Covid-19 discussion and humor thread [Was: CDC says don't touch your face to avoid Covid19...Vets to the rescue!

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

This world may have bigger problems than the virus.......

121 confirmed in GA as of today. Most right near us too. But that's probably where most of the testing is happening too...

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

I wish they were tracking and reporting the number of tests too

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

121 confirmed in GA as of today. Most right near us too. But that's probably where most of the testing is happening too...

I thought VA was bad with 44.  

oh wait ... up to 52 

The Devil went down to Georgia 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We are pretty much homebound other than my wife’s trip to Publix (where she actually got the last of the disinfecting wipes! YAY!) and my trip to, ummm.....the beverage store. I’m treating this like an extended hurricane party to some extent. 

EDIT: I realize this is shockingly like my normal routine!  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I thought VA was bad with 44.  

We got that busy airport, and so many large companies that bring people in and out.

Without any panic or drama, I'm pretty sure it has already swept through most of Atlanta. Would not be surprised if my wife, daughter and I all tested positive given the cold we've all had for the past few weeks. Luckily we arent at risk for anything much worse.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We got that busy airport, and so many large companies that bring people in and out.

Without any panic or drama, I'm pretty sure it has already swept through most of Atlanta. Would not be surprised if my wife, daughter and I all tested positive given the cold we've all had for the past few weeks. Luckily we arent at risk for anything much worse.

My son flew back from a wedding in Florida yesterday. (Can’t scare those 20-somethings!) He said the Atlanta airport was pretty typical, as in BUSY. 

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I found this article with an interesting graphic, current as of 11 March.  Looking for more recent information. 

Note that there is now some testing by independent labs that is not included in total, so the 23 tests per million people maybe should be 30? still too low.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/12/21175034/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-usa

covid_19_testing_per_capita.jpg

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I found this article with an interesting graphic, current as of 11 March.  Looking for more recent information. 

Note that there is now some testing by independent labs that is not included in total, so the 23 tests per million people maybe should be 30? still too low.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/3/12/21175034/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-usa

covid_19_testing_per_capita.jpg

I know it got to the other countries first, but that’s still pretty embarrassing. How are they NOT  more prepared......? 

Why does Trump always break into Dr Oz, today with Sanjay Gupta? They actually have something valuable to say!!!

Edited by Augie

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know it got to the other countries first, but that’s still pretty embarrassing. How are they NOT more prepared......?

That was kind of my "beef" in an earlier post about testing, and that test development got AFU. 

There were some good counterpoints raised about availability of standards etc....but every country was dealing with the same limitations, and somehow managed to do a better job making testing available. 

Even if you look at it as total number of tests, not normalized to populations, a bunch of these countries are kicking our butts.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was kind of my "beef" in an earlier post about testing, and that test development got AFU. 

There were some good counterpoints raised about availability of standards etc....but every country was dealing with the same limitations, and somehow managed to do a better job making testing available. 

Even if you look at it as total number of tests, not normalized to populations, a bunch of these countries are kicking our butts.

South Korea already had an entire successful testing infrastructure designed and built before COVID even hit the US. All we had to do was copy them and expand on it. But nah.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

i think i'm getting misinformation here.  has anyone heard rumors that pennsylvania will completely shut down...as in people aren't allowed to leave their houses?  i've also heard ups in going to suspend service as well.

4 minutes ago, teef said:

i think i'm getting misinformation here.  has anyone heard rumors that pennsylvania will completely shut down...as in people aren't allowed to leave their houses?  i've also heard ups in going to suspend service as well.

Gov Wolf just declared a statewide shutdown on non-essential business for two weeks.

Nothing about people staying at home.

In a few hours I'm leaving for a spontaneous vacation in Bama, Fla and Georgia; this could get interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, teef said:

Looks like it might be true (state wide shut down), but I’m still checking into it. Watching the press conference.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/live-updates-coronavirus-pennsylvania-what-you-need-know-monday/DOARLQQXDVHSZHYF2BN77EMXIQ/

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here is the press conference with PA health officials:

@teef

1 minute ago, teef said:

got ya.  that makes more sense at this point.  

UPDATE 2:00 p.m.: Gov. Tom Wolf announced a statewide shut down. That means all non-essential stores, bars and restaurants will close effective at midnight. This is expected to last for 2 weeks. Gov. Wolf said there are no plans to shut down any pharmacies, grocery stores or medical facilities and he urged people to continue their normal shopping trips.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1