Joe B’s Mock Offseason - FA, draft, extensions and re-signings

YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Total disaster scenario 

Noooooooo doubt.  Imagine if our prize free agents are Shaq and Xavier Rhodes?  Wow.  I like a lot of the players he selected for us but we need less of them and more explosiveness 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Joe B.'s off-season plan is the safe approach. It also ignores that OBD needs to move from being a 5-6 seed to competing for the division and winning in the playoffs.  And I am extremely confident that McBeane know they need solid starters or better to get there.

I'd also like to see McD finally acquiesce to toward being an offensively dominant team.  That means giving Allen as much talent as possible and realizing offense is what will propel the GM, HC, and QB toward the top of the league. 

Good thoughts and thankful he ain’t our gm. The only thing I am fine with is  extending our own that he mentioned. 

But I think this might be our most crucial offseason I can remember. Beane needs to hit it out of the park in my opinion. We have better cap space than most teams and we are now talented and coached well enough to be playoff threat season in and out. But we can’t go backwards.. he needs to find us players now that can fit in and propel us to a playoff win and beyond..

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even so, has Edwards really been looked at as that strong of a WR prospect?

Coming off a playoff loss, Beane correctly pointed out that the loss reflected the same struggles the team had all season: to "close the deal" and score TDs on drives.

He correctly pointed out that in order to change that, Allen needs "more weapons he can trust to go with the ones he already has"

To have that translate to:

1) a solid RB who was just traded to his 2nd team for a 6th round pick

2) No WR or TE in FA

3) a 3rd round WR

4) a 5th round WR and RB

5) letting a solid starting LG walk and back-filling with a FA who played 1/2 of a game at RG

.....That would be a hell of a cognitive dissonance, that's all I'll say, even if Andrew Thomas turns out to be "All That and a Bag of Chips" out the gate at RT.

Agree with this 100%. I feel like a lot of people believe puts out a lot of generic “GM speak, and they all do to an extent, but between his comments and McDermott’s you can usually pluck out a theme. And this year is about finding playmaking pieces on offense. 

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

For those without an Athletic sub (I hope you at least have a Wegmans sub but I digress)

re-signs - Shaq 4 years, 31 mill

Dean Marlowe, Waddle, Julian Stanford

Tender RFA Isaiah McKenzie at original round render 

Tender  ERFAs Levi Wallace, Robert Foster, Jason Croom

lets hit the market  - Spain, K Johnson, Gore, Jordan Phillips, Maurice Alexander, Kurt Coleman, Senorise Perry 

Free Agency signings:

CB Xavier Rhodes, Minn 1 year 8 mill

SLB Kyler Fackrell, GB 3 years, 15 mill

RB Jordan Howard, Phil  2 years 7 mill

Ol Joe Haeg , Indy 2 years 5 mill

3 tech DT Sheldon Day, SF 1 year 2.5 mill

Extensions  -

Milano 4 years, 52 mill

Dawkins 5 years, 71 mill 

White 5 years, 78 mill

Draft-

22 OT Andrew Thomas , UGA

54 S Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne

86 WR Bryan Edwards, S Carolina

118 DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse 

137 WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, Libert

149 CB Harrison Hand, Temple

168 RB Antonio Gibson, Memphis

181 OL Keith Ismael, San Diego st 

187 CB Sanford Samuels III, FSU

I like a lot of this but not sure about Edwards with that broken foot and also it’s one pick ahead of Khalid Kareem in this mock so I’d be real tempted to take him there. Don’t know a lot about Alton Robinson but Kareem is an excellent player

I want to throw up ?