Browns release LB Christian Kirksey - Signing with Packers 2 years, 16 mill

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I fear that the Ravens are going to make this dude an enticing offer and ultimately woo him away from Buffalo.

Booooo, Ravens. Booooooooo!

Is this going to be like when Maclin visited and was best friends with Shady and took Videos of himself in the Bills locker room and then went to Baltimore to sign because he got free crab cakes for life?

or no

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This reminds me of when Jeremy Maclin was a lock to sign in Buffalo. McCoy was posting pictures with him at the Bills facility. Then bang, signed with the Ravens.

You forgot about the crab cakes from Jimmy’s Seafood. Key factor. We went so far as to buy him gifts off of his wedding registry and boost the page count of his thread by posting recipes and fashion tips. Alas, he did not choose wisely. Perhaps Kirksey has a brain. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is this going to be like when Maclin visited and was best friends with Shady and took Videos of himself in the Bills locker room and then went to Baltimore to sign because he got free crab cakes for life?

or no

Beat me to it. McCoy was even in his wedding.

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You forgot about the crab cakes from Jimmy’s Seafood. Key factor. We went so far as to buy him gifts off of his wedding registry and boost the page count of his thread by posting recipes and fashion tips. Alas, he did not choose wisely. Perhaps Kirksey has a brain. 

Exactly.  If there's ever a case for buyers and sellers remorse, that's the perfect example.  

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This reminds me of when Jeremy Maclin was a lock to sign in Buffalo. McCoy was posting pictures with him at the Bills facility. Then bang, signed with the Ravens.

Yeah. It seems like the Ravens are good at fleecing us on players. Just like with John Brown two years ago and then Jeremy Maclin. I wanna say it happened with another player to but can't think of who it was

The reasons that I think he may end up with the Ravens:

- Never discount the degree to which NFL players want to stick it to the team that released them. With Baltimore, Kirksey would get to play Browns twice a year
- He may perceive the Ravens as his best avenue to a Super Bowl. Who wouldn't want to play with Lamar Jackson?
- Ravens may be able to offer him more of a full time role. More snaps = more money.
- The "Ravens mystique" is real for defensive players, in my opinion.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and he signs with the Bills today.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

The reasons that I think he may end up with the Ravens:

- Never discount the degree to which NFL players want to stick it to the team that released them. With Baltimore, Kirksey would get to play Browns twice a year
- He may perceive the Ravens as his best avenue to a Super Bowl. Who wouldn't want to play with Lamar Jackson?
- Ravens may be able to offer him more of a full time role. More snaps = more money.
- The "Ravens mystique" is real for defensive players, in my opinion.

Here's hoping I'm wrong and he signs with the Bills today.

All very good points. Especially the ability to play a larger role potentially, and the Ravens are more SB contenders present day than the Bills

• Like (+1) 1