Rams in talks with 3 teams to trade Brandin Cooks

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, if we trade our 3rd for him, I’d understand it but I just think we could find a better fit to spend a 3rd and big bucks on.  He’s got 16-17 mill a year coming to him for a few more years. I just don’t think I want to spend all those resources (that’s a lot of money) in another small catch radius wr.

then would we still be looking to add a wr in the first 2 rounds of the draft?  Cooks 17 mill, brown 9.75, Beasley 7.3 plus a top draft pick in this draft?  I just don’t know if we’re going to invest all of that into WR.  I can’t help but look at the height and catch radius of the top 3 WRs and lack of precision of our QB on deep balls

Lots.  multiple years at over 16 mill per 

Yeah no thanks on. Ridiculous contract. WTF are they doing in LA? Just throwing around money.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The flip side is that Cooks gives you flexibility at 22 in terms of BPA. I would be okay with trading a third for him, going BPA at not necessarily WR in the first and second and then trading up in the third for another WR who falls.

We would also likely restructure Cooks to spread out his hit a little more and give him some more guaranteed money in recompense.

His contract is immense.  Good luck restructuring that.  He has lots of dead cap throughout the deal.  It’ll be expensive. And he’s small and gets smacked up. Eh.  Prefer him to go to the eagles, broncos, colts, raiders, fins or jags

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

His contract is immense.  Good luck restructuring that.  He has lots of dead cap throughout the deal.  It’ll be expensive. And he’s small and gets smacked up. Eh.  Prefer him to go to the eagles, broncos, colts, raiders, fins or jags

The dead cap will accelerate to the Rams. Because they traded him.

It will be easy to restructure. We see this all the time when players are traded with large money deals.

Just now, FireChans said:

It will be easy to restructure. We see this all the time when players are traded with large money deals.

Very easy since you only pick up base salary in a trade.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Ok my bad.

i’d rather pay cooper and not trade anything.  And I don’t even like cooper.  

I’m all about overpaying for the right players breaking the bank to win a SB, I just don’t think he’s that guy to get us a SB. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Ok my bad.

I’m all about overpaying for the right players breaking the bank to win a SB, I just don’t think he’s that guy to get us a SB. 

Fair enough. 

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok my bad.

I'd rather get Cooper too, but I don't think that's a possibility. Cooks is if we want it to be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

I'd rather get Cooper too, but I don't think that's a possibility. Cooks is if we want it to be.

True. 

Teams acquire Cooks and then try to trade cooks.  The price is too high for me

For the love of God, trade us COOPER KUPP!!!!!:worthy:

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Cooper is a dog.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

You mean a dog or a DOG?

Obviously means Da Only Guy worth trading for....

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Ok my bad.

Nobody like Amari... Kupp on he other hand:wub:

1 hour ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Yet another smurf. Hard pass.

Yeah, forget the fact the guy has been super productive, forget the fact hes been uber productive every year of his career, minus this year.

But yeah, height alone is all we should focus on. 

4 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yeah, forget the fact the guy has been super productive, forget the fact hes been uber productive every year of his career, minus this year.

But yeah, height alone is all we should focus on. 

sorry if it came across that way .. I am not against the shorter WR per se - just that we already have too many of them. I would have been all over him last year when our cupboard was bare.