Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

If you tell a classroom that ON AVERAGE men are taller than women, a woman will stand up and say that’s not true because Jennifer is taller than Steve.

and almost all the class will smirk at you because your argument has been destroyed right there

but the same smirkers will swallow anything in the name of science involving predictions of the future

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Foxx said:

an article from yesterday. it gives a good look at the deaths up till Friday in some detail. not to be calloused, as i do value all life but we are seeing an emerging trend line. 

Older or Unhealthy: The first 48 U.S. coronavirus deaths in detail

... Thirty-seven deaths (77% of total) are in Washington state.

Newly reported on March 13, 2020

• Two women in their 90s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
  • A woman in her 80s at Life Care Center died on March 6.
  • A man in his 70s at Overlake Medical Center died on March 4.
  • A man in his 80s at Swedish Issaquah hospital, died on March 9.
  • Woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died on March 11.

Four Washington state deaths are from Snohomish County

• A woman in her 70s with underlying health conditions died March 11.
  • Woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions died March 10.
  • Man in his 80s with underlying health conditions, died March 9 at the Josephine Caring Community 
  • A man in his 40s with underlying health conditions died but the date has not been specified.

One Washington State death is from Grant County, a patient in his or her 80s.

Four deaths are in California:

• A woman, 90s, in assisted living.
  • A woman, 60s, hospitalized in Santa Clara.
  • An elderly man in assisted living.
  • A man, 71, with underlying health conditions who had been on a Grand Princess cruise ship.

Two deaths are in Florida:

• A man and woman, both in their 70s, died after returning from foreign travel.

One death is in New Jersey:

• A man, 69, who is diabetic and suffered two cardiac arrests, has died.

One death is in South Dakota:

• A man in his 60s with underlying medical conditions has died.

One death is in Georgia:

• A man, 67, with underlying medical conditions has died.

One death is in Kansas:

• A man in his 70s with underlying health conditions died at the Life Care Center in Kansas City.

One death in is Colorado:

• A woman in her 80s with underlying health conditions has died.

This blows your theory out of the water.

48DBB702-0D9D-4C4C-A9E1-11965E9C4542.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...with this news, Toilet Paper futures are up 87%.............

Taco Bell prepares to go 'drive-thru and delivery only' amid coronavirus outbreak

By Michael Hollan | Fox News

Taco Bell doesn't plan to close during the coronavirus pandemic, but restaurant dining rooms may soon be off-limits.

The fast-food chain recently announced that it's taking steps to close dining areas, operating only through drive-thru and delivery options.

Mark King, CEO of Taco Bell Corp., posted a letter Saturday stating that the company has "an obligation to do something to help stop this from spreading."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/taco-bell-drive-thru-coronavirus

Better go out and buy a generator.
Workers at power plants are going to be told to stay home when government shuts down the country for 14 days. 

all the food you stocked up on in your freezer will go bad 

New York restaurants and bars have to cap their seating capacity at half.

This is going to have a significant impact on servers, bartenders and the owners of mom & pop diners, bars, etc.  Servers and bartenders don't get PTO and most of their earnings are tips.  

I'm not saying it's the wrong thing to do; just emphasizing how sad it is.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is going to have a significant impact on servers, bartenders and the owners of mom & pop diners, bars, etc.  Servers and bartenders don't get PTO and most of their earnings are tips.  

...here in Monroe County (Rochester), County Health Commissioner is asking bars and restaurants to consider voluntary closing...........I'd bet mandatory edict is to follow.....Erie County next??.........cancelling the family vacation to Aruba on 3/22 really sucks......their GDP is 80%+ tourism......thank my lucky stars that I'm fortunate enough to be able to tip those fine folks, but the restrictions are changing hourly and Aruba is locking down quickly......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It is sad but til more people take this seriously it's the only way. They are closing things to try to force people to practice social distancing and avoid places with lots of people. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here in Monroe County (Rochester), County Health Commissioner is asking bars and restaurants to consider voluntary closing...........I'd bet mandatory edict is to follow.....Erie County next??.........cancelling the family vacation to Aruba on 3/22 really sucks......their GDP is 80%+ tourism......thank my lucky stars that I'm fortunate enough to be able to tip those fine folks, but the restrictions are changing hourly and Aruba is locking down quickly......

We’re supposed to go on 4/26. Not holding out much hope it will happen but it’s all booked on Marriott / southwest points anyways so no reason to cancel yet. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...with this news, Toilet Paper futures are up 87%.............

Taco Bell prepares to go 'drive-thru and delivery only' amid coronavirus outbreak

By Michael Hollan | Fox News

Taco Bell doesn't plan to close during the coronavirus pandemic, but restaurant dining rooms may soon be off-limits.

The fast-food chain recently announced that it's taking steps to close dining areas, operating only through drive-thru and delivery options.

Mark King, CEO of Taco Bell Corp., posted a letter Saturday stating that the company has "an obligation to do something to help stop this from spreading."

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/taco-bell-drive-thru-coronavirus

Taco Bell during a toilet paper shortage seems unwise.

• Haha (+1) 4