Bills, Denver & Titans interested in DJ Reader (signed with Cin)

If he’s a difference maker, sign him up.  It takes 2 to tango.  Beane can’t just wave a magic wand and get the best free agents at positions of need.  A lot less difficult to do that in the draft where you can maneuver up or down to fill needs.  Or get really lucky and have Oliver drop into your hands.   

I thought we got pushed around at the LOS last year. It seemed like when a team started running up the middle for huge chunk plays that our whole defense had to go into run stop mode. Reader is a monster and moves pretty well for such a huge player, I think signing Reader would be a huge signing. I've only watched a few games but this guy does not move, even when he is doubled he holds his ground.

• Like (+1) 1

Plus, if you are super-strong at DT, it makes the Edge position a little less of a need as the Edge players will be facing constant one on one's and Hughes and Murphy can win those.

Darryl Johnson is still developing, so we shall see with him.

Reader and, maybe, someone like Addison would make a nice FA splash and set yourselves up with a very good and deep DL.

• Like (+1) 4

I dont see how we are interested in Reader. Star just took a cut and got guaranteed $$$ and we drafted Oliver last year. 

We also have H Phillips who is progressing as well. 

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I dont see how we are interested in Reader. Star just took a cut and got guaranteed $$$ and we drafted Oliver last year. 

We also have H Phillips who is progressing as well. 

Maybe you don't see the need, but McBeane sure as heck does.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I always thought Phillips was too small to play 0-1 tech full time. As for 3 tech, I think he would be good enough to spell Oliver there. I'm all for going after Reader.

all of this. Harry is an attacker after the likes of Kyle. disruptive player is what Bills are thinking he brings.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s better than both 

Not disagreeing with that. Just saying I'd be surprised given the $$ we've already allotted and our two prospects in Oliver and Harry

4 hours ago, njbuff said:

This is why it is so hard to predict FA.

Who the heck ever thought that Reader would be on the Bills radar? I sure as hell didn't.

I’m not sure why people are so surprised. Did they forget the run defense for that stretch of games this season? The Bills ran out and got CL who wasn’t very good either. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m not sure why people are so surprised. Did they forget the run defense for that stretch of games this season? The Bills ran out and got CL who wasn’t very good either. 

Liuget was the best available at the time but I know who isn’t good vs the run and that’s Jordan Phillips

• Like (+1) 6