There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The left's slogans give it away

by Dex Bahr

Original Article

As we go through yet another week of Wuhan virus restriction in the United States, do you find yourself becoming annoyed at the daily sloganeering? We see these messages on television, hear them on radio and flashed before us while driving. I, for one, am beginning to tire of this "we're all in this together" claptrap, along with "flattening (or bending) the curve"; social distancing; and "stay safe, stay strong."

However, the one slogan that is most irritating is "stay at home...save lives." Let's not forget that original reason for sheltering at home

More at the link.

every other radio ad in the last few weeks talks about “flattening the curve”.  Lol.

“I am beyond disturbed,” Van R. Johnson, mayor of Savannah, Ga., said on CNN after Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp announced that gyms, salons, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys in the state could reopen Friday as long as customers obeyed social distancing guidelines.
Johnson called the governor’s order “reckless, premature and dangerous,” and asked businesses in his city to show “common sense” by staying closed.
He said Savannah still lacked the wide-scale testing that public health experts say is necessary before shops and businesses can safely reopen.

Crazy 

SALENA ZITO: Coronavirus protesters just want to work.

“The center of the demonstration was the return of the dignity of work,” Gerow says flatly.

Gerow, who is a Republican media consultant, is irked at the mockery online of the attendees. “Pennsyltucky” trended on Twitter, an alleged derogatory description of people who are from the more rural stretches of the state and not the urban centers of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

“Well, first of all, there were plenty of people from suburban Philly and Pittsburgh at this event, so to try to pin on people you consider part of the ‘deplorable’ or ‘bitter-clinger’ crowd is a joke,” Gerow said, referencing derogatory terms used by both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama when they were running for president.

“I think it’s a grossly unfair categorization, because I can tell you that the folks that I was standing with were all highly educated, professional people, at least one of them a Harvard grad,” he said of the friends he attended with that also included someone who made the three-plus hour drive from Pittsburgh.

“Those rural hills and valleys and small towns are made up of the places where our agriculture is grown and produced, but it is also where people from here and people who come to visit here hunt, and hike and camp and fish. So I don’t think they accomplished the insult they so cleverly thought they were accomplishing by using the word ‘Pennsyltucky,’” said Gerow.

“They all stressed they just wanted to work. And the one guy was carrying a sign that simply said, ‘I need a haircut,’ and we all thought that was pretty funny because we all certainly are in that boat,” he said of everyone’s rather shaggy appearance. “There was a woman standing there with us, and she said, ‘I’m a stylist, and I’m out of work.’ She said, ‘I would do anything to be cutting his hair right now.'”

Well, there are Two Americas: The one that’s still getting a paycheck, and the one that’s not.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Mayors might consider a few other options. First, they should inform residents of their rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The OSHA website explains, “The General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Act of 1970, 29 USC 654(a)(1), which requires employers to furnish to each worker ‘employment and a place of employment, which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm.’” If they believe their workplace is unsafe, they can file complaints with OSHA field offices.

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

You really don't give a ***** about people. Keep the economy closed so we can elect biden. That's the only thing you care about. So sad.

I don't give a ***** about some loser politicizing a suicide and conveniently blaming others for it. Anyone who does that, right or left, is a total d-bag.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I don't give a ***** about some loser politicizing a suicide and conveniently blaming others for it. Anyone who does that, right or left, is a total d-bag.

Anyone who uses the dead for political gain is a POS.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Yep, which reinforces the case that in the low infected areas they should be relaxing some of the restrictions so that these people get the care they need.

Even in higher infected areas, the general shut down is way too severe. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The left's slogans give it away

by Dex Bahr

Original Article

As we go through yet another week of Wuhan virus restriction in the United States, do you find yourself becoming annoyed at the daily sloganeering? We see these messages on television, hear them on radio and flashed before us while driving. I, for one, am beginning to tire of this "we're all in this together" claptrap, along with "flattening (or bending) the curve"; social distancing; and "stay safe, stay strong."

However, the one slogan that is most irritating is "stay at home...save lives." Let's not forget that original reason for sheltering at home

More at the link.

Maybe we should have used the term, "get the curve flat, and keep it there indefinitely or at least until it magically disappears". 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Mayors might consider a few other options. First, they should inform residents of their rights under the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The OSHA website explains, “The General Duty Clause, Section 5(a)(1) of the Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) Act of 1970, 29 USC 654(a)(1), which requires employers to furnish to each worker ‘employment and a place of employment, which are free from recognized hazards that are causing or are likely to cause death or serious physical harm.’” If they believe their workplace is unsafe, they can file complaints with OSHA field offices.

Is it too late to shut down that nuisance to progress that is OSHA??

4 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Maybe we should have used the term, "get the curve flat, and keep it there indefinitely or at least until it magically disappears". 

Is it too late to shut down that nuisance to progress that is OSHA??

As a goal, that is likely an impossible one. OSHA exists for a good reason. A virus can infect in a workplace even if all best practices are followed. There is no way to 100% guarantee against infection. At work, or anywhere. It would be very difficult to prove where someone contracted a virus. 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No, I think everyone is losing, lol.

I think I understand conceptually, but there are industries and people knocking the snot of the financial side of this deal.  I was reading about the Harvard Board of trustee' reply to President Trump's request to return $9m in aid given the true financial status of the institution.  The reply is...uh, no, we need this money.  For some it's a windfall, for others, the pain runs deep.   Obviously for Dan Bongino, it runs deep. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think I understand conceptually, but there are industries and people knocking the snot of the financial side of this deal.  I was reading about the Harvard Board of trustee' reply to President Trump's request to return $9m in aid given the true financial status of the institution.  The reply is...uh, no, we need this money.  For some it's a windfall, for others, the pain runs deep.   Obviously for Dan Bongino, it runs deep. 

He'd love everyone to believe that and only his select few to feel guilty, at least. ?‍♂️

Coronavirus at meat packing plants worse than first thought, USA TODAY investigation finds

A  rash of coronavirus outbreaks at dozens of meat packing plants across the nation is far more extensive than previously thought, according to an exclusive review of cases by USA TODAY and the Midwest Center for Investigative Reporting. 

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2020/04/22/meat-packing-plants-covid-may-force-choice-worker-health-food/2995232001/

These are not large urban areas

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ALF said:

Coronavirus at meat packing plants worse than first thought, USA TODAY investigation finds

A  rash of coronavirus outbreaks at dozens of meat packing plants across the nation is far more extensive than previously thought, according to an exclusive review of cases by USA TODAY and the Midwest Center for Investigative Reporting. 

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/2020/04/22/meat-packing-plants-covid-may-force-choice-worker-health-food/2995232001/

These are not large urban areas

We're doomed!!!

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He'd love everyone to believe that and only his select few to feel guilty, at least. ?‍♂️

I think I'm failing to understand you though that muffled goat head. Bongino wants people to feel guilty?   I think given his status as a former police officer and secret service agent, Bongino is less on the "you should feel guilty" bandwagon and more on the "go f yourself" side of things.  Potato, poh-tah-toe I suppose. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

Seriously? This is just dumb. You think you know all about Dan Bongino ha? 

Nope, but the politicizing/blaming around his "friend's" suicide is really telling. If he wants to use his soap box to yell about it, he must want us to talk about it. ?‍♂️

And looking at his feed, its just that one tweet. No respectful tribute to his friend....no promoting of helplines, donations, or agencies that can help people in need...

You can easily see what the motivation is behind that one tweet before he quickly moves on to other topics. Pretty scummy.

Thousands of people are dying, but Dan Bongino is gonna use his friend's suicide for his own agenda and blame others. Classy move.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Nope, but the politicizing/blaming around his "friend's" suicide is really telling. If he wants to use his soap box to yell about it, he must want us to talk about it. ?‍♂️

And looking at his feed, its just that one tweet. No respectful tribute to his friend....no promoting of helplines, donations, or agencies that can help people in need...

You can easily see what the motivation is behind that one tweet before he quickly moves on to other topics. Pretty scummy.

Thousands of people are dying, but Dan Bongino is gonna use his friend's suicide for his own agenda and blame others. Classy move.

So basically you are projecting him projecting... brilliant. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think I'm failing to understand you though that muffled goat head. Bongino wants people to feel guilty?   I think given his status as a former police officer and secret service agent, Bongino is less on the "you should feel guilty" bandwagon and more on the "go f yourself" side of things.  Potato, poh-tah-toe I suppose. 

You suppose right. All his stuff just seems to be political. The tweet about his friend falls in right in line with the rest of it.

2 minutes ago, sabrecrazed said:

So basically you are projecting him projecting... brilliant. 

And you decided to join in. ?

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

What is he playing at? Trying to bankrupt his state?

Probably. He’s likely also looking into how to get mail in balloting approved for all in VA come November. This is looking like the Dems trying to steal a GE that they likely cannot win otherwise. Keep everyone locked down and make sure no one feels safe. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As millions of Americans continue to live under stay-at-home orders and other restrictions that are ostensibly designed to curb the spread of COVID-19, many are growing increasingly concerned about the impact on their freedoms. A recent Hill-HarrisX survey that was published on Monday reveals that an overwhelming percentage of Americans fear losing their liberties as a result of the pandemic.

According to The Hill, “more than 7 in 10 voters fear losing freedoms due to the coronavirus pandemic.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Probably. He’s likely also looking into how to get mail in balloting approved for all in VA come November. This is looking like the Dems trying to steal a GE that they likely cannot win otherwise. Keep everyone locked down and make sure no one feels safe. 

You are probably spot on with this. It didn't occur to me that someone would hurt his/her state so profoundly in order to cheat in an election.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What is he playing at? Trying to bankrupt his state?

As far as I know every state is in debt, and the country is in massive debt.  There's really no way this doesn't end poorly for all of them, whether it be financially or by loss of life. We would have weathered this far better if we had of been more financially smart before this, but a lot of people were saying debt is good.  it ain't looking so good now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

As far as I know every state is in debt, and the country is in massive debt.  There's really no way this doesn't end poorly for all of them, whether it be financially or by loss of life. We would have weathered this far better if we had of been more financially smart before this, but a lot of people were saying debt is good.  it ain't looking so good now. 

I don’t know about far better, that’s a stretch. Somewhat or slightly better , perhaps but there was no way this wasn’t going to cause economic havoc. The economy was doing very well before this virus was unleashed on the world by China. The sooner we start digging out, the better. 

54 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

opining why someone does something is tantamount to being a fool's errand. you are more than likely going to be wrong.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? - The Shadow 

interesting that you have chosen this hill to die on. 

35 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

quick... tell me why i am having a ham sammich for lunch. go.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Wait, Trump participating in Earth Day ceremonies?  Noooo, he's not allowed to do that

captureno1.png?w=883

Love it.

We went on a road trip right when the ***** was hitting the fan and still got to visit 4 parks run by the BLM and FS, but the one's on Native American reservations were closed. Still lucky to go when we did or it would've been a real bummer. 

Distancing is super easy at these parks.