Joe B’s Mock Offseason - FA, draft, extensions and re-signings

YoloinOhio

For those without an Athletic sub (I hope you at least have a Wegmans sub but I digress)

re-signs - Shaq 4 years, 31 mill

Dean Marlowe, Waddle, Julian Stanford

Tender RFA Isaiah McKenzie at original round render 

Tender  ERFAs Levi Wallace, Robert Foster, Jason Croom

lets hit the market  - Spain, K Johnson, Gore, Jordan Phillips, Maurice Alexander, Kurt Coleman, Senorise Perry 

Free Agency signings:

CB Xavier Rhodes, Minn 1 year 8 mill

SLB Kyler Fackrell, GB 3 years, 15 mill

RB Jordan Howard, Phil  2 years 7 mill

Ol Joe Haeg , Indy 2 years 5 mill

3 tech DT Sheldon Day, SF 1 year 2.5 mill

Extensions  -

Milano 4 years, 52 mill

Dawkins 5 years, 71 mill 

White 5 years, 78 mill

Draft-

22 OT Andrew Thomas , UGA

54 S Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne

86 WR Bryan Edwards, S Carolina

118 DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse 

137 WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, Libert

149 CB Harrison Hand, Temple

168 RB Antonio Gibson, Memphis

181 OL Keith Ismael, San Diego st 

187 CB Sanford Samuels III, FSU

I like a lot of this but not sure about Edwards with that broken foot and also it’s one pick ahead of Khalid Kareem in this mock so I’d be real tempted to take him there. Don’t know a lot about Alton Robinson but Kareem is an excellent player

Edited by YoloinOhio

An OT in round one means Beane and company are throwing in the towel as Ford as a RT. I don't think they are there just yet.

Milano's contract seems crazy, but I guess that is where we are in today's NFL.

Pretty solid off season but prefer they attack WR more and who's rushing the passer? Edit: didn't see Fackrel signing but might not be enough anyways.

Edited by qwksilver
  • Like (+1) 1

Surprised he left a TE out of the equation.  Well thought out though and even though there’s nothing “sexy” here, it does almost everything necessary.  But not upgrading the skill positions with anything but mid-round picks to support Josh’s continued development is where I’d disagree.  Failure to upgrade the teams continued biggest weakness just doesn’t seem “Beaney” at all.  Not only do I think they’ll be in play for compliments at TE, but I think they’ll be focused on bringing in a big-bodied receiver.  But as my wife continues to remind me, I’m way more wrong than right.   

5 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

An OT in round one means Beane and company are throwing in the towel as Ford as a RT. I don't think they are there just yet.

Pretty solid off season but prefer they attack WR more and who's rushing the passer? 

I think he’s going with Hughes, Shaq, Murphy and Alton Robinson. And I guess Darryl Johnson.

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

My initial reaction is that he didn’t do nearly enough to address the skill positions. The Bills need to upgrade their weapons. This doesn’t do it. They aren’t nearly explosive enough.

I would not take the D2 Safety at 54. I would take WR there. And I would address TE somewhere. Pass rusher still seems meh to me after this 

7 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Love it except for neglect of true #1 WR.  Anyone know the reason for Fackrell's big drop off, 10.5 sacks (2018) down to 1 (2019). Was he hurt? I don't follow GB much, so no intel on this signing.

I don’t know much about Fackrell either. I do think Rhodes would be a classic Beane signing and I like the Jordan Howard signing

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think he’s going with Hughes, Shaq, Murphy and Alton Robinson. And I guess Darryl Johnson.

This wasn't great last year. The 1st RD OT seems not so smart. Does he mock the 1st round? I'd like to see what else was available.

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Love it except for neglect of true #1 WR.  Anyone know the reason for Fackrell's big drop off, 10.5 sacks (2018) down to 1 (2019). Was he hurt? I don't follow GB much, so no intel on this signing.

The better question is why 10.5 in 2018, only 6 combined the other 3 years...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

This wasn't great last year. The 1st RD OT seems not so smart. Does he mock the 1st round? I'd like to see what else was available.

Yes he does. Josh Jones, Shenault, Blacklock, Swift, Justin Jefferson, Patrick Queen, Raekwon Davis, Reagor, Delpit, Jonathan Taylor are taken after 22. 

19 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Pretty solid off season but prefer they attack WR more and who's rushing the passer? Edit: didn't see Fackrel signing but might not be enough anyways.

I would be ok with moving Ford to G and taking Thomas. I doubt he’s there at 22 though 

• Like (+1) 2

While I do recognize that the team has needs beyond WR, I can’t see how you can possibly ignore that huge need.  Brown and Beasley are nice, but there isn’t even a young WR on the roster that you even have a *hope* that he could be impactful beyond them.

I understand that this is being touted as a very deep WR class, but that should not entice them to get cute and wait until the bottom third of round 3 to address it.  I think that is just begging for not filling that need - at least in 2020.

12 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

While I do recognize that the team has needs beyond WR, I can’t see how you can possibly ignore that huge need.  Brown and Beasley are nice, but there isn’t even a young WR on the roster that you even have a *hope* that he could be impactful beyond them.

I understand that this is being touted as a very deep WR class, but that should not entice them to get cute and wait until the bottom third of round 3 to address it.  I think that is just begging for not filling that need - at least in 2020.

I don’t think drafting a WR in the 3rd is ignoring the need. Just depends on where they have him on their board, not where he ultimately falls. My concern with the player is the foot injury 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think drafting a WR in the 3rd is ignoring the need. Just depends on where they have him on their board, not where he ultimately falls. My concern with the player is the foot injury 

It isn't that a 3rd round WR can't pan out, but you certainly have better odds of satisfactorily filling a need in earlier rounds.  I am not opposed to a WR in the 1st or 2nd AND another in round 3, but I think they would be taking a big chance by not bringing in a viable FA and also waiting until round 3 to take a WR.

If they do that, they are once again not giving Allen enough talent around him to determine if he can be the long-term answer at QB.