TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

18 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Man, I drive home from work, make a few stops, and of course that's when someone breaks the 4 hour rule and this whole thing comes to a standstill...

How dare you live your life and be productive! Rabble rabble! 

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 10th pick of the 3rd round the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Greenard, Edge, Florida.

The original plan was to target G or CB as they were the primary needs followed by LB.  G and CB positions did not line up with the board.   You can never have enough pass rushers thus went with Greenard.  Greenard led the SEC in sacks and was named a first-team All-SEC and first-team All American. I worry a bit that he can play as well in a 4-3 but think he can adopt starting as a situational pass rusher..

The Colts and @bkep32 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

With the 10th pick of the 3rd round the Cleveland Browns select Jonathan Greenard, Edge, Florida.

The original plan was to target G or CB as they were the primary needs followed by LB.  G and CB positions did not line up with the board.   You can never have enough pass rushers thus went with Greenard.  Greenard led the SEC in sacks and was named a first-team All-SEC and first-team All American. I worry a bit that he can play as well in a 4-3 but think he can adopt starting as a situational pass rusher..

The Colts and @bkep32 are on the clock.

Absolute steal at this point. 

On 4/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, NewEra said:

.......coming off of a season in which our D was fairly dominant and have started the offseason by signing, Addison, Jefferson, Butler, Klein, Matekavitch, Norman, Gaines and extended Poyer. 

.......coming off of a season in which we clearly lacked competent WRs and in an offseason in which the free agent WRs are trash and the WR draft class is one of the best in memory.  

........going into a season in which we have to give Josh Allen his best chance to take that next step. 

makes sense to me. 

Maybe a pass catching running back?

With the 75th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Albert Okwuegbunam TE - Mizzu

GM:  Not only did we lose ebron to FA we need some playmakers on offense for Phillip Rivers.  With drafting shenault earlier and now okwuegbunam, I think this gives TY Hilton some weight off his shoulders.

@DCOrange and the bucs are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

With the 75th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Indianapolis Colts select Albert Okwuegbunam TE - Mizzu

GM:  Not only did we lose ebron to FA we need some playmakers on offense for Phillip Rivers.  With drafting shenault earlier and now okwuegbunam, I think this gives TY Hilton some weight off his shoulders.

@DCOrange and the bucs are on the clock.

That's a good pick, though I am not totally convinced he is ready to make a big impact as a rookie. Might help Rivers' successor more than Rivers. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Dawson Knox like rookie year. A handful of big plays but some mistakes and a lot of inconsistency.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That's a good pick, though I am not totally convinced he is ready to make a big impact as a rookie. Might help Rivers' successor more than Rivers. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Dawson Knox like rookie year. A handful of big plays but some mistakes and a lot of inconsistency.

Not expecting him to be george kittle in year one.  But he will probably contribute enough to take some pressure and coverage off of TY on some sets.  We still have steady ol jack doyle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Have 3 starters and backups already.  5 Bills picks on WR?

So, to be clear, based on your math we've used 4 picks on WR, the draft isn't even here, and we've acquired 1 WR. Correct? Every single WR after the top 3 is replacement level.

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No qb for Miami? Where do I sign up

Jordan Love with pick 18. Unless this is a dig at Love, in which case carry on.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

So, to be clear, based on your math we've used 4 picks on WR, the draft isn't even here, and we've acquired 1 WR. Correct? Every single WR after the top 3 is replacement level.

Jordan Love with pick 18. Unless this is a dig at Love, in which case carry on.

Missed that sorry

34 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

Not expecting him to be george kittle in year one.  But he will probably contribute enough to take some pressure and coverage off of TY on some sets.  We still have steady ol jack doyle.

George Kittle wasn’t George Kittle his first year. He had what I think most would consider an amazing rookie season at TE and that was 43 catches for 515 yards and 2 TD’s.

I think the third round is a perfect round to pickup a TE. Good pick.

12 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d draft the kid in the second. He could replace Feliciano who is a free agent at the end of the season and move to center when Morse’s contract is up. 

More and more I think we should draft an OL in rd 2.  As long as there’s one we like.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 76th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Terrell Burgess, safety out of the University of Utah.

This was easily the most difficult decision I had to make in this draft. In the first round, I had it narrowed down to whichever tackle fell, Kinlaw, or whichever of the 3 stud WRs was on the board. Ultimately Andrew Thomas was the only one that remained from that grouping, so easy enough.

In the second round, I was tempted by Ashtyn Davis and JK Dobbins, but I knew that I needed a WR that could come in and start on day 1 out wide and Michael Pittman was one of the very few that I was that confident in, so ultimately, it wasn't that difficult for me.

This pick though...this was brutal. I ultimately narrowed it down to Burgess, my heartthrob Amik Robertson, Josh Uche, Zack Moss, and Antonio Gibson. Ultimately, I decided to gamble on good RB prospects still being available on Day 3. Since this is my final pick of the mock, we won't know how that gamble turns out, but looking at who is still available, I'm comfortable thinking that I can get a starting RB and if not, there's starting caliber RBs available in free agency still. The same more or less goes for the edge rushers, except I'm just looking for developmental depth rather than a starter. Tampa only has two edge rushers right now though so that pick will need to be prioritized very soon (though again, there are starting caliber edge rushers available in free agency still so we could sign someone there). That left me with Amik Robertson, who I've loved throughout the draft process, and Terrell Burgess. Robertson has some size/athleticism issues that will give teams some pause, but his quickness, instincts, toughness, and ball skills give him a chance to become a great nickel corner IMO. In this case though, all of Tampa's corners showed promise last season as the year wore on. That was a pleasant surprise/potentially a fluke, but ultimately, corner just wasn't a disaster the way the safeties were last season. Justin Evans should be returning this year, which will help, but Burgess can step in and be a starter from day 1 (and he can line up in the slot if needed as well).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

With the 76th pick in the NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Terrell Burgess, safety out of the University of Utah.

This was easily the most difficult decision I had to make in this draft. In the first round, I had it narrowed down to whichever tackle fell, Kinlaw, or whichever of the 3 stud WRs was on the board. Ultimately Andrew Thomas was the only one that remained from that grouping, so easy enough.

In the second round, I was tempted by Ashtyn Davis and JK Dobbins, but I knew that I needed a WR that could come in and start on day 1 out wide and Michael Pittman was one of the very few that I was that confident in, so ultimately, it wasn't that difficult for me.

This pick though...this was brutal. I ultimately narrowed it down to Burgess, my heartthrob Amik Robertson, Josh Uche, Zack Moss, and Antonio Gibson. Ultimately, I decided to gamble on good RB prospects still being available on Day 3. Since this is my final pick of the mock, we won't know how that gamble turns out, but looking at who is still available, I'm comfortable thinking that I can get a starting RB and if not, there's starting caliber RBs available in free agency still. The same more or less goes for the edge rushers, except I'm just looking for developmental depth rather than a starter. Tampa only has two edge rushers right now though so that pick will need to be prioritized very soon (though again, there are starting caliber edge rushers available in free agency still so we could sign someone there). That left me with Amik Robertson, who I've loved throughout the draft process, and Terrell Burgess. Robertson has some size/athleticism issues that will give teams some pause, but his quickness, instincts, toughness, and ball skills give him a chance to become a great nickel corner IMO. In this case though, all of Tampa's corners showed promise last season as the year wore on. That was a pleasant surprise/potentially a fluke, but ultimately, corner just wasn't a disaster the way the safeties were last season. Justin Evans should be returning this year, which will help, but Burgess can step in and be a starter from day 1 (and he can line up in the slot if needed as well).

I like the pick. There is a video break down below with Scott Mitchell (who looks terrible, is dreadful to listen to, and his belly blocks the monitor while he's talking) that will allow you to see some of the things Burgess does well. 

With the 77th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama

Having addressed CB and WR in the first two rounds, we shift back to defense and our most pressing remaining need. The knock on Raekwon is that he hasn't shown much improvement over the past two years, though he has all the physical tools and talent to be a major disruption. We're not asking him to be the guy -- just a guy who lines up next to Von Miller and some of the best defensive talent in the league. Let's see what happens.

@atlbillsfan1975 and his Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

With the 78th pick of the 2020  NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Jeremy Chinn, Safety, Southern Illinois. 

With Chinn we get a player that screams versatility. Chinn is 6'3 and 221 pounds. We love the idea of pairing Chinn up with Deion Jones in sub packages. Chinn will be a great addition in Nickel and can play in ST's immediately.  Keanu Neal is playing out the final season on his rookie deal,  Chinn will provide us a possible Safety replacement option. Neal has been hurt two out of the last three seasons.  With our first three picks of Chaisson, Bryce Hall, and Chinn, we have become a defense that can play with the pass happy offenses in the NFC south. 

@TPS and the New York Stinking Jets are on the clock. 

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

With the 78th pick of the 2020  NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Jeremy Chinn, Safety, Southern Illinois. 

With Chinn we get a player that screams versatility. Chinn is 6'3 and 221 pounds. We love the idea of pairing Chinn up with Deion Jones in sub packages. Chinn will be a great addition in Nickel and can play in ST's immediately.  Keanu Neal is playing out the final season on his rookie deal,  Chinn will provide us a possible Safety replacement option. Neal has been hurt two out of the last three seasons.  With our first three picks of Chaisson, Bryce Hall, and Chinn, we have become a defense that can play with the pass happy offenses in the NFC south. 

@TPS and the New York Stinking Jets are on the clock. 

take at 53. please repick

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

More and more I think we should draft an OL in rd 2.  As long as there’s one we like.

I’d love Biadasz in round two. I think he will be a good player. The Bills have shown a lot of interest in Simpson from Clemson. He would be an interesting upgrade of talent at the guard position. I think he is going to be very good. Second might be high, but I think there will be some value there. Something good will be there for us in the second. There are a ton of receivers, linemen, secondary guys that are going to be picked in the first two rounds, plus the quarterbacks. So I think we will have a chance to get a good player in round two. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

With the 77th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama

Having addressed CB and WR in the first two rounds, we shift back to defense and our most pressing remaining need. The knock on Raekwon is that he hasn't shown much improvement over the past two years, though he has all the physical tools and talent to be a major disruption. We're not asking him to be the guy -- just a guy who lines up next to Von Miller and some of the best defensive talent in the league. Let's see what happens.

@atlbillsfan1975 and his Atlanta Falcons are on the clock.

If he came out last year he went 1st round. Talent is there.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I’d love Biadasz in round two. I think he will be a good player. The Bills have shown a lot of interest in Simpson from Clemson. He would be an interesting upgrade of talent at the guard position. I think he is going to be very good. Second might be high, but I think there will be some value there. Something good will be there for us in the second. There are a ton of receivers, linemen, secondary guys that are going to be picked in the first two rounds, plus the quarterbacks. So I think we will have a chance to get a good player in round two. 

If Biadasz is there for our pick very likely he is the BPA according to my board. He is my #23 overall player.

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he came out last year he went 1st round. Talent is there.

Why do you think his stock dropped? Doesn’t make sense to me. He seems like a blue chipper. 

edit: I thought you were referring to Biadasz here. So wondering what happened to his stock in your opinion.

Edited by MrEpsYtown

1 minute ago, H2o said:

I think @ATLBillsFan should just be given the highest rated S left on the board according to whatever preferred draft board you choose @Virgil since he went the S route on an already drafted player then ghosted us all. :lol::thumbsup:

He certainly won't select my pick, since he took Chaisson in R1.   

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

I think @ATLBillsFan should just be given the highest rated S left on the board according to whatever preferred draft board you choose @Virgil since he went the S route on an already drafted player then ghosted us all. :lol::thumbsup:

Yeah, it’s a 3 rd mock draft and his team has terrible uniforms.  Just give him the best S

• Haha (+1) 1

With the 78th pick of the 2020  NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Zack Moss, RB, Utah.

We apologize for the confusion with our initial pick and appreciate the Commissioner allowing us a mulligan (pipe in crowd noise). With Moss we get our back of the future and make our offense even more dynamic. Moss can play beside Gurley for 2020 and provide insurance if Gurley's knees can not hold up. Moss will provide us power to get short yardage, something we have struggled with for years. 

And Now...

@TPS and The New York Stinking Jets are on the clock. 

1000 pardons again everyone!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Back in the "War Zoom," the NY Jets awake from their slumber to discuss their second selection in the third round of the 2021 NFL draft, or at least it seems that long….

The Jets have one more pressing need to address in this draft, an edge rusher.  Had they been allowed to trade, they would’ve moved up a few spots to take Terrel Lewis with their other R3 pick, but alas rules are rules…

Greggo W and the coaching staff are debating the merits of two prospects, Uche, a relatively known quantity, vs Alton Robinson, another prospect that is more athletic (he had the 3rd best 40 time among edge rushers), has a higher ceiling, but is somewhat raw.  Uche would be used more like the Bills’ Alexander, moved around the line in pass rushing situations; however, they really need an edge rusher to complement strong-side LB Jordan Jenkins, who had 8 of the teams 35 sacks in 2019 (S Adams was second on the team).   The staff decide to go with upside again:

With the 79th selection in the 2020 NFL draft, the NY Jests select Alton Robinson, edge, Syracuse.

@aristocrat and the Las Vegas Raiders are on the clock...

In a recent mock, Matt Miller had Robinson going to the Falcons in R2, and NFL.com tracker has him listed as the fifth best edge rusher.  I’d be interested to hear other opinions on Robinson…

As for the Jets' draft overall, they are happy with their first two selections of WR Jeudy and CB Gladney, and had they been able to trade they would've tried to make some moves that allowed them to get two players who could easily come in and start or contribute significantly at RT and edge, rather than two prospects who will see limited playing time.

Always fun though! Thanks Virgil.

• Like (+1) 1

The Raiders thank the tech geeks for putting on this draft via facetime. 

The Raiders will be addressing the RB position with AJ Dillon rb, Boston college to back up Josh Jacobs and take some of the load off his back.  

With the 81st selection of the draft the Raiders will be addressing the lb position again with Malik harrison OLB Ohio state.  The raiders spent big money bringing Correy Littleton but now with Murray in round one, and Harrison here in round 3 we will have great depth at lb. 

@GunnerBill and Canada's team the Cowboys are on the clock

34 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Raiders thank the tech geeks for putting on this draft via facetime. 

The Raiders will be addressing the RB position with AJ Dillon rb, Boston college to back up Josh Jacobs and take some of the load off his back.  

With the 81st selection of the draft the Raiders will be addressing the lb position again with Malik harrison OLB Ohio state.  The raiders spent big money bringing Correy Littleton but now with Murray in round one, and Harrison here in round 3 we will have great depth at lb. 

@GunnerBill and Canada's team the Cowboys are on the clock

Harrison was on my short list for the Saints coming up. Shakes fist.