XFL Week 4 Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You thinking Brady? :lol:

I like to put a few bucks on these games just to peak my interest. I need 12 more to make the over 

Ta'amu is looking very good. I see a camp invite in his future.

No I’m thinking of another Tampa team that needs a QB.  But I would mind Brady going there.

First week, I recorded all 4 games, but watched only two.  

Second week, recorded and watched DC Defenders game (aka XFL Bills).

Last week, I remembered too late to record DC.

This week, were their games today?

47 minutes ago, ColeB said:

First week, I recorded all 4 games, but watched only two.  

Second week, recorded and watched DC Defenders game (aka XFL Bills).

Last week, I remembered too late to record DC.

This week, were their games today?

DC plays tomorrow night at 7pm 

Hard to watch when the few interesting games are not on air TV.  I do like how much better the refs are. They don't make a lot of bad calls that affect the game.

And the point after rules are better than kicking, more strategy and more interesting.

Just need a few more QBs that are at least NFL backup quality. The have to pay some more serious bucks to entice the forever NFL backup QBs to abandon their futile fantasy "Starter Dreams", just grab the dollars, and enjoy their "moment of fame" of being a bigger fish in the little XFL pond. Instead of being a forever wannabe in the NFL ocean. Other than QBs,  and maybe kickers, watching players at other positions playing against others at a similar talent level is entertaining.  Even Peterman might look like "THE Man" amongst the boys in the XFL.

Edited by simpleman

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s an entertaining brand of football. I like it.

Does that make me a bad person??

The worst. :rolleyes:

I like it too. It's football. I like football. I put a few bucks on games to make them more interesting.  And I can already see at least a dozen players who may well be on NFL rosters this fall. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The worst. :rolleyes:

I like it too. It's football. I like football. I put a few bucks on games to make them more interesting.  And I can already see at least a dozen players who may well be on NFL rosters this fall. 

It's gonna suck to lose guys like Ta'amu to the NFL.

He's gonna go to the big league, but he's gonna be a back-up. Then St Louis becomes a much less interesting team. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but Ta'amu.

Like @simpleman said, the XFL needs to pay up. Fans need to keep watching, too. We can't complain that they're not able pay for stars and then not watch. They need the fan following in order to grow and be able to give those pay-days.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

He's gonna go to the big league, but he's gonna be a back-up. Then St Louis becomes a much less interesting team. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but Ta'amu.

Like @simpleman said, the XFL needs to pay up. Fans need to keep watching, too. We can't complain that they're not able pay for stars and then not watch. They need the fan following in order to grow and be able to give those pay-days.

I think the whole idea of the XFL is to showcase players for the NFL. The more players who get there the better. 

At some point they may start taking players who bypass college for a chance to get paid sooner.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think the whole idea of the XFL is to showcase players for the NFL. The more players who get there the better. 

At some point they may start taking players who bypass college for a chance to get paid sooner.

Players who don't think they would be drafted, maybe.  Those guys aren't making the leap.

Regardless, if the ratings are down again for week 4, the buzzards will be circling...

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Then it's like the same kind of roster turnover that happens in college. I don't think that's good for a professional league. It would only work if they were a minor league partnering with the NFL.

Getting college talent, even some HS talent is what they should try to do, which the AAF didn't seem to have any intention of doing. 

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_62617526_253601384605_1_original.thumb.jpg.1df8605023acfcc0e1299ea7b2063cd8.jpg

Houston -- 3

Dallas  -- 0

so far.

Houston should crush them. I don't see it being much of a "rivalry" in the near future.

They say that's a ball Landry "knows he can't throw" but I don't think he does. That's what I never liked about Landry since his college days. He didn't seem coachable, never improved.

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Then it's like the same kind of roster turnover that happens in college. I don't think that's good for a professional league. It would only work if they were a minor league partnering with the NFL.

Getting college talent, even some HS talent is what they should try to do, which the AAF didn't seem to have any intention of doing. 

Houston should crush them. I don't see it being much of a "rivalry" in the near future.

They say that's a ball Landry "knows he can't throw" but I don't think he does. That's what I never liked about Landry since his college days. He didn't seem coachable, never improved.

Landry --  3 for 7............3 interceptions

ugh.

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Am I crazy for thinking Ta'amu wouldn't be a bad option to come in and compete with Barkley for backup QB? I like Barkley, but he is certainly upgradeable.

59 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Players who don't think they would be drafted, maybe.  Those guys aren't making the leap.

Regardless, if the ratings are down again for week 4, the buzzards will be circling...

I believe there are a handful of (somewhat talented) guys in the XFL now that were suspended from the college program but still not NFL eligible.