Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

35 minutes ago, The Dean said:

As these are four different teams, involved in two different trades, i'm not sure any of the details in one is relevant to the other. If they are, than ALL the details (contracts info for example) need to come into play. 

I agree AZ got a better deal for Hopkins than the Bills did for Diggs. Doesn't make the Diggs trade worse in any way.

EDIT: Actually I should say, Houston got a worse deal than the Vikings. Still doesn't make any difference for the Bills/Vikes deal.

Again, I'm not offering an opinion of who did better or worse. Just providing an alternate measure to value the trades for people who are providing an opinion.  

Another way to look at the compensation is to ask whether a team would trade a #22 for #40 and David Johnson?

36 minutes ago, GG said:

Again, I'm not offering an opinion of who did better or worse. Just providing an alternate measure to value the trades for people who are providing an opinion.  

Another way to look at the compensation is to ask whether a team would trade a #22 for #40 and David Johnson?

The only Team on the planet that would make that deal is run by Bill OB. Kudos for Cardinals for getting that deal. BTW I'll take Bills +/- against the Cards right now.

We are better off with Diggs minus the picks than without Diggs + picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, qwksilver said:

The only Team on the planet that would make that deal is run by Bill OB. Kudos for Cardinals for getting that deal. BTW I'll take Bills +/- against the Cards right now.

We are better off with Diggs minus the picks than without Diggs + picks. 

Basically this. Which is what people have been trying to beat into the heads of some here for 50+ pages of this thread. Cardinals got very lucky dealing with a power hungry ego maniac. Good for them. They were lucky (by chance of being in the opposite conference). People comparing the trades and the trade compensation are disingenuous at best. Cardinals were smart and lucky, Bills were simply smart (and in no way in the running for Hopkins.)

While i’m replying just a reminder: if the Bills didn’t get Diggs, the Patriots most likely would have. 

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Basically this. Which is what people have been trying to beat into the heads of some here for 50+ pages of this thread. Cardinals got very lucky dealing with a power hungry ego maniac. Good for them. They were lucky (by chance of being in the opposite conference). People comparing the trades and the trade compensation are disingenuous at best. Cardinals were smart and lucky, Bills were simply smart (and in no way in the running for Hopkins.)

While i’m replying just a reminder: if the Bills didn’t get Diggs, the Patriots most likely would have. 

Right Patriots get Diggs, Brady doesn't leave NE, and everything is terrible.

So in short your welcome America.

• Haha (+1) 3

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm no where near a Houston fan, and believe me I'm revolted!  I feel Deshaun Watson should be placed under observation, unless he actually had some kind of falling out with Nuk that wasn't reported.

The only thing saving me from open rebellion is @JoPoy88 and others who have pointed out that an in-conference trade for Nuk was NOT going down.

shoutout appreciated! I know it’s BoB season all over the media and for good reason. He may (probably) be a dumb GM, over his head, and have visions of himself being the new Belicheck in 10 years. But he’s not suicidal. He would’ve been flayed in the town square if he traded Hopkins to Buffalo. That was never, everever, on the table. So please stop comparing the trades.

17 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right Patriots get Diggs, Brady doesn't leave NE, and everything is terrible.

So in short your welcome America.

exactly. We should be getting flowers and edible arrangements for this **** from the rest of the league. Not spite from our own fans who clearly have no sense in how to evaluate these things. Clutching pearls over, OH MY GOSH, the 22 pick in the draft. I would have given them the 3rd overall pick for a young, proven commodity like Diggs.

”You want the brand new boat or you want what’s in the mystery box mr. Griffin?”

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There seriously needs to be a heart option for the like area. Cause I ❤ this sooooo much!

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Diggs doesn't say much in this but what little he does is pretty good.

The guy just doesn't want to give up.

• Like (+1) 1