Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

What are you guys thinking? Total shutdown soon for the entire nation outside of essential personnel? That seems to be the way it’s trending. 

Seems to be the only logical solution. Then brace yourself for the backlash for the economic downturn. Its a no win situation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Seems to be the only logical solution. Then brace yourself for the backlash for the economic downturn. Its a no win situation. 

Drastic measures are needed, but it makes my stomach hurt to think of what’s going to happen to the markets next week and going forward. I put a bit of money in WAAAY too soon.

Lots of pain for lots of people, but the pain for families who lose loved ones trumps all the financial stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

What are you guys thinking? Total shutdown soon for the entire nation outside of essential personnel? That seems to be the way it’s trending. 

61wHhlKT6xL.jpg

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/90039841_10220037139672040_1727617772675923968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQmGT3FVmgom7Y6OrrmQneizbzwFhstIwkBiwwzgOexn7P_7enwbM1t-ACOVVEOzEj93m9g5HGU2Gdt2kYI0TTNp&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=81fff0397efa222e77c30bf46ec5193a&oe=5E948886

20 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

What I'm concerned about is that we'll continue to see a hodgepodge of different actions at the state and local level, then (past the point of it really being effective) we'll see the total national shutdown as a "Hail Mary", done without much care for preserving supply lines and mobilizing resources to hard-hit areas.

Not what I want to see, obviously.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/90039841_10220037139672040_1727617772675923968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQmGT3FVmgom7Y6OrrmQneizbzwFhstIwkBiwwzgOexn7P_7enwbM1t-ACOVVEOzEj93m9g5HGU2Gdt2kYI0TTNp&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=81fff0397efa222e77c30bf46ec5193a&oe=5E948886

What I'm concerned about is that we'll continue to see a hodgepodge of different actions at the state and local level, then (past the point of it really being effective) we'll see the total national shutdown as a "Hail Mary", done without much care for preserving supply lines and mobilizing resources to hard-hit areas.

Not what I want to see, obviously.

I’m still working as of tommorrow.  My guess is the UPS and Fedex pipeline gets cutoff soon when those unions perk up to protect their guys. That will shut down a lot of places that planned on waiting to be told to close. 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Boom goes the Federal Reserve--dropping short-term rates to zero and opening huge liquidity pipelines...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-15/fed-cuts-main-rate-to-near-zero-to-boost-assets-by-700-billion?sref=Tz2RnUgZ

wow. they had to do something. tomorrow into Tuesday opening is going to be interesting...

Edited by Foxx

16 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m still working as of tommorrow.  My guess is the UPS and Fedex pipeline gets cutoff soon when those unions perk up to protect their guys. That will shut down a lot of places that planned on waiting to be told to close. 

the infrastructure the economy has moved to in the last decade (hell, five years even), shutting down UPS and FedEx would be like punting. i do not want to see this happen.

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Wow! Wonder if after they come back, they're going to keep schools open to mid/late July.

I think California has already committed to shutting down for 2 months. This looks like their summer break coming early. My niece was here today and she’s a teacher. She knows she’s out for a while, but has no idea what to expect.

It’s going to be a weird year with a ton of unexpected consequences that will ripple on for quite a while. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think California has already committed to shutting down for 2 months. This looks like their summer break coming early. My niece was here today and she’s a teacher. She knows she’s out for a while, but has no idea what to expect.

It’s going to be a weird year with a ton of unexpected consequences that will ripple on for quite a while. 

I am banking on total k-12 school shut downs until Fall. Thankfully most schools have some online type of teaching they can administer.