There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

38 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, Bugs is a Dem, you guys are Daffy, lol 

Trump is Stupor Duck! Lol 

Well, and the fact pandemics almost wiped out the Native populations. Remember history, or we are doomed to repeat it. 

Dems are really the daffy ones here. As pandemics go, this one isn’t dangerous enough to the population at large for anything close to such an occurrence.

Judge Grants Restraining Order to Block Extended Stay-at-Home Order

Republican State Rep. Darren Bailey of Xenia, Illinois claimed in the lawsuit filed in Clay County Circuit Court that Pritzker exceeded his authority

A judge has ruled against Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker, issuing a restraining order over the extension of the state’s stay-at-home order, putting the statewide plan in jeopardy.

Clay County Circuit Court Judge Michael McHaney ruled against Pritzker's order, granting a restraining order to temporarily block the stay-at-home restrictions set to take effect Friday, according to local reports.

"We are certainly going to act in a swift action to have this ruling overturned," Pritzker said in his daily coronavirus press briefing Monday.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

it is actually holding up better than i had imagined it would. we are however at a point where, unless things change, you are going to see evidence of these breakdowns at your local supermarkets. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it is actually holding up better than i had imagined it would. we are however at a point where, unless things change, you are going to see evidence of these breakdowns at your local supermarkets. 

It’s really not.  You sit at the end of the supply chain.  You’re quite a bit downstream from Tyson, who sits at the beginning.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It’s really not.  You sit at the end of the supply chain.  You’re quite a bit downstream from Tyson, who sits at the beginning.  

not sure if you're responding to my first sentence or the second. i am going to assume by the context that it is the second you are referencing.

from your article...

Tyson Foods takes out full-page ad: 'The food supply chain is breaking'

... "There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," ...

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Even if true, why take out an ad announcing it to the world? I’m assuming there is some motivation for Tyson to risk inducing some form of panic. Prodding the government comes to mind. 

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

not sure if you're responding to my first sentence or the second. i am going to assume by the context that it is the second you are referencing.

from your article...

Tyson Foods takes out full-page ad: 'The food supply chain is breaking'

... "There will be limited supply of our products available in grocery stores until we are able to reopen our facilities that are currently closed," ...

I was responding to both.  It’s not holding up well at all, and that’s what Tyson is telling you.  They’re able to tell you this because they have primary vantage and understanding.

49 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Even if true, why take out an ad announcing it to the world? I’m assuming there is some motivation for Tyson to risk inducing some form of panic. Prodding the government comes to mind. 

Eating is important.

Food producers making people aware that if our current handling of the situation persists that people are going to begin to starve seems like a reasonable PSA to make.

Certainly better than letting them be surprised.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I was responding to both.  It’s not holding up well at all, and that’s what Tyson is telling you.  They’re able to tell you this because they have primary vantage and understanding.

Eating is important.

Food producers making people aware that if our current handling of the situation persists that people are going to begin to starve seems like a reasonable PSA to make.

Certainly better than letting them be surprised.

I agree in principle. Just given that our population has shown a propensity for the irrational, I believe announcing that our supply chain is breaking via a media blitz isn't the best course of action. Motivation can be as simple as “we warned you” or avoiding being made a scapegoat by either side of the aisle.

7 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

I agree in principle. Just given that our population has shown a propensity for the irrational, I believe announcing that our supply chain is breaking via a media blitz isn't the best course of action. Motivation can be as simple as “we warned you” or avoiding being made a scapegoat by either side of the aisle.

That’s how corporations speak to the population.  Adverts.

And there’s no soft way to deliver something so immediately important.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

Eh. They are doing this on purpose. I have a hard time buying this from a company that has lobbied intensively to enter the Chinese market in the last decade. What's next, some Chinese companies offering to ride to the rescue?

59 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Eh. They are doing this on purpose. I have a hard time buying this from a company that has lobbied intensively to enter the Chinese market in the last decade. What's next, some Chinese companies offering to ride to the rescue?

Do you understand the logistics of bringing food to market?

• Like (+1) 2

***** the market! Been prepared for this for a time! I knew all the nutbars would panic because they are too dumb to prepare. 

This is the sort of thing that people need to see, especially considering how little the American public at large understands about how we fit into the supply chain. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Azalin said:

This is the sort of thing that people need to see, especially considering how little the American public at large understands about how we fit into the supply chain. 

Regarding food. there seems to be 2 issues - 1)A minimal restaurant needs. So, for example, high end steakhouse Ringside in Portland is selling their steaks to the public. Kegs of beer going to waste.

2) At the beginning of the chain workers get the Wuhan flu and it affects production.

I read an article about a month ago about the wood product industry. Socially distant loggers were still working as usual but the need at the end of the chain was disrupting the rest of the chain.

DON’T BE A SCIENCE DENIER: 

Science says it’s time to start easing the lockdowns.

Related: Do Lockdowns Save Many Lives? In Most Places, the Data Say No.

To normalize for an unambiguous comparison of deaths between states at the midpoint of an epidemic, we counted deaths per million population for a fixed 21-day period, measured from when the death rate first hit 1 per million—e.g.,‒three deaths in Iowa or 19 in New York state. A state’s “days to shutdown” was the time after a state crossed the 1 per million threshold until it ordered businesses shut down.

We ran a simple one-variable correlation of deaths per million and days to shutdown, which ranged from minus-10 days (some states shut down before any sign of Covid-19) to 35 days for South Dakota, one of seven states with limited or no shutdown. The correlation coefficient was 5.5%—so low that the engineers I used to employ would have summarized it as “no correlation” and moved on to find the real cause of the problem. (The trendline sloped downward—states that delayed more tended to have lower death rates—but that’s also a meaningless result due to the low correlation coefficient.)

No conclusions can be drawn about the states that sheltered quickly, because their death rates ran the full gamut, from 20 per million in Oregon to 360 in New York.

You don’t say.

• Thank you (+1) 2