There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You've been working too hard lately. I was being sarcastic. Don't you think it's funny that you warn of using any phone numbers provided you from a post or email but then post a number? And seriously, I thought a while back that in your position and with the different rules by each state, plus multiple unions you must be pulling your hair out trying to keep things running. Good luck. 

......LMAO....busted by my bud......NOT pulling my hair out...found a new one on top and went to Home Depot for Miracle-Gro......and GREAT memory about multiple Unions....final SBA PPP regs are now supplemented with 31 addendums, with #31 coming out yesterday and more to follow......I must be a masochist to have not taken SS on April9 when I turned 67.....can't fix stupid......

22 hours ago, B-Man said:

Aaahhhh.  Partial quotes, the sign of desperation.

Meanwhile, back at the thread..........

Vermont gives greenlight to work crews under 5

MONTPELIER, Vt. (WCAX) Vermont Governor Phil Scott Friday further loosened stay-at-home restrictions by allowing small work crews with less than five people to return to work.

As of Friday, Vermont health officials reported 827 coronavirus cases in the state and 44 deaths. Vermont officials say there is now "no room for doubt" that the state reached its peak and that the number of new cases allows for more people to go back to work as long as they follow strict guidelines.

Friday's order allows small crews of under five workers can do outdoor work or work in unoccupied spaces. Manufacturing can resume with a maximum of five employees if they can keep workers six-feet apart. Outdoor retail facilities like garden centers can open, but no more than ten people including customers or staff are permitted at a time.

https://www.wcax.com/content/news/Who-gets-to-go-to-work-next-Scott-expected-to-turn-spigot-Friday-569900381.html

...so for the NYSDOT, that means four guys watching with one guy working......our tax dollars at work.......

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so for the NYSDOT, that means four guys watching with one guy working......our tax dollars at work.......

I, for one, am glad that there are 4 supervisors being paid to watch at all times, to make sure that the one worker is putting in his 3 hours of work per day.

Gotta prevent that waste!

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I, for one, am glad that there are 4 supervisors being paid to watch at all times, to make sure that the one worker is putting in his 3 hours of work per day.

Gotta prevent that waste!

...you're hired!!.....a grisly attorney now in charge....uh oh..................

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

That is a lotta jobs lost.

This is a fair and just societal trade-off . Imagine how many lives we could save if many more people worked from home, others received unemployment to stay home ...  perpetually ( not everyone can have an “ essential job” after all) stores were online order and pick up only , and all restaurants were take out only. And we left stay at home orders in place  ! If we did this continually , deaths of all kinds would go down substantially. 

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Two years? 

Virginia, time to let governor blackface/klan-robes know you're not going to take that *****.

Two years ! WTF ! Madness, sheer madness. Health officials are not economists. They will also continue to be employed. That’s the problem ; health officials will say it won’t be safe forever and we should stay locked down to avoid CoVid 19. That’s not realistic though for a society, but they’re only focus is avoiding CoVid 19. It’s just not real life. People will die from things we don’t have vaccines or treatments for. It’s like saying we should all stay inside forever to cut down on skin cancer deaths. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s time for a new Task Force. This first group  were quick to ‘shut it all down’ and to ‘flatten the curve’...but they need new voices in there now. Fauchi and Birx are both nice people but they have ZERO ideas on where to go now or what to do next. Time to go to the bilullpen!

The guidelines are out there. No one seems to be following them. 

MEDIA CRITICISM OF GOVERNOR KEMP FOR REOPENING GEORGIA IS DISHONEST AND HYPOCRITICAL:

“It is even more outrageous to watch the press completely disregard the specific guidance in Kemp’s order.

Then you can add blatant hypocrisy of the coverage when you review the announcement from Colorado’s Democrat governor, Jared Polis. I

t is infuriating. According to the Denver Post, Governor Polis has given his plan a catchy name, Safer at Home. Maybe that is the difference. However, the fundamentals are pretty similar, right down to tattoo parlors.”

It’s different when they do it, somehow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe because they’re crap.

Are you going support that or just leave it there without facts?

Most of the closed states could enter phase 1 under those guidelines now (except maybe the larger cities) but remain closed or have much more stringent requirements in place for opening. I prefer the Trump guidelines over any plan I’ve seen from a state. If states would follow the guidelines, they could be opening their economies, albeit carefully. 

Edited by shoshin

28 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Are you going support that or just leave it there without facts?

Most of the closed dates could enter phase 1 under those guidelines now (except maybe the larger cities) but remain closed or have much more stringent requirements in place for opening. I prefer the Trump guidelines over any plan I’ve seen from a state. If states would follow the guidelines, they could be opening their economies, albeit carefully. 

I’m going to leave it there. I’m done with this. 

TYLER COWEN: How things are, in a few short words. Quotable:

If we keep the economy closed at current levels, it will continue to decay, and at some point turn into irreversible, non-linear damage. No one knows when, or how to model the course of that process. That decay also will eat into our future public health capacities, and perhaps boost hunger and poverty around the world.

If we keep people locked up at current levels, fewer of them will be exposed to the virus, and in the meantime we can develop better treatments, and also improve test and trace capabilities. No one knows how quickly those improvements will come, or how to model the course of that process, or how much net good they will do.

The relative pace of those two processes should determine our best course of action. No one knows the relative pace of either of those two processes. Yet commentators pretend to be increasingly knowledgeable, moralizing based on the pretense of knowledge they do not have.

Indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, B-Man said:

TYLER COWEN: How things are, in a few short words. Quotable:

If we keep the economy closed at current levels, it will continue to decay, and at some point turn into irreversible, non-linear damage. No one knows when, or how to model the course of that process. That decay also will eat into our future public health capacities, and perhaps boost hunger and poverty around the world.

If we keep people locked up at current levels, fewer of them will be exposed to the virus, and in the meantime we can develop better treatments, and also improve test and trace capabilities. No one knows how quickly those improvements will come, or how to model the course of that process, or how much net good they will do.

The relative pace of those two processes should determine our best course of action. No one knows the relative pace of either of those two processes. Yet commentators pretend to be increasingly knowledgeable, moralizing based on the pretense of knowledge they do not have.

Indeed.

Sounds awfully familiar?