an all-out repeal of the second amendment."  Respectfully (and again, I dislike the term), that is gaslighting.  In point of fact, nobody is advocating taking away guns that could be used to thwart a home invasion.  Instead, the advocacy involves the removal from the marketplace of guns that could be used to most easily facilitate mass slaughter (back read re: the definition of mass shooting) that previously were stricken from the marketplace through the now-expired federal assault weapons ban. 

14 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

Good points about the stats. They can be manipulated to support any opinion. Personally, I am pro 2A. I am a gun owner and I believe that before we make any new laws, we should focus on enforcing our existing laws. 

Oh, and my kale will take on your spinach any day. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m not a big gun guy...but it seems to me the people that drafted the constitution were fully aware of what firearms were and they specifically included them in the document. Firearms weren’t invented after 1776, and in fact they were way more prevalent back then than they are now. If in 2020 you want to change the Constitution, so be it. There’s a process for that. Work hard to get it done. If you don’t want to take the time or effort to do that then there are plenty of other countries for you to choose to from that have different societal rules that might suit you better. No offense at all intended. We live in the most mobile time in human history...go for it.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Sounds like you're advocating a vegetable draft.  I'm in.  

And on the weapons, the key element to your argument is "heavy."  I don't see the expired assault weapons ban as "heavy."  And I believe that worrying about a bunch of dead kids in an elementary school in Sandy Hook, and a bunch of dead concertgoers in Las Vegas, is a highly sensible thing to do.  So your premise that I and others are overreacting to a relatively small problem is colored by your view of what constitutes an overreaction.  

There's another flaw.  Nobody, and I mean nobody, here or in the relevant political arena, has advocated "an all-out repeal of the second amendment."  Respectfully (and again, I dislike the term), that is gaslighting.  In point of fact, nobody is advocating taking away guns that could be used to thwart a home invasion.  Instead, the advocacy involves the removal from the marketplace of guns that could be used to most easily facilitate mass slaughter (back read re: the definition of mass shooting) that previously were stricken from the marketplace through the now-expired federal assault weapons ban. 

I bet you we could end up agreeing a lot on gun regulation specifics. I do personally know people who want to repeal the second amendment or are at least indifferent to doing so. You are correct that it’s not a very popular political opinion or one that has been represented anywhere in this thread.

But more importantly, here are my top 5 vegetables:

1. Spinach

2. Broccoli

3. Garlic

4. Sweet potatoes

5. Onions

I am willing to trade up to get into that top 5. Brandon Beane style.

8 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

It was....oh stfu (like with a roll of the eyes.) Disdain, not anger. 

I look forward to you telling me again what I mean. ???

Sorry man. Your posts are often childish, immature, vulgar and angry. You relish in the fact that people don’t like you and applaud when someone puts you on or threatens to put you on ignore.  That is a sad existence. But hey if you enjoy going through life that way have at it. But keep in mind there are other people here that try to enjoy the community and you make it difficult. It’s not all about you. 

And the childish response or “well them put me on ignore!!” in 3....2.....1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

For someone who a according to you has it made in the shade you are one angry dude. I used to say money can’t buy you happiness but it can buy you a big ole yacht and you can sail right up next to it. Looks like it got you got a dingy with a leak. 

Well, at least he did it right by the rules of the net.  If you are going to fling bull dung you might as well go big and make yourself an 8 figure millionaire, several thousand sq ft primary residence plus choice vacation property that you beat Buffett and Gates to get.  Beer can mansions and relieving yourself outdoors does not sound anywheres as impressive.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

So you are a chef?  If so, cool.  I need some new recipes.  If not, I suggest changing your "name" because you might reasonably be accused of spreading fake news. 

Really counselor?  That’s the best you have?   Our screen names have to reflect what we do for a living?  I hope you didn’t put a lot of thought into this post. 

Anyway what recipes are you looking for?  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

I bet you we could end up agreeing a lot on gun regulation specifics. I do personally know people who want to repeal the second amendment or are at least indifferent to doing so. You are correct that it’s not a very popular political opinion or one that has been represented anywhere in this thread.

1. Spinach

2. Broccoli

3. Garlic

4. Sweet potatoes

5. Onions

I'll trade ya 50 lbs of sweet corn plus 20 lbs of carrots plus 20 lbs of green beans for 10 lbs of sweet onions and 15 lbs of broccoli?  Is that Beane like enough for you.  By the way what do you have against asparagus?

9 minutes ago, RealKayAdams said:

1. Spinach

2. Broccoli

3. Garlic

4. Sweet potatoes

5. Onions

If I had to pick one NFL exec to run a vegetable draft, it would be Brandon Beane

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I'll trade ya 50 lbs of sweet corn plus 20 lbs of carrots plus 20 lbs of green beans for 10 lbs of sweet onions and 15 lbs of broccoli?  Is that Beane like enough for you.  By the way what do you have against asparagus?

It fell down my draft board because it made my scouts' urine smell.

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If I had to pick one NFL exec to run a vegetable draft, it would be Brandon Beane

He can run my legume draft, but I'm in charge of the vegetable draft.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm sure he's spent a great deal of time scouting PPP. We may not have a lot of vegetables but the ones that we do are all pro level. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry man. Your posts are often childish, immature, vulgar and angry. You relish in the fact that people don’t like you and applaud when someone puts you on or threatens to put you on ignore.  That is a sad existence. But hey if you enjoy going through life that way have at it. But keep in mind there are other people here that try to enjoy the community and you make it difficult. It’s not all about you. 

And the childish response or “well them put me on ignore!!” in 3....2.....1

Thanks for the advice, but I don’t need any! 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Really counselor?  That’s the best you have?   Our screen names have to reflect what we do for a living?  I hope you didn’t put a lot of thought into this post. 

Anyway what recipes are you looking for?  

Depends whether you’re actually a chef.  

if you are, asparagus, beans, eggplant.  Veggie type stuff.  Trying to get away from processed foods that have become habit during the pandemic. 

and no fake recipes!  (I kid :); couldn’t resist). 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not a big gun guy...but it seems to me the people that drafted the constitution were fully aware of what firearms were and they specifically included them in the document. Firearms weren’t invented after 1776, and in fact they were way more prevalent back then than they are now. If in 2020 you want to change the Constitution, so be it. There’s a process for that. Work hard to get it done. If you don’t want to take the time or effort to do that then there are plenty of other countries for you to choose to from that have different societal rules that might suit you better. No offense at all intended. We live in the most mobile time in human history...go for it.

that’s sort of one of the interesting points about the 2a.  Obviously it covers muskets and devices that existed at the time the constitution was drafted.  But for the 2a to embrace a gun created or invented thereafter, say a 9mm, for instance, one has to consider the constitution a living document.  That’s completely fair and reasonable, and I am in that camp.  

the catch is that a lot of 2a people also are right to life people.  Nothing wrong with either position.  But it’s impossible to square “living document” on the 2a side of things with “no penumbra of rights” on the abortion issue.  One of the beautiful paradoxes of American society, I guess. 

1 hour ago, RealKayAdams said:

1. Spinach

2. Broccoli

3. Garlic

4. Sweet potatoes

5. Onions

you’re going to have to get ahead of me for broccoli.  Eggplant is my sleeper. 

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Well, at least he did it right by the rules of the net.  If you are going to fling bull dung you might as well go big and make yourself an 8 figure millionaire, several thousand sq ft primary residence plus choice vacation property that you beat Buffett and Gates to get.  Beer can mansions and relieving yourself outdoors does not sound anywheres as impressive.

As a homeless person, where to you generally get wifi? 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

So these questions that you're talking about . . . which ones are you referring to, and why were they asked?

On balance, though, you're right.  I should have done some homework before recklessly entering a fray dominated by a couple of conspiracy theorists and close-minded right wingers.  Looks like you're as much of a hoaxer as that Deranged Rhino guy.  Unfortunately it looks like I might have to put you in the fake news category, too.  Sad!

DR intimated that you might be a Philadelphia lawyer who has had numerous screen names here (John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and Beginner's Mind) mainly because of your dogged determination to win every single point regardless of its importance or validity. Another poster asked if you worked in a laundromat because the dumbest poster here has been accused of doing so for years. Normally I wouldn't make fun of a person because of their job but this person took 3 years to get named Chief Laundry Folder. It was obviously a slam on you, good natured or not. I asked what your profession was because your posts all sounded like a lawyer, plus you had mentioned something from law school. I actually was wondering if you had passed the Bar. When you mentioned that you are a lawyer/writer it made me think of a prick called Crayola64 who bragged about his success as a lawyer and writing professor while slipping up and claiming that his only court appearances were an arraignment and being 3rd Chair on a case. On the odd chance that you were him I wanted to know in order to cut the conversation off immediately. 

You have categorized me as a hoaxer and a fake news purveyor. While that may seem like a brilliant observation on your part it couldn't be further from the truth. You came in here with an air of superiority plus a familiarity that only long-term posters or big-time bullshitters have. Again, you should have lurked awhile. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

DR intimated that you might be a Philadelphia lawyer who has had numerous screen names here (John Adams, Benjamin Franklin and Beginner's Mind) mainly because of your dogged determination to win every single point regardless of its importance or validity. Another poster asked if you worked in a laundromat because the dumbest poster here has been accused of doing so for years. Normally I wouldn't make fun of a person because of their job but this person took 3 years to get named Chief Laundry Folder. It was obviously a slam on you, good natured or not. I asked what your profession was because your posts all sounded like a lawyer, plus you had mentioned something from law school. I actually was wondering if you had passed the Bar. When you mentioned that you are a lawyer/writer it made me think of a prick called Crayola64 who bragged about his success as a lawyer and writing professor while slipping up and claiming that his only court appearances were an arraignment and being 3rd Chair on a case. On the odd chance that you were him I wanted to know in order to cut the conversation off immediately. 

You have categorized me as a hoaxer and a fake news purveyor. While that may seem like a brilliant observation on your part it couldn't be further from the truth. You came in here with an air of superiority plus a familiarity that only long-term posters or big-time bullshitters have. Again, you should have lurked awhile. 

Yeah no.  It’s a free country.  I’ll speak as I see fit.  Maybe one day soon I’ll move you off of my fake news list.  I’ll think about it. 

3 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

As a homeless person, where to you generally get wifi? 

You have a home but it does not have a foundation beneath it.  As to wifi you probably would bum it off of a neighbor.  The farm up the road from you most likely would not notice.  By the way I have some old gardening tools I was going to drop off to you.  You know the old saying about feeding a man for a day versus teaching him how to support himself for life.  Some pretty good soil down by the creek so you could keep busy with staples such as beans and peas.  

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Depends whether you’re actually a chef.  

if you are, asparagus, beans, eggplant.  Veggie type stuff.  Trying to get away from processed foods that have become habit during the pandemic. 

and no fake recipes!  (I kid :); couldn’t resist). 

that’s sort of one of the interesting points about the 2a.  Obviously it covers muskets and devices that existed at the time the constitution was drafted.  But for the 2a to embrace a gun created or invented thereafter, say a 9mm, for instance, one has to consider the constitution a living document.  That’s completely fair and reasonable, and I am in that camp.  

the catch is that a lot of 2a people also are right to life people.  Nothing wrong with either position.  But it’s impossible to square “living document” on the 2a side of things with “no penumbra of rights” on the abortion issue.  One of the beautiful paradoxes of American society, I guess. 

You're complicating the issue for your own purposes. I can't legally shoot and kill you for no legal reason. If I could, then I can see the argument for abortion. 

The bolded above is a crockofshit. The constitution is not a "living document". Just because we and our tools have evolved doesn't mean the essence of the Constitution has. I doubt you'd try to use that argument in a legitimate courtroom setting. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You have a home but it does not have a foundation beneath it.  As to wifi you probably would bum it off of a neighbor.  The farm up the road from you most likely would not notice.  By the way I have some old gardening tools I was going to drop off to you.  You know the old saying about feeding a man for a day versus teaching him how to support himself for life.  Some pretty good soil down by the creek so you could keep busy with staples such as beans and peas.  

Thank you, but I have plenty of food. You are welcome to some if needed. 

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You're complicating the issue for your own purposes. I can't legally shoot and kill you for no legal reason. If I could, then I can see the argument for abortion. 

The bolded above is a crockofshit. The constitution is not a "living document". Just because we and our tools have evolved doesn't mean the essence of the Constitution has. I doubt you'd try to use that argument in a legitimate courtroom setting. 

I guess you would consign our country to a static legal fate.  And re the courtroom issue, this is just a hunch but i suspect the argument has been made in, I dunno, nearly every case involving the interpretation of a constitutional provision.  Ever.

hate to say it, but you just bought yourself more time on my fake news list.  

finally, your abortion point turns in significant part on whether a fetus is a person.  Maybe it is, maybe it isn’t.  But the law mostly doesn’t see it that way.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Yeah no.  It’s a free country.  I’ll speak as I see fit.  Maybe one day soon I’ll move you off of my fake news list.  I’ll think about it. 

You can't even stay focused on the issue, you arrogant prick. Whether or not you you have me on your fake news list:

See the source image

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He has a lot of nerve. I see you as a drunkard and a skirt-chaser, and a man with a hook on his foot.  You're good people. 

Fake news.  I’m not a prick.  

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You can't even stay focused on the issue, you arrogant prick. Whether or not you you have me on your fake news list:

See the source image

Careful or you might get back on the hoaxer list, too. It’s headed that way ...

24 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Do you need to social distance if you're in a Bauerle patented invisibility cloak?

the better question is does the virus know you’re there if you have such a cloak. These cloaks may be the key to defeating the pandemic.  I’ll try and call bauerle about it today. 

Edited by SectionC3

42 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Considering how often you expose your own ignorance and just how uninformed you are (about basic stuff, let alone nuanced stuff), being on your fake news list is a compliment, not a slam. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Considering how often you expose your own ignorance and just how uninformed you are (about basic stuff, let alone nuanced stuff), being on your fake news list is a compliment, not a slam. 

Hoax.  You don’t like being there. 

23 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Let us know! THX

they’re dying for calls so maybe I’ll have some luck.  I had forgotten about his cloak nonsense, and your reminder of that episode frankly was hilarious.  Brought a little levity to a fairly sad time.  

28 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

3xixyd.jpg

And that’s why you’re on my fake news list. I don’t see any asparagus in that photo.