Cover 1 Ruggs is more than just speed

Reed83HOF

On 2/28/2020 at 11:55 AM, Reed83HOF said:

The only way to get a top 3 WR is to move up  

Honestly, I’m not so sure anymore.  I think the depth that’s showing at the position may have teams wait until the 2nd or 3rd round for a WR while filling other positions of need in the first.  

Right now, I can see 4/5 QB’s going in the first and more offensive lineman than expected.  I think that will make the receivers drop.  

I also think this draft could see the first round trade record get broken.  There’s just so much depth at some positions, and none at others.  I expect the QB’s and small depth positions to go first with WR be the luxury picks 

36 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

That is a crazy basketball clip.  Not sure there’s a guy on the planet that can do that at 5’11”

Jonny Flynn from Niagara falls and SU.

5"11 6/8 with over 40 inch vertical

D1 game dunking on legit center

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Honestly, I’m not so sure anymore.  I think the depth that’s showing at the position may have teams wait until the 2nd or 3rd round for a WR while filling other positions of need in the first.  

Right now, I can see 4/5 QB’s going in the first and more offensive lineman than expected.  I think that will make the receivers drop.  

I also think this draft could see the first round trade record get broken.  There’s just so much depth at some positions, and none at others.  I expect the QB’s and small depth positions to go first with WR be the luxury picks 

Bam...B word

WR will be particularly interesting to see what happens this year... A few years ago Mike Williams and Corey Davis went top 10 and haven’t really panned out. Last year receivers didn’t start going until late in the first round and GMs are probably kicking themselves for the WRs they passed on. Hollywood Brown came off in the 20s and was a similar, but more bonafide prospect than Ruggs is this year. If I’m the Bills I don’t trade up in the first, I let the draft come to me. I maybe trade up from the 2nd to grab another wideout.

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Ruggs won’t be there at 22. Not after the combine. Nor will Lamb or Jeudy. It comes down to Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos in RD1. Should be some damn good WRs left in RD2. 

If they take either of those guys at 22 I will be very disappointed. 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If they take either of those guys at 22 I will be very disappointed. 

I'm hoping Ruggs is overvalued and taken before Cedee Lamb.

That's the guy I'd rather have, so better chance if Ruggs goes before him.

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

I'm hoping Ruggs is overvalued and taken before Cedee Lamb.

That's the guy I'd rather have, so better chance if Ruggs goes before him.

I don’t see how CeeDee gets past 17. Top 3 WRs almost have to be gone by then with all of NYJ, LV, Indy, Denver, and Dallas picking 11-17.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:36 AM, RyanC883 said:

I would love to land Ruggs.  I can't see him lasting to us.  Jefferson might, but I'm still bigger on taking a WR in round 2 if an impact Edge or OT is available in Rd. 1.    In regards to Jefferson, I agree his height is not an issue.  But is he simply a "slot" WR, or could we move him out wide also?  

If we land an OT and then a DE in FA then we are in on Ruggs who could get easily to 11-20 due to all the QB needs. I like Jefferson who I think can play outside and slot. If this team could get their hands on a Ruggs or Jefferson we would be awesome. If we had our OT and DE going into the draft, I would give up our 2nd for a 4th to go up and get Ruggs. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Ruggs will be the best WR from this draft and he should be the 1st WR taken in the draft.

It's not an outrageous take by you. I dont agree but his ceiling is huge.